Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Future Shock: 2014 Dodge Dart SRT4 - With Close to 300 Horsepower!

Author
Thread
Xtrema
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2010 Audi S4
Posts/Day: 1.67
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
184 hp is the top end?????? the f?? n

Go buy a Civic Si then.

That 1.4 turbo is interesting, has the most torque of all 3 engines.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2012 05:53 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: SN95 5.0
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

Go buy a Civic Si then.

That 1.4 turbo is interesting, has the most torque of all 3 engines.

In what crazy world is a honda civic making more power then a turbo dodge 230 hp to 285 hp to.....184 hp??? Although I've noticed they have renamed it R/T so maybe the SRT comparison is invalid

Old Post 03-01-2012 06:58 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 13 Honda Fit, 12 Honda Odyssey
Posts/Day: 0.95
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

In what crazy world is a honda civic making more power then a turbo dodge 230 hp to 285 hp to.....184 hp??? Although I've noticed they have renamed it R/T so maybe the SRT comparison is invalid

No car in this segment has more then 184 hp. The SRT version as stated right in the title will likely make around 300hp. SRT versions always come a year or two after mainstream models.

Last edited by Aleks on 03-01-2012 at 07:44 PM

Old Post 03-01-2012 07:15 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2013 WRX STI
Posts/Day: 1.59
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Go buy a Civic Si then.

On that topic now that I've seen a few on the road is it me or are the 2012 Si's considerably uglier than the outgoing Si?

Old Post 03-01-2012 07:43 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jonnycat
First Gear

What I drive: 2011 Charger AWD RT / 2009 Titan
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by heavyD

On that topic now that I've seen a few on the road is it me or are the 2012 Si's considerably uglier than the outgoing Si?

It is not you. Way Uglier.

[Do][---+---][oD]

Old Post 03-01-2012 08:07 PM
jonnycat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jonnycat Click here to Send jonnycat a Private Message Find more posts by jonnycat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Laggin' Wagon and a BRZ
Posts/Day: 2.39
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

New Civic looks terrible to me personally.

Old Post 03-01-2012 08:11 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2010 Audi S4
Posts/Day: 1.67
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

?uh

R/T != SRT

184 is from a NA 2.4L. Nothing wrong with that.

Old Post 03-01-2012 10:13 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: SN95 5.0
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

?uh

R/T != SRT

184 is from a NA 2.4L. Nothing wrong with that.

No nothing wrong with that at all. I thought for a second that they were cancelling the SRT model and replacing it with the R/T. I'm surprised they don't have the SRT 300 hp version on the website, isn't that what everyone is interested in?

Old Post 03-01-2012 10:24 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
94boosted
Second Gear

What I drive: 2010 Chevy Corvette GS Coupe, 2013 MB GLK 350
Posts/Day: 0.55
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

No nothing wrong with that at all. I thought for a second that they were cancelling the SRT model and replacing it with the R/T. I'm surprised they don't have the SRT 300 hp version on the website, isn't that what everyone is interested in?

Like Aleks said the SRT version always trails after the regular models, give it another year and the SRT will be on the website.

Old Post 03-02-2012 05:38 PM
94boosted is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 94boosted Click here to Send 94boosted a Private Message Visit 94boosted's homepage! Find more posts by 94boosted Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dino_martini
Second Gear

What I drive: not a '15 Cadillac ATS-V
Posts/Day: 0.56
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

I think the Dart looks great. I'll be interested to check it out at the autoshow next weekend. Of course I was born in the 90's so I have no attachment to the Dart nameplate

Originally posted by heavyD

I'm going to have to disagree. While I don't think the new Si is the best looking car around, I certainly don't think it is ugly. I know this is a modified civic, so its not entirely a fair comparison. But I think it looks great, especially in sedan form. In stock mode there is quite a bit of wheel/fender gap though

Old Post 03-09-2012 08:26 PM
dino_martini is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dino_martini Click here to Send dino_martini a Private Message Find more posts by dino_martini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 12:04 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: