Quantcast
Changed my eating habits and.... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changed my eating habits and....

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Ben
    Diet cokes is worse for you IMO. Aspartame = evil.
    dont drink diet coke unless you have a blood sugar problem and cant drink regular stuff. It causes cancer and makes your little boys not swim as well

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Thanks guys !!

I still should be exercising more,but I'm working on that..
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Aspartame = evil is VERY true.
    Over time, aspartame breaks down into formaldehyde, which as we all know is carcinogenic.
    Just ask my mom, she was on a diet, started drinking diet coke, ended up with a HUGE tumor. She got it removed, stayed off diet coke for 2 years, not a problem, she started drinking it again, and here we are, 6 months later, she's going to have another one removed.

As an aside, aspartame causes water retention, which we all know doesn't help with weight loss.

Remember, aspartame, sucralose, etc are all bad for you. Just eat the damn sugar, it's 100x better for you.

Anyhoo, that aside, I hear you on this whole diet thing, just found out I suffer from hypertension, so I had to change my whole eating-lifestyle around.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I still think the aspertame fear is perpetuated by crack-pot conspiracy theorists. Every website I've been pointed to usually looks no different than fake moon landing sites, or fake pentagon attack sites, etc.

The October 2, 2004 issue of the British Medical Journal carries an editorial concluding that aspartame has been "demonised unfairly" in sections of the press and on the Internet.

The BMJ editorial states: "Evidence does not support links between aspartame and cancer, hair loss, depression, dementia, behavioural disturbances, or any of the other conditions appearing in websites. Agencies such as the Food Standards Agency, European Food Standards Authority, and the Food and Drug Administration have a duty to monitor relations between foodstuffs and health and to commission research when reasonable doubt emerges. Aspartame's safety was convincing to the European Scientific Committee on Food in 1988,but proving negatives is difficult, and it is even harder to persuade vocal sectors of the public whose opinions are fuelled more by anecdote than by evidence. The Food Standards Agency takes public concerns very seriously and thus pressed the European Scientific Committee on Food to conduct a further review, encompassing over 500 reports, in 2002. It concluded from biochemical, clinical, and behavioural research that the acceptable daily intake of 40 mg/kg/day of aspartame remained entirely safe-except for people with phenylketonuria."
    You think if it was that dangerous that money hungry lawyers wouldn't have taken it to town already?

I'll tell you why people don't want you using artificial sweetners - guess who's a major producer of sugar? Ever wonder why the sweetner is in the pharmacy, but never with the sugar? It's all about the money, and sugar is the big industry. Asperteme, etc are all the little guys.

And when that new sweetner (without apsertame - I forget the name) becomes more common, you bet someone will say it causes hairloss, makes your dog hate you, whatever.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

aspertame is not fucking giving you cancer. Thats all bullshit... Someone show me LEGIT tests done to prove that its bad for you..

and Melinda.. I have a blood sugar problem and weight problem.. what do i do now?? LOL im addicted.

Real pop is sooo fucking bad for u, but if ur skinny/active who gives a shit dont lower yourself to drink this diet crap.. hehehehh although diet coke with a lime is quite tasty.

Good Job on the weight loss man, Im doing the same thing. only normal pop no candy no fast food etc.. going to the gym doing cardio. If you want to keep some muscle definition(because being overweight really works your muscles) then do weights aswell!!! Make sure you do less weight more reps(15-17) because it promotes fat loss and a leaner muscle..

I know a shitload about this stuff.. if you wanna ask questions just PM.. ive lost 7 pounds, in 6 weeks.. im aiming for a pound a week. Im diabetic so I think that it is a little tougher, Im not starving myself, I love to cook.. so I cook when im bored and eat it too.. hehh. Im happy with my progress because I feel better even though im still a mess, but I dont care what other people think. Uve lost a shit load of wieght already, you will probably start to see it even off and you will start to loose less each week, dont get descouraged!!!! Thats normal, because all other organisms besides humans dont have wieght problems because there ecosystem is balanced. Your body thinks its bad when you loose weight, and after it realizes you have lost a bunch it will try to stop it, retaining fat etc etc... but just keep it up your effin pro man

btw!! dont starve yourself, because that makes it torture and makes you want to do it less giving u a better chance of just giving up.. if your hungry.. EAT.. make a fruit salad.

[edit]Get a treadmill, its a better workout then the bike, helps with stance etc etc.. unless you have like knee or back problems. Although my dad was rear ended which gave him back/neck problems and he cant ride the bike.. so he does the treadmill. Or maybe he does it because they have huge tvs on them now
    Last edited by blueripper6; 10-11-2004 at 12:28 AM.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Default Update...

Three months....36lbs down .
    I've been using Usana vitamin/minerals , and their health shake products. I've been walking a lot and recently picked up a weight bench and some weights.
    Getting a tad fed up with rabbit food and drinking gallons of water. I might treat myself to a nice big steak and a Guinness soon..
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Go see Supersize me to find out about sugar in soft drinks.

After 1 month of the McDs diet, they figured he consumed 35 lbs of sugar, more than a pound a day. It was mostly from the pop he drank with each meal.

Glad to hear the diet and exercise is going well. I need to get back on the treadmill myself... I am becoming a fat bastard again....

In one can of 355mL of Coca-Cola, there is about 6 tablespoons of sugar. You would NEVER dare to put that much into your coffee. So now you know why Coke tastes so sweet after all the carbon dioxide's has been released into the air. Just stay away from pop, doesn't matter if it's sugar or swimmer killers, it's all bad for you.

My Ride
    Kompressor

Default Re: Update...

Originally posted by fast95pony
    Three months....36lbs down .
    I've been using Usana vitamin/minerals , and their health shake products. I've been walking a lot and recently picked up a weight bench and some weights.
    Getting a tad fed up with rabbit food and drinking gallons of water. I might treat myself to a nice big steak and a Guinness soon..
    Holy smokes! Congratulations!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2