Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Photos and Videos Galleries > Photoshop Gallery > All Users Please Read: A Note Regarding Your Comments on Chops

Author
Thread
nismodrifter

What I drive: Diesels
Posts/Day: 1.07
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 114%

Style Of Mods Versus Quality of The Chop: All Users Please Read quote:

I'll just write this up quickly for now but will add to it/make it more clear at a later time.

Main Issue: Style of Mods Vs Quality of Chop

I've seen ALOT of this going on lately and to tell you the truth I am getting quite angry at some of the comments that are being posted in the photoshop threads.

Here is an example of what is going on:
A user takes a picture of a Mercedes, photoshops some "non-mercedesish" type mods (blitz front bumper, Volk wheels etc..) but does a pretty damn good job of adding the mods to the car..........this user ends up getting FLAMED because his style of mods don't match yours/the norm while in actual fact his pshop work is not bad at all.

Take a second to think of why the user added those mods to his Benz:
1- He may not follow all the current car trends/know which tuning companies make MBZ specific parts.....yet hes a damn good chopper
2- He simply likes the mods that he added and likes the way they make the car look.

I am asking all users to not judge a pshop solely on the styling of the mods, its simple, not everyone likes the same thing. If it looks good to the creator then why is anyone to complain? Hes happy with his work.

If we plan on having this forum around for the years to come we need to provide constructive criticism (especially for new members) instead of plain out criticism.

Comments/feedback on the above will be appreciated

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2005 03:28 AM
nismodrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nismodrifter Click here to Send nismodrifter a Private Message Find more posts by nismodrifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

project240
First Gear

What I drive: 03 Mdx, 05 Gli
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I completely agree, everyone has their own taste, their chops are done the way they like them. Even though I have no chopping skills, I like seeing others' work: even if it does include unrealistic mods... isn't that what photoshop is all about, to create something you wouldn't normally see?

I think constructive criticism is great, gives insight to how the photoshop can be improved...

Good suggestion nismodrifter

Old Post 01-23-2005 04:09 PM
project240 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for project240 Click here to Send project240 a Private Message Find more posts by project240 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
962 kid
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

Originally posted by ACS-e36
you should really quit photoshopping
thats fuking disgusting

comments like that are totally uncalled for/rediculous

Old Post 01-23-2005 04:42 PM
962 kid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 962 kid Click here to Send 962 kid a Private Message Find more posts by 962 kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
foto_choppa
First Gear

What I drive: 1985 civic *bling*
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

i completly agree, if someone dont like what it looks like, or sees something a bit dodgy, dont just say 'that is so crap' they should say HOW you could improve it, its not gonna get better with insults.

foto_choppa_@hotmail.com

Old Post 01-24-2005 01:53 AM
foto_choppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for foto_choppa Click here to Send foto_choppa a Private Message Find more posts by foto_choppa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazydriver
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39

quote:

Yea i agree, i know sometimes i critize ppl for odd tastes, but i only go as far as sayings it looks odd, on the other hand, i still give them tips on how to improve their chops, i'm hoping everyone else would do the same

Old Post 01-24-2005 04:22 AM
crazydriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crazydriver Click here to Send crazydriver a Private Message Visit crazydriver's homepage! Find more posts by crazydriver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futurecivic
First Gear

What I drive: explorer
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

agreed

Old Post 01-24-2005 07:32 AM
futurecivic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for futurecivic Click here to Send futurecivic a Private Message Find more posts by futurecivic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cycosis
Second Gear

What I drive: 2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

i agree 100% with u nismo, but i will be the first to admit that i ahve done worng in the past myself. i will try to be more constructive with ym criticism.

1968 Impala: Status: Stored for restoration
1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Status: Rebuilt, Stored
1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Status: Sold
2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Status: Stored

Old Post 01-24-2005 08:10 AM
cycosis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cycosis Click here to Send cycosis a Private Message Find more posts by cycosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ex1z7
First Gear

What I drive: 93 Toyota Pickup
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

There are some things that don't make sense on a chop that you shouldn't add, like a Nismo or TRD decal on a BMW. The rest of what you wrote I agree with, and the worst I've written that I remember is " I'm not feeling it " - because I didn't know what else I could say to improve it that wasn't already said.

Originally posted by Grogador
Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...

Originally posted by turbotrip
seems like a recipe for rape

toexistphoto.com

Old Post 01-25-2005 09:36 AM
ex1z7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ex1z7 Click here to Send ex1z7 a Private Message Find more posts by ex1z7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toyboy88
Second Gear

What I drive: '11 SWP Impreza
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (62)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Agreed 100% Well Said Nismo

twitter.com/travelwithryan

Old Post 01-25-2005 03:23 PM
toyboy88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toyboy88 Click here to Send toyboy88 a Private Message Visit toyboy88's homepage! Find more posts by toyboy88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MenteL
Banned

What I drive: Cavy
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

took this long for this thread to pop up? i've been asking for this for months.

Old Post 01-31-2005 07:48 AM
MenteL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MenteL Click here to Send MenteL a Private Message Visit MenteL's homepage! Find more posts by MenteL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbtuning

What I drive: I have a chauffeur - my dad!
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

They shud b shot

Old Post 04-17-2005 06:11 PM
cbtuning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbtuning Click here to Send cbtuning a Private Message Visit cbtuning's homepage! Find more posts by cbtuning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kirbs17
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

Originally posted by cbtuning
They shud b shot

Why are you reviving all these old threads?

Originally posted by SKR
You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

Old Post 04-17-2005 07:01 PM
Kirbs17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kirbs17 Click here to Send Kirbs17 a Private Message Find more posts by Kirbs17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbtuning

What I drive: I have a chauffeur - my dad!
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

cus i aint gettin n e replies

Old Post 04-18-2005 09:20 PM
cbtuning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbtuning Click here to Send cbtuning a Private Message Visit cbtuning's homepage! Find more posts by cbtuning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xsv

What I drive: My girlfriend.
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

yeh man, i got same kind of comments on my 360 modena.

Although wasnt realy "flaming" me, just some constructive criticism which is very good i guess

Old Post 06-25-2005 10:04 AM
xsv is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xsv Click here to Send xsv a Private Message Find more posts by xsv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlkMaxima
Second Gear

What I drive: G35S
Posts/Day: 0.42
Trader Rating: (20)

quote:

Here this thread is almost a perfect example of what comments should be like, "HELPFUL"!! I started getting better, SLOWLY. LOL Most of the comments really helped!!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread....;threadid=86800

The B looks like an aerial view, the o's look like a front view and the b looks like a side view.

Old Post 06-25-2005 10:22 AM
BlkMaxima is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlkMaxima Click here to Send BlkMaxima a Private Message Find more posts by BlkMaxima Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nich148_9
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Completely agree. If I don't like the mods, but the chop quality is good, I always specify.

Old Post 02-07-2006 02:25 AM
nich148_9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nich148_9 Click here to Send nich148_9 a Private Message Visit nich148_9's homepage! Find more posts by nich148_9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fez_turbo
Banned

What I drive: 96 civic lx, 04 corolla
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

agreed. well said.

No reasonable offer will be refused

Old Post 02-07-2006 03:07 AM
Fez_turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fez_turbo Click here to Send Fez_turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Fez_turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arian_ma
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.68
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

this thread is over a year old...

Originally posted by rage2
#1: don't ever question me.

Old Post 02-07-2006 04:59 PM
arian_ma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arian_ma Click here to Send arian_ma a Private Message Find more posts by arian_ma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 11:29 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: