Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Motorsports > Peugeot Quits Le Mans

Author
Thread
cloud7
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Peugeot Quits Le Mans quote:

From Peugeot Sport website

Peugeot brings down the curtain on its endurance programme so as to ensure the success of its numerous launches in 2012

After 14 victories in the last 16 races, including a double at the Le Mans 24 Hours 2009 as part of the ILMC championship won by Peugeot two years running, in 2010 and 2011, the Brand has decided to close its 2012 endurance programme and will not be taking part in the next Le Mans 24 Hours.

This decision has been taken against the backdrop of the challenging economic environment in Europe coupled with a particularly busy year for the Brand in terms of new vehicle launches. In this context, Peugeot prefers to concentrate its 2012 resources on its commercial performance and, in particular, ensuring the successful launches of the 208, 3008 HYbrid4, 508 RXH, 508 HYbrid4 and 4008 which will take forward the Brand's strategy of moving upmarket and extending its global presence. In keeping with its social responsibility obligations and as part of the GPEC (forward management of jobs and skills) agreement signed by 5 trade unions, all of the employees concerned will be offered redeployment solutions within the Group thanks to a special system set up to oversee and lead occupational training/retraining as well as internal mobility.

I guess Audi will add another title to its collection this year.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2012 09:25 PM
cloud7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cloud7 Click here to Send cloud7 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

HHURICANE1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.18

quote:

Surprising to say the least. I can see Audi giving up soon due to lack of competition unless the new Toyota hybrid can up the ante.

Old Post 01-18-2012 11:17 PM
HHURICANE1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HHURICANE1 Click here to Send HHURICANE1 a Private Message Find more posts by HHURICANE1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xnvy
First Gear

What I drive: Horse
Posts/Day: 1.05
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Another french surrender.
At least they quit while they were ahead.

Last edited by xnvy on 01-19-2012 at 02:15 AM

Old Post 01-19-2012 12:23 AM
xnvy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xnvy Click here to Send xnvy a Private Message Find more posts by xnvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eleanor
Third Gear

What I drive: CBR600RR
Posts/Day: 1.08

quote:

Brutal

Originally posted by ZenOps
Hes not really that bad...

Old Post 01-19-2012 04:35 PM
Eleanor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eleanor Click here to Send Eleanor a Private Message Find more posts by Eleanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 09:49 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: