Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > montana (whitefish/kalispell)

Author
Thread
timdog

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

montana (whitefish/kalispell) quote:

Going there this weekend to visit my wife's mom who just moved there. never been there before and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? willing to drive an hour from kalispell any direction to see anything cool. also does anyone know the best place in the area to get good american craft beer?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2012 03:44 PM
timdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timdog Click here to Send timdog a Private Message Find more posts by timdog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

picmerollin
Neutral

What I drive: nissan
Posts/Day: 0.04
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I love that area.

You can get great craft beer at many local bars in Whitefish. Yardsale ale, and Moosedrool were my two favorites - both are a dark and awesome. The Bull dog pub is notable as a good spot to drink some beers.

They also have a great Mexican joint just a few doors down from the Bull dog. If you are into slow and low BBQ - check out Piggyback. The brisket, ribs and pulled pork were sooooooo good. Last but not least: Mambo Italiano, great food.

I stayed on hill for the week around new years with 10 friends, was a great time. It is truly amazing how far your dollar will go for food & drink while down there.

Old Post 02-21-2012 07:25 PM
picmerollin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for picmerollin Click here to Send picmerollin a Private Message Find more posts by picmerollin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JfuckinC
First Gear

What I drive: CRF450R, Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

skiing is a must if you are there!!

Originally posted by nixon45
All I heard was people screaming and running to get out of the way of the fecescopter.

Old Post 02-21-2012 07:34 PM
JfuckinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JfuckinC Click here to Send JfuckinC a Private Message Find more posts by JfuckinC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timdog

What I drive:

quote:

nice, thanks for the info.

Old Post 02-21-2012 09:27 PM
timdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timdog Click here to Send timdog a Private Message Find more posts by timdog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stunt66
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

was there for this past 4th of july and my highlight was all the cheap fire works lol There's not much to do but relax, all the towns are about a 20 min drive apart so that might be something to check out. The one thing we did want to check out was some bear park just outside glacier national park. You drive your car through a park and i guess the bears roam free, we never got to see it because its closed one day a week and sure enough we were there on that day.

Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

Old Post 02-21-2012 10:51 PM
Stunt66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stunt66 Click here to Send Stunt66 a Private Message Find more posts by Stunt66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Stunt66
You drive your car through a park and i guess the bears roam free,

Bears roaming free? Crazy! We never get to see that shit up here...

Old Post 02-22-2012 06:37 AM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sallinger

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

i was there last weekend awesome pizza and beer at Moose's Saloon. located in Kalispell beer was $1.10 for around a pint of draft.. can't beat it.

Old Post 02-23-2012 03:03 AM
sallinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sallinger Click here to Send sallinger a Private Message Find more posts by sallinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phl0xed
Neutral

What I drive: 2013 Scion FR-S
Posts/Day: 0.20
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

My family owns a condo in Bigfork, and I absolutely love the area. Big Mountain (Whitefish) is typically pretty awesome skiing! However, I'm not sure what their snowfall is like now, but when I was there for New Years it was not very good. Granted, it hadn't really snowed anywhere by that point...

There's another great mountain close to Lakeside. It's called Blacktail Mountain (I believe). Hardly many people there, super cheap and great skiing/snowboarding. Also, if you're in the area at Lakeside, check out Tamarack Brewing Company. It's a micro-brewery owned by Lanny McDonald. Was there for the Canada vs. USA WJC game on New Years, the place was electric. Great food and beer! If you ever find yourself down there in the summer, definitely check out Flathead Lake. The thing is huge. Water is fairly warm and there's never anyone on it. Ideal for boating.

Cheers!

Originally posted by rage2
If I met your girlfriend, and she told me you were on vacation and I went and fucked her, you'd probably kick my ass too. That's not bullying, that's karma.

Old Post 03-02-2012 09:21 PM
Phl0xed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phl0xed Click here to Send Phl0xed a Private Message Find more posts by Phl0xed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

BLUEMOON!!!!!

Old Post 03-02-2012 10:36 PM
Dave P is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave P Click here to Send Dave P a Private Message Find more posts by Dave P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timdog

What I drive:

quote:

so i went to montana and it was pretty cool. everything is so cheap there.
the area is really nice. her mom lives south of kalispell, 5 minutes from big fork. beautiful lake nearby, and nice mountains up by Whitefish. awesome spot. I found some great beer and some actually pretty decent restaurants in Kalispell.
Definitely excited to go back in the summer.

Old Post 03-07-2012 11:29 PM
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Dave P
BLUEMOON!!!!!

Blue Moon Belgian White = Rickard's White.

That being said, Rickards doesn't have an equivalent to Harvest Pumpkin Ale, which is god damned tasty.

Old Post 03-07-2012 11:41 PM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigbadboss101
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 116%

quote:

We are going there for the long weekend. Currently shopping for a condo to rent. 5 or 6 of us for Wed to Saturday night.

Any recommendations?

Old Post 03-30-2012 04:43 AM
bigbadboss101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigbadboss101 Click here to Send bigbadboss101 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadboss101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Blue Moon Belgian White = Rickard's White.

That being said, Rickards doesn't have an equivalent to Harvest Pumpkin Ale, which is god damned tasty.

no no no

BLUEMOON!!!!

http://bluemoonmontana.com/

Old Post 03-30-2012 03:06 PM
Dave P is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave P Click here to Send Dave P a Private Message Find more posts by Dave P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 11:21 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: