Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Events and Meets > Saturday Night Meets

Author
Thread
swak
Second Gear

What I drive: Bikes
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry

wednesdays on the top level of the rear parkade at chinook are the meets to go to.

drifting info will be on DW when it exists... thats about it

Is there a good group of guys up there in the winter even?
Always considered going. never have haha

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-29-2012 10:54 PM
swak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swak Click here to Send swak a Private Message Find more posts by swak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ercchry
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 73cb500k2 2012s197
Posts/Day: 1.62
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

for winter confirm by checking the events section on here before going. it happens some times but not always

Old Post 02-29-2012 10:55 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: 'Murican Muscle
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by swak

Is there a good group of guys up there in the winter even?
Always considered going. never have haha

Not really..early November was the last one afaik. It ended up being me, NRGie & Nakadah & 1 more cant remember user name!

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 02-29-2012 at 11:01 PM

Old Post 02-29-2012 10:59 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX

What I drive: EP3 & Element
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (21)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Definitely check out the Wednesday meetís at Chinook once the weather warms up. There was some pretty decent turnout last summer which was nice to see.

With Race City gone who knows what will go down on Friday nights now..... but donít bother with BS.

There are usually a couple beyond cruises up to Banff in the summer as well if thatís your thing. Also DTP is back this year which is nice and we will also be holding another illmotion show ní shine this summer as well.

Old Post 02-29-2012 11:54 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squishy
First Gear

What I drive: growls
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

We use to show up in the winter but it ended up being so cold that everyone just sat in their cars... I think it was 2010. I remember Jimmy being there, but can't remember who else.

Old Post 03-01-2012 08:14 PM
Squishy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squishy Click here to Send Squishy a Private Message Find more posts by Squishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graham_A_M
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 6 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.
Posts/Day: 1.74
Trader Rating: (39)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Davex

cars racing 4 wide on 50th, bikes on side streeds stunting, pretty girls half naked dancing in the parking lot with trunks wide open blaring songs from the recent FnF movie that was my very first night out, its never been the same, just deteriorated to the point where I haven't bothered even going to the 'tims' in over 2 years

I remember those days. Yeah the scene back then was pretty intense.
Tons of fun.... wow that was nuts. Now it may as well be a highschool playground.

A year or two before that I was 18, racing a buddy in his undefeated Supra. I beat him, and two seconds later we see the flashing lights behind us. 9 Demerits and $700 worth in fines later. 1st and very last time I ever street raced. Wow that sucked. Insurance literally doubled over night.

That was way before Secret Street so there were some retardedly fast cars at those street races.

Old Post 03-02-2012 01:40 AM
Graham_A_M is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Graham_A_M Click here to Send Graham_A_M a Private Message Find more posts by Graham_A_M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chulito

What I drive: GSXR600
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Davex
Especially somebody who wants to "document" it.

I am not really looking forward to "document" anything but rather to photoshoot and feature YYC's builds, meets and events happening. Get to know people too. Anything else is outta the scope of my lense and ears.

Old Post 03-02-2012 02:45 AM
chulito is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chulito Click here to Send chulito a Private Message Find more posts by chulito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nakadah
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13

quote:

Those summer cruises are pretty fun.

Old Post 03-02-2012 10:42 AM
Nakadah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nakadah Click here to Send Nakadah a Private Message Find more posts by Nakadah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sentry
Second Gear

What I drive: '92 EG Si, '92 Aristo, '95 DC2 GSR
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (20)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy
We use to show up in the winter but it ended up being so cold that everyone just sat in their cars... I think it was 2010. I remember Jimmy being there, but can't remember who else.

I was there once when you and Jimmy were there for a winter meet. That was right after I got my old Civic running again after it blew ring lands. I don't go much anymore now that I live like 45 minutes away.

Old Post 03-02-2012 01:17 PM
Sentry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sentry Click here to Send Sentry a Private Message Find more posts by Sentry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sillysod
First Gear

What I drive: oooo
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

I got a left of center ticket by Old Dutch there back in the calgarystreetracing.net days

haha wow, looking back sure did some retarded stuff

Old Post 03-02-2012 09:44 PM
sillysod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sillysod Click here to Send sillysod a Private Message Find more posts by sillysod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88jbody
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by sillysod
I got a left of center ticket by Old Dutch there back in the calgarystreetracing.net days

haha wow, looking back sure did some retarded stuff

yeah and loved every minute of it

rule 4: beware of bathrooms

Old Post 03-12-2012 04:55 AM
88jbody is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88jbody Click here to Send 88jbody a Private Message Find more posts by 88jbody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Davex
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by chulito

I am not really looking forward to "document" anything but rather to photoshoot and feature YYC's builds, meets and events happening. Get to know people too. Anything else is outta the scope of my lense and ears.

yeah well if you seriously pursue this, do it better than illmotion. All those guys care about are their own imports.

Old Post 03-12-2012 04:56 AM
Davex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davex Click here to Send Davex a Private Message Visit Davex's homepage! Find more posts by Davex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OriginalGoods
Banned

What I drive: EF8
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

I was towed every weekend . The old days are the best now people just stand and hold hands and drink that poop brown drink .

Old Post 03-12-2012 05:58 AM
OriginalGoods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OriginalGoods Click here to Send OriginalGoods a Private Message Visit OriginalGoods's homepage! Find more posts by OriginalGoods Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tomaz
Second Gear

What I drive: 2009 Mazda 3
Posts/Day: 0.55
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Originally posted by OriginalGoods
I was towed every weekend . The old days are the best now people just stand and hold hands and drink that poop brown drink .

Well, doing nothing is better than the rest of the BS there. Who is sleeping with who, bash-talk, small dick competitions, no respect, vandalism, drinking/driving, unsafe setups. It is the wild west now. At least 8 years ago, there was organization and people looked out for eachothers saftey and rides. Now there are Pauly D's, and Snookys all over the place.

It is a sad time for automotive enthusiats.

Old Post 03-12-2012 05:37 PM
Tomaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tomaz Click here to Send Tomaz a Private Message Find more posts by Tomaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OriginalGoods
Banned

quote:

I keep away from all the drama there people always ask me to get involved. I never do I just laugh it off .

Old Post 03-12-2012 10:48 PM
OriginalGoods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OriginalGoods Click here to Send OriginalGoods a Private Message Visit OriginalGoods's homepage! Find more posts by OriginalGoods Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OriginalGoods
Banned

quote:

TIRE SMOKE

Last edited by OriginalGoods on 03-13-2012 at 07:14 AM

Old Post 03-12-2012 10:49 PM
ka-t240sx
Neutral

What I drive: drinks gasoline
Posts/Day: 0.20

quote:

Originally posted by Tomaz

Well, doing nothing is better than the rest of the BS there. Who is sleeping with who, bash-talk, small dick competitions, no respect, vandalism, drinking/driving, unsafe setups. It is the wild west now. At least 8 years ago, there was organization and people looked out for eachothers saftey and rides. Now there are Pauly D's, and Snookys all over the place.

It is a sad time for automotive enthusiats.

i think this perfectly summs it up for the time or two i went to the timmies last year.

2007 Can-Am Outlander 650 HO

Old Post 03-12-2012 11:01 PM
ka-t240sx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ka-t240sx Click here to Send ka-t240sx a Private Message Find more posts by ka-t240sx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maxim

What I drive: e36 4-door
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I miss the good old days at the tims on 61st ave SE when it was truly an event every Saturday night
Last few years the most exciting it got was some goof breaking a bottle in the parking lot.
Will be interesting to see what happens with Race City closed....where will that crowd go?

Old Post 03-27-2012 05:11 AM
maxim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maxim Click here to Send maxim a Private Message Find more posts by maxim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:33 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: