Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > ** Some notes about "Stolen Vehicle" threads **

Author
Thread
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 1.05
Trader Rating: (120)
User Rating: 111%

** Some notes about "Stolen Vehicle" threads ** quote:

Unfortunately, we're starting to see more and more of these types of threads come up regularly. In the event that you find yourself having to post one of these, remember that you'll have to help us help you. When doing so, keep in mind some of the following suggestions:

- Be as descriptive as possible. Give us some details that may set this car apart from another on the street. Some examples may include body kits, rims, decals/stickers, body damage/dents, etc... Also some description of the make/model of the car can be very helpful (ie: year, colour, coupe/sedan/hatchback, etc...)

- Give us license plate number.

- Provide the last known whereabouts. Where was the vehicle taken from? What area of the city? Time of day? Who was driving it? Maybe even describe the driver.

- Include a photograph. As descriptive as your explanation may be, it'll almost never beat a picture of it. Go take a picture of your car when you get a chance and keep it on file in your computer. It may even be worthwhile emailing the photo to someone else in case you ever lose it. Take it from various angles and be sure to include any of the distinguishing features mentioned earlier. Also, make sure the photo is taken in a well lit area. If you don't have a digital camera, find someone who does (family, friend, fellow members at 403Honda meets every Wednesday). It doesn't have to be a fancy photo; any picture is better than no picture. You can tell me you have a XXX body kit with YYY rims, but unless I know what that looks like, that won't be a very helpful description.

- Provide a point of contact. A telephone number where someone can be reached is helpful, even if it's the Calgary Police Service's telephone number. Give a name so we know who we're asking for.

Remember, it is YOUR responsibility to keep us updated with the progress of the search, whether you're still looking, it's been spotted, or it's been found. If you're not going to put any effort in locating the vehicle, chances are no one else will either.

On a related note, there are some things that members can do to help reduce the risk of these thefts. Remember this is a public forum. We do not know everyone who's visiting here.

- Please do not post spotted vehicle locations. This has been brought up before, and it's always good to bring it up again. We should always try to avoid posting things like "Hey, I see your car everyday at __________." If you want to acknowledge another member's presence, private message (PM) them! Some people may not appreciate having their daily locations announced publicly.

- Do you really want to list all your mods and equipment? Sure, give the thieves a shopping list! Include how much you spent too! You just took the heat off someone elses car! (Just a little something to consider.)

I'm sure there's a lot more that can be added, but that's what I can come up with. Feel free to add. This can be updated this as suggestions are provided.

Ideally you will never have to post your own vehicle on one of these posts, but in the event you do...

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-03-2005 08:06 AM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

EK 2.0
Beyond's Biggest E-Mack

What I drive: ...Hollie...
Posts/Day: 2.12
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 99%

Re: ** Some notes about "Stolen Vehicle" threads ** quote:

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Please do not post spotted vehicle locations. This has been brought up before, and it's always good to bring it up again. We should always try to avoid posting things like "Hey, I see your car everyday at __________." If you want to acknowledge another member's presence, private message (PM) them! Some people may not appreciate having their daily locations announced publicly.

This is one I always have an issue with...and now that it has been brought up.

I will delete any posts I see about member saying "Hey, do you park in Art??...I see that car there everyday, looks sick mang"...

As sometimes the owners of these cars don't get a chance to see this and ask us to nuke that post...

Old Post 11-03-2005 03:28 PM
EK 2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK 2.0 Click here to Send EK 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by EK 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
02civicEX

What I drive: 02 Civic EX
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

is this only for the calgary area?

Old Post 01-10-2006 08:34 PM
02civicEX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 02civicEX Click here to Send 02civicEX a Private Message Visit 02civicEX's homepage! Find more posts by 02civicEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GQBalla
Third Gear

What I drive: 04 civic, 04 cbr600rr
Posts/Day: 0.94
Trader Rating: (57)
User Rating: 139%

quote:

its common sense.

good stuff!

Old Post 01-10-2006 09:33 PM
GQBalla is online now Click Here to See the Profile for GQBalla Click here to Send GQBalla a Private Message Find more posts by GQBalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*prettyboy*
Banned

What I drive: Bmw 325
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by GQBalla
its common sense.

good stuff!

Old Post 06-11-2006 10:24 PM
*prettyboy* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *prettyboy* Click here to Send *prettyboy* a Private Message Find more posts by *prettyboy* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camarooon

What I drive: 99' chevy silverado
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

thanks for the heads up, im just tryin to get the word out. its gonna be a little harder to find my race car cause its not registered or insured but im still hoping it pops up...

Old Post 01-19-2008 05:38 PM
camarooon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for camarooon Click here to Send camarooon a Private Message Find more posts by camarooon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klexis
Banned

What I drive:

quote:

Thank you for the warning. It's a good thing I've joined in this thread. Thanks again.

Old Post 12-18-2008 01:14 AM
Klexis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Klexis Click here to Send Klexis a Private Message Find more posts by Klexis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kaboorya
Banned

What I drive:

Stolen quote:

Maybe it was confiscated by police but they don't know who to contact. So maybe you should simply check with your local police department

Old Post 03-07-2009 10:02 PM
kaboorya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kaboorya Click here to Send kaboorya a Private Message Find more posts by kaboorya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:36 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: