Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread!

Author
Thread
asp integra
Second Gear

What I drive: A4 Avant 6MT
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

it can get cold in the mountains at night over the summers, if its raining at the bottom it could be snowing up top, also its a glacier, year round snow

current ski quiver:
park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-2012 03:26 AM
asp integra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asp integra Click here to Send asp integra a Private Message Find more posts by asp integra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Spoons
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Revelstoke was super tracked out, but I enjoyed the sun and warm weather.

I went with my 1 friend who I've named Ski Dick Steve. Just bitching and moaning all fucking weekend. "Why do you stop right in front of me when I'm following you on your ass?" "Why don't you hit cliffs straight on?" "I lost my pole, why didn't you watch where it went?" "I know you were coming in hot through a traverse, but why didn't you pick up my ski?"

Just unfucking believable. I go off cliffs to the side when landings are shit. I don't have anyone filming me, I don't need to blow out a knee or hurt myself because I was getting rad in shitty conditions with friends.

Top that off my birthday was on Sunday and he tells me to pick up the tab.......... Happy Birthday to me I guess.

/endrant

Current Snowboard Quiver
165 Burton Barracuda - Pow board
156 Capita Stairmaster Extreme - Park/Groomer/Bullshit board

Old Post 03-26-2012 07:04 PM
Spoons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spoons Click here to Send Spoons a Private Message Find more posts by Spoons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chester
Second Gear

What I drive: fuel efficient gas guzzler
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Great friends you have lol. If I, or any of my friends were like that, you get a nice open handed slap.

Dear Sriracha Sauce, you're the only thing with a cock on it that I want in my mouth.

Old Post 03-26-2012 08:30 PM
Chester is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chester Click here to Send Chester a Private Message Find more posts by Chester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spoons
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Originally posted by Chester
Great friends you have lol. If I, or any of my friends were like that, you get a nice open handed slap.

Luckily I have more than one. He is nicknames Ski Dick Steve for a reason.

Current Snowboard Quiver
165 Burton Barracuda - Pow board
156 Capita Stairmaster Extreme - Park/Groomer/Bullshit board

Old Post 03-27-2012 01:28 AM
Spoons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spoons Click here to Send Spoons a Private Message Find more posts by Spoons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HomespunLobster
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I think I'm going to head out tomorrow or thursday to sunshine or lake louise. All friends are working, get to board alone. Am I complaining? not really.

Old Post 03-28-2012 05:04 AM
HomespunLobster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HomespunLobster Click here to Send HomespunLobster a Private Message Find more posts by HomespunLobster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: 911 Turbo
Posts/Day: 2.00
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 125%

quote:

It's so sweet on the weekdays you can park right at the front. There's barely anyone on the hills.

Originally posted by Env-Consultant
Step 1: Become a baller.

Step 2: ______________________________

Step 3: Do not worry about the cost due to the completion of Step 1.

Old Post 03-28-2012 06:38 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyfuel
First Gear

What I drive: big diesel truck
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Spoons
Revelstoke was super tracked out, but I enjoyed the sun and warm weather.

I went with my 1 friend who I've named Ski Dick Steve. Just bitching and moaning all fucking weekend. "Why do you stop right in front of me when I'm following you on your ass?" "Why don't you hit cliffs straight on?" "I lost my pole, why didn't you watch where it went?" "I know you were coming in hot through a traverse, but why didn't you pick up my ski?"

Just unfucking believable. I go off cliffs to the side when landings are shit. I don't have anyone filming me, I don't need to blow out a knee or hurt myself because I was getting rad in shitty conditions with friends.

Top that off my birthday was on Sunday and he tells me to pick up the tab.......... Happy Birthday to me I guess.

/endrant

Fuck sounds like skiing alone ain't so bad after all

Old Post 03-28-2012 06:50 PM
heavyfuel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyfuel Click here to Send heavyfuel a Private Message Find more posts by heavyfuel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.48
Trader Rating: (40)

quote:

It isn't bad unless you can manage to wrangle a good crew together which is tough both in skillset and attitude. Skiing alone is fine, the car lift is where you talk to anyone anyways and people are always friendly.

Old Post 03-28-2012 07:16 PM
msommers is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JfuckinC
First Gear

What I drive: CRF450R, Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

haha what?! i went to revvy with like 20 people for st paddys day and it was rad, mostly the same skill level and all amazing people... you guys need new friends

Originally posted by nixon45
All I heard was people screaming and running to get out of the way of the fecescopter.

Old Post 03-28-2012 07:19 PM
JfuckinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JfuckinC Click here to Send JfuckinC a Private Message Find more posts by JfuckinC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyfuel
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by JfuckinC
haha what?! i went to revvy with like 20 people for st paddys day and it was rad, mostly the same skill level and all amazing people... you guys need new friends

I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery, that's the only reason I didn't buy a sled this winter, can't ever find people to ski/board with, and sledding alone in the backcountry is just plain stupid....

Old Post 03-28-2012 07:31 PM
heavyfuel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyfuel Click here to Send heavyfuel a Private Message Find more posts by heavyfuel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HomespunLobster
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16

quote:

Sadly I wasn't able to make it out today. I have a bad tooth, kept me up all night, and I don't have dental insurance or benefits so I should spend my money on that first.

But it is hard to find people of the same skill set. I've had friends crash keeping up with me, or too terrified to go into the trees.

Or i'm waiting (I don't mind up to a point) or running blue runs all day. I love the powder and the trees.

Old Post 03-28-2012 07:38 PM
HomespunLobster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HomespunLobster Click here to Send HomespunLobster a Private Message Find more posts by HomespunLobster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MustangSVT

What I drive: GR STI Hatch
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
But it is hard to find people of the same skill set. I've had friends crash keeping up with me, or too terrified to go into the trees.

Or i'm waiting (I don't mind up to a point) or running blue runs all day. I love the powder and the trees.

I can attest to this statement. I've been skiing for a fairly long time, and I'd like to believe I have a good number of friends, and it has been very difficulty to find anyone of the same skills or same type of skiing/snowboarding interest. My friends are terrified of going into the trees too for the most part.

That being said, I have had some luck in meeting up with others that like powder, trees, etc. on forums like here and Teton Gravity Research if any of you visit that.

Old Post 03-30-2012 03:41 PM
MustangSVT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MustangSVT Click here to Send MustangSVT a Private Message Find more posts by MustangSVT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chester
Second Gear

What I drive: fuel efficient gas guzzler
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Think I'll be hitting Louise tomorrow

Dear Sriracha Sauce, you're the only thing with a cock on it that I want in my mouth.

Old Post 03-30-2012 09:39 PM
Chester is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chester Click here to Send Chester a Private Message Find more posts by Chester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
souljer

What I drive: rusty
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

TOO LOUISE!

Old Post 03-30-2012 11:39 PM
souljer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for souljer Click here to Send souljer a Private Message Find more posts by souljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JfuckinC
First Gear

What I drive: CRF450R, Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by nixon45
All I heard was people screaming and running to get out of the way of the fecescopter.

Old Post 03-31-2012 09:29 AM
JfuckinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JfuckinC Click here to Send JfuckinC a Private Message Find more posts by JfuckinC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyfuel
First Gear

quote:

^^ Every so often our planet is blessed with such an individual. Too bad he's gone. I can't wait to see this.

Old Post 03-31-2012 02:39 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Fuck this car, Laggin Wagon, 2002 WRX
Posts/Day: 2.38
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Im heading out to Sunshine tomorrow, can't wait.

Old Post 04-01-2012 01:06 AM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
souljer

What I drive: rusty
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

went to louise yesterday, but there was traffic 25kms before lake louise, standstill, so i turned around and went to sunshine. which turn out to be an awesome day full of snow

Old Post 04-01-2012 06:47 PM
souljer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for souljer Click here to Send souljer a Private Message Find more posts by souljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freeskier
Neutral

What I drive: 1990 4runner
Posts/Day: 0.10

quote:

Woot, ordered my full tilts from the supplier today. Should have em tomorrow or the day after. Puuumped.

Old Post 04-02-2012 07:37 AM
Freeskier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freeskier Click here to Send Freeskier a Private Message Find more posts by Freeskier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
poison

What I drive: 2006 HP
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

hit up sunshine yesterday, hiked wawa in the morning..nice pow but the hike was grueling..super fun day though

Old Post 04-02-2012 04:22 PM
poison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for poison Click here to Send poison a Private Message Find more posts by poison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:57 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: