Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > How bad are gas ovens?

Author
Thread
CapnCrunch
First Gear

What I drive: Vettel's #1
Posts/Day: 0.68
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Those little razors work awesome.

Vettel's #1

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2012 06:45 PM
CapnCrunch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CapnCrunch Click here to Send CapnCrunch a Private Message Find more posts by CapnCrunch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

These work the best.

http://www.vileda.ca/en/scourers/ceran/

Old Post 03-02-2012 06:48 PM
sputnik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sputnik Click here to Send sputnik a Private Message Find more posts by sputnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Third Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.43
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by blitz
Stay away from KitchenAid, horrible appliances at any price point.

....especially considering all the glass explosions which are in the news lately...

Originally posted by James Stewart
Think rationally for a second.

Old Post 03-02-2012 06:49 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
r3ccOs
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.29
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by sputnik

Induction is also an option.

Instant heat. Glass top never gets hot.

Best of both worlds.

some people i've heard cook on top of a towel so it doesn't get the stove top dirty... BUT, wth... what is the temp point of which cotton/nylon will ignite?

Old Post 03-02-2012 07:30 PM
r3ccOs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r3ccOs Click here to Send r3ccOs a Private Message Find more posts by r3ccOs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
89coupe
Third Gear

What I drive: 2007 G35s
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Induction still get hot under the cooking surface, in case you were wondering. But the topic is ovens.

I have dual ovens (electric) and they are excellent. Oh, they are the top models by KitchenAid, yep. LOL (blitz)

Old Post 03-02-2012 09:11 PM
89coupe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 89coupe Click here to Send 89coupe a Private Message Visit 89coupe's homepage! Find more posts by 89coupe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
98teg

Posts/Day: 0.00
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I have a GE profile, gas stove/oven with a warming drawer on the bottom. I love the broil feature that you get. I thought about dual fuel but they were more than what I wanted to spend. As for the glass top they can be just as much as a pain in the ass to keep clean

Old Post 03-08-2012 04:54 AM
98teg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 98teg Click here to Send 98teg a Private Message Find more posts by 98teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hakkola
Third Gear

What I drive: E320/328i
Posts/Day: 0.85

quote:

Gas is fucking awesome! I'd rock it for the pimp factor alone. And cleaning is easy, I use a gas stove 1-2 times a day and it doesn't take very long to clean at all.

Old Post 03-08-2012 05:18 AM
Hakkola is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hakkola Click here to Send Hakkola a Private Message Find more posts by Hakkola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxt
Second Gear

What I drive: 2007 Jeep SRT8 1978 440 Ramcharger
Posts/Day: 0.32

quote:

I had a gas stove in my previous house, that I switched out to an electric stove. Although I liked the instant heat of the gas, I found that because I didn't always turn on the range hood with it, the burning of gas discolored all the white painted surface in the house to a kind of a cream yellow color.

1994 T51r Kai BB Peripheral port FD

Old Post 03-08-2012 11:40 AM
Maxt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxt Click here to Send Maxt a Private Message Visit Maxt's homepage! Find more posts by Maxt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:22 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: