Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > 2012 Shelby 1000 (Guess what 1000 stands for)

Author
Thread
Revhard
Second Gear

What I drive: 04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

It means it's for guys that would have a mustang over anything else, no matter the performance or price.
I'm sure some car guys with collections might buy it, but I would guess these will go to guys with a stable, and this will be the ultimate Mustang. Jay Leno is likely a possibility.
I see it in many variances. Lots of guys buying only one brand due to loyalty or upbringing. I just think this model is an intelligent target at exactly those guys, who are a bit older now, and with some cash to spend on their favorite ride.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2012 09:31 PM
Revhard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Revhard Click here to Send Revhard a Private Message Find more posts by Revhard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Twenty
First Gear

What I drive: Sedans
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

I'd buy one if I could, being the Mustang fan that I am.

Blog: http://officialthreetwenty.com/

'92 Grand Prix SE sedan: 3.1L V6 / Auto
'12 Focus SE sedan: 2.0L I4 / 5-speed manual

-Bill M.

Old Post 03-28-2012 09:47 PM
Twenty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twenty Click here to Send Twenty a Private Message Find more posts by Twenty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BokCh0y
Second Gear

What I drive: GGL15, VZN110, EJ6, Type 981 S, VZN170
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (72)

quote:

The new "eleanor".

Old Post 03-28-2012 11:29 PM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beyond_ban
Second Gear

What I drive: is faster then the amber lamps
Posts/Day: 0.83
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I'd take a switzer p800 over this ANYDAY.

Old Post 03-29-2012 12:46 AM
beyond_ban is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beyond_ban Click here to Send beyond_ban a Private Message Find more posts by beyond_ban Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2010 Audi S4
Posts/Day: 1.66
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 95%

Re: 2012 Shelby 1000 (Guess what 1000 stands for) quote:

Originally posted by Cos
click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

It looks like a bad chop. Something isn't right about the wheels.

Old Post 03-29-2012 04:28 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.69
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

I'll take a Ford GT.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Old Post 03-29-2012 04:59 AM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Revhard
Second Gear

What I drive: 04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (4)

Re: Re: 2012 Shelby 1000 (Guess what 1000 stands for) quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

It looks like a bad chop. Something isn't right about the wheels.

Yeah, they look better in the video.The dished look on a modest width rim just looks silly. It almost looks like they didn't swap the tires on the video car though. Still look like 285's. I know so many gt500 guys that swap for 305/315's right away, why wouldn't Shelby I wonder?
I hope they are at least a better tire.

Old Post 03-29-2012 01:35 PM
Revhard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Revhard Click here to Send Revhard a Private Message Find more posts by Revhard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ukyo8
First Gear

What I drive: has 2 wheels
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

The new 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 is only about $66,000

Great bang for the buck IMO

650HP with warranty

Old Post 06-08-2012 05:26 PM
Ukyo8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ukyo8 Click here to Send Ukyo8 a Private Message Find more posts by Ukyo8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2010 Civic LX-S
Posts/Day: 1.83
Trader Rating: (21)

quote:

Lol $200k for that. No thanks. That is 911 Turbo territory.

I'm sure a GT500 will be 95% as fast in most scenarios and easier to live with day to day at nearly 1/4 the price. A few mods probably brings it even closer.

Old Post 06-08-2012 06:01 PM
Mitsu3000gt is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2005 Civic Special Edition
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 88%

quote:

Originally posted by soccernut
so 1000 stands for 950?

I used to love mustangs. Now I know better.

Didn't they round up the CC on the old Mustangs as well? I read something about them not being exactly 5000 when they first came out.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Old Post 06-08-2012 06:30 PM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2013 WRX STI
Posts/Day: 1.57
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Mar

Didn't they round up the CC on the old Mustangs as well? I read something about them not being exactly 5000 when they first came out.

Technically it's 4951 cc.

Old Post 06-08-2012 06:56 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disoblige
Second Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '02 EM2
Posts/Day: 0.81
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

Originally posted by Mar

This is the same with almost any car, yours as well.

Old Post 06-08-2012 07:59 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
95teetee
First Gear

What I drive: 95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by Disoblige

This is the same with almost any car, yours as well.

otherwise it would have been the Ford Mustang Boss 301.59 lol.

Old Post 06-09-2012 12:11 AM
95teetee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 95teetee Click here to Send 95teetee a Private Message Find more posts by 95teetee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nashmahallz

What I drive: 2012 WRX STi Sedan
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

lol I wouldn't even buy that for 50k let alone 200k+

Old Post 06-09-2012 12:30 AM
nashmahallz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nashmahallz Click here to Send nashmahallz a Private Message Find more posts by nashmahallz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A3GTiVR6SC
First Gear

What I drive: CT9A GSR SSL
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

Maybe @ 70K max & that's a HUGE maybe....

LOL @ all the STi talk... 1000hp reliably or even putting 200K into an STi Something about the average STi fanboy tells me they most likely own an iPhone also...

R.I.P TRISTAN QUEYRAS 1987-2013

Old Post 06-09-2012 10:34 PM
A3GTiVR6SC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A3GTiVR6SC Click here to Send A3GTiVR6SC a Private Message Find more posts by A3GTiVR6SC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toma
Second Gear

What I drive: You Crazy
Posts/Day: 0.45

quote:

Originally posted by e31
My guess is that it's called the 1000 because it blends in with the other 1000 Mustangs seen in a daily North American commute.

Definitely a sleeper, i'll give you that.

THAT is a sleeper???

Good gawd man.

That is one MEAN looking machine.

Old Post 06-11-2012 06:13 AM
Toma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toma Click here to Send Toma a Private Message Find more posts by Toma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toma
Second Gear

What I drive: You Crazy
Posts/Day: 0.45

quote:

$200k is steep, but not for that kind of power, especially if it's reliable, beefed up drivetrain etc.

There is nothing you can buy for that money that will match that brute under acceleration. And Being A Shelby, it probably carried SOME warranty

What car is there for $200k that will make 1000hp?

What car produced for that price, by anyone close to as legendary as Carrol Shelby?

Now that he is dead, had one of these hit the public, it's easily a $500,000 car right now.

It's not as shiny of a penis extension as a Lambo or Ferrari, but it is one fuck of a lot faster.

Old Post 06-11-2012 06:23 AM
Toma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toma Click here to Send Toma a Private Message Find more posts by Toma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2010 Civic LX-S
Posts/Day: 1.83
Trader Rating: (21)

quote:

Originally posted by Toma
$200k is steep, but not for that kind of power, especially if it's reliable, beefed up drivetrain etc.

There is nothing you can buy for that money that will match that brute under acceleration. And Being A Shelby, it probably carried SOME warranty

What car is there for $200k that will make 1000hp?

It's not as shiny of a penis extension as a Lambo or Ferrari, but it is one fuck of a lot faster.

You may not be able to get a car that makes 1000HP for $200k but you can probably find faster ones.

I bet a 911 Turbo S would outrun it, and I bet a lot of similarly priced exotics would beat it around the track. That is just my guess though, and I would be curious to see the actual result.

Maybe it's just me but IMO there is nothing impressive about taking a mediocre car, put insane HP in it, and selling it for the price of an exotic. I'd still like to drive one though haha, it would be fun. Just like when I rented a corvette - that was one of the largest POS's I've ever driven, and I'd never buy one, but it was a lot of fun for a week.

Old Post 06-11-2012 05:40 PM
Mitsu3000gt is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GQNammer
First Gear

What I drive: 2006 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Originally posted by heavyfuel
I'd dump that 200k into a brand new WRX STI if I had the money... Nothing like showing people what's up with no more than 4 cylinders...

Shit just got real, son.

I'd take the 200k and buy 2 GTRs! Combine those 2 bad boys and i'll have 900+ HP. Double GTR POWERRR

Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

Old Post 06-11-2012 07:45 PM
GQNammer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GQNammer Click here to Send GQNammer a Private Message Find more posts by GQNammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toster

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

1000 stands for 1000 problems and regrets the day you drive it off the lot?

Old Post 06-11-2012 08:19 PM
toster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toster Click here to Send toster a Private Message Find more posts by toster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:20 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: