Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Campus Chat > No Tuition by 2025??

Author
Thread
Toma
Second Gear

What I drive: You Crazy
Posts/Day: 0.45
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I'm all for anything that will improve the level of education in redneck stupidville Alberta.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-08-2012 08:21 PM
Toma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toma Click here to Send Toma a Private Message Find more posts by Toma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

flipstah
Fourth Gear

What I drive: stalls. Both of them.
Posts/Day: 2.12
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by Toma
I'm all for anything that will improve the level of education in redneck stupidville Alberta.

We're purdy edumacated. I seen the statistics.

Fuelly:/:Follow me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!

Old Post 04-08-2012 08:28 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Toma

But to pay for it, they'll have to increase traffic fines by 500%

Old Post 04-08-2012 08:52 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazda_maniac
First Gear

What I drive: 00 Protege
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

Shitty idea, we already do pay more through a tiered tax system. Punishing sucess is why the wealthy choose to leave.

I should be retired by around 2025, so maybe I wil do a free MBA to keep me busy.

I would be supportive of subsidizing professions we acutually need. For instance, if they were to provide doctors free tuition if they were to remain in Alberta for 10 years of service after graduation instead of moving to the states - my tax dollars would be much better served.

The tiered system is Federal. Provincially Alberta is the only province in Canada that is not tiered taxed. I do think that people that make around the 6 figure mark should not be taxed heavily for their hard work. I like your last idea, that is the type of thinking I wish our government could grasp. What those professionals pay in tax after graduating would make up for the cost of the education very quickly as well.

However it's the reduction in taxes and cuts to allow corporations to flourish that has caused the upset in resources available for public systems. I don't feel someone making 125k a year should be taxed the same as someone making 1 mil. Thats where I think the tax system is unfair. The exponential growth of the wealthiest is absolutely huge in comparison to those that are "comfortable".

The Liberals have taken a fall in integrity since the debate at the last federal election. How unrealistic can you be and expect people not to call your bluff. Jesus, free tuition? Keep dreaming. Subsidized? Thank you that would be more realistic.

Old Post 04-08-2012 10:44 PM
mazda_maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazda_maniac Click here to Send mazda_maniac a Private Message Find more posts by mazda_maniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Has armor, 35s, and 3 pedals
Posts/Day: 2.22
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 150%

quote:

Originally posted by mazda_maniac
I do think that people that make around the 6 figure mark should not be taxed heavily for their hard work.

Exactly; a lot of people who are making more than 100K are breaking into that bracket thanks to lots of overtime... that means the hardest and most taxing work they do, the stuff that actually takes them away from their family and recreational time is getting penalized the most, how do you keep people motivated when you make them earn less and less the harder they work? It is a counter-productive... literally.

Then again our entire society is all about benifiting those who work the least... so if you can't fight em', join em' - if they offer free tuition I would drop work and go back to study something instead.

Old Post 04-09-2012 07:20 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:06 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: