Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Gas prices are up SHARPLY

Author
Thread
Eleanor
Third Gear

What I drive: CBR600RR
Posts/Day: 1.09
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Meh, they'll keep going up as long as people keep buying it

That's why I work in O&G and walk to work

Originally posted by ZenOps
Hes not really that bad...

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-13-2012 02:57 PM
Eleanor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eleanor Click here to Send Eleanor a Private Message Find more posts by Eleanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Maybelater
Neutral

What I drive: Ferd Fteen Thousand
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

^LOL

My car wouldn't turn over last night and I walked home. Made me want to start riding a bike around again for the summer, It is to bad that you can't live in this town without a vehicle.

Old Post 04-13-2012 03:03 PM
Maybelater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maybelater Click here to Send Maybelater a Private Message Find more posts by Maybelater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Am bumping - look for another 6-7 cent hike tonight/tomorrow morning. Most stations in Bowness/Montgomery already at 116.9, Centex by North Hill says they are going up over night - they're currently at 109.9

Old Post 06-01-2012 02:43 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Laggin' Wagon and a BRZ
Posts/Day: 2.41
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

This is bullshit.

Old Post 06-01-2012 03:00 AM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
got_mike33

What I drive: 2006 Audi A3 2.0T
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

It's reverse long weekend price bumping. Instead of doing it two weeks before a long weekend, they now bump the prices after the long weekend to compensate.

I believe it happened all last summer too...

Oh and the 7-11 on 16th ave and 44th street NW still had gas at 109.9 when I drove by around 9 tonight.

Last edited by got_mike33 on 06-01-2012 at 05:57 AM

Old Post 06-01-2012 05:55 AM
got_mike33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for got_mike33 Click here to Send got_mike33 a Private Message Find more posts by got_mike33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DboyNismo

What I drive: 98 Nissan Altima, Planes
Posts/Day: 0.06

quote:

Frik I filled at the petrocan today in falcon ridge around 245 and I payed 116

Old Post 06-01-2012 06:35 AM
DboyNismo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DboyNismo Click here to Send DboyNismo a Private Message Find more posts by DboyNismo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jetta-2.0
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

coop paid 110

Old Post 06-01-2012 06:48 AM
Jetta-2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jetta-2.0 Click here to Send Jetta-2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jetta-2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HomespunLobster
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Went into rips pub south tonight for some drinks. pump sat at 1.09. Came out it's 1.16. ah well.

Old Post 06-01-2012 06:50 AM
HomespunLobster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HomespunLobster Click here to Send HomespunLobster a Private Message Find more posts by HomespunLobster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (46)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

As oil prices tank gas prices rise....

Old Post 06-01-2012 03:40 PM
roopi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Second Gear

What I drive: Built ZJ, GMT900
Posts/Day: 1.20
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
This is bullshit.

You have a 50L tank? So with a $0.07 price hike you pay $3.50 more.

This is why I'll never understand all the people who scream when it goes up a few cents, when in reality they pay like $4 more per full tank than before it went up.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
First dibs sniffing bras panties when dirty girls bring their cars in.

Old Post 06-01-2012 04:30 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

^^call me cheap, but $4 is $4

Old Post 06-01-2012 04:48 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.90
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB

You have a 50L tank? So with a $0.07 price hike you pay $3.50 more.

This is why I'll never understand all the people who scream when it goes up a few cents, when in reality they pay like $4 more per full tank than before it went up.

If it went up $3.50 over the course of a year, I could care less. But overnight, especially when oil prices are dropping, I have issue with that.

We pay 25% tax on gas and some of that is tax on tax. Maybe the government shouldn't be so greedy. haha

Old Post 06-01-2012 04:52 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Canmorite
Second Gear

What I drive: '07 STi
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

It's weird to see when RBOB (wholesale gasoline) has dropped like a stone over the past few weeks

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/index.h...amp;w=&v=d6

Old Post 06-01-2012 05:07 PM
Canmorite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Canmorite Click here to Send Canmorite a Private Message Find more posts by Canmorite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bspot
Second Gear

What I drive: Vulva S40 T5 AWD
Posts/Day: 0.46
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by benyl

If it went up $3.50 over the course of a year, I could care less. But overnight, especially when oil prices are dropping, I have issue with that.

Except that crude oil doesn't go into your tank, so the fact oil prices dropped today has zero to do with the gasoline you buy today.

Old Post 06-01-2012 05:18 PM
bspot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bspot Click here to Send bspot a Private Message Find more posts by bspot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isaiah
First Gear

What I drive: Audi B5 S4
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Theoretically the price of fuel is correlated to the Canadian dollar so the price spike seems even more conspicuous given that our dollar today hit its lowest value in six months.

Old Post 06-01-2012 05:25 PM
Isaiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isaiah Click here to Send Isaiah a Private Message Find more posts by Isaiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.15

quote:

Originally posted by bspot

Except that crude oil doesn't go into your tank, so the fact oil prices dropped today has zero to do with the gasoline you buy today.

but why then why do increased crude prices always translate into increased gas prices? and, during times of high crude prices you never see gas prices go down and they say "we're reducing gas prices cause it was made from crude that we bought for a cheaper price a few motnhs ago."

it's a one-way street i guess.

Old Post 06-01-2012 05:25 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isaiah
First Gear

What I drive: Audi B5 S4
Posts/Day: 0.33
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by got_mike33
It's reverse long weekend price bumping. Instead of doing it two weeks before a long weekend, they now bump the prices after the long weekend to compensate.

I believe it happened all last summer too...

Oh and the 7-11 on 16th ave and 44th street NW still had gas at 109.9 when I drove by around 9 tonight.

The price of gas has nothing whatsoever to do with whether there is a long weekend.

Old Post 06-01-2012 05:26 PM
Isaiah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isaiah Click here to Send Isaiah a Private Message Find more posts by Isaiah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero102
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Originally posted by codetrap

Oil changes for my Subaru cost me about $45 for the oil, and the filter was $7. $52 total for fully synthetic at 12k intervals.
First 100k cost $440 in oil.

The oil for my Jetta was $65, plus $9 filter at 8k intervals to maintain warranty. $96 was the usual charge to have it done at the dealershpi. If you want to stretch it out, you can, but then you're on your own for warranty.
First 100k cost $940

I don't check this thread very often so I'm a little late to this argument but....

Factory approved interval on the TDIs was 16,000km, or at least it was on my golf. After the warranty I found I could stretch it past 30,000km but my warranty did specify 16,000km between oil and filter changes. Also, I was able to get by for 5 years never paying more than $55 for oil and $6 for a filter, making the cost to 100k = $366 in oil and filter changes.

Lastly, the timing belt bits are no more expensive for the TDI as compared to a 1.8T or 2.0L

Originally posted by Vagabond142
Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Old Post 06-01-2012 06:44 PM
Zero102 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zero102 Click here to Send Zero102 a Private Message Find more posts by Zero102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
codetrap
Second Gear

What I drive: FJR1300/F150
Posts/Day: 0.42

quote:

Originally posted by Zero102

I don't check this thread very often so I'm a little late to this argument but....

First.. apples to oranges.. second, I sold that car over a year ago now lol.

https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/...TI,+Jetta+Wagon

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Last edited by codetrap on 06-01-2012 at 06:50 PM

Old Post 06-01-2012 06:48 PM
codetrap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for codetrap Click here to Send codetrap a Private Message Find more posts by codetrap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toma
Second Gear

What I drive: You Crazy
Posts/Day: 0.45

quote:

Originally posted by FixedGear

but why then why do increased crude prices always translate into increased gas prices? and, during times of high crude prices you never see gas prices go down and they say "we're reducing gas prices cause it was made from crude that we bought for a cheaper price a few motnhs ago."

it's a one-way street i guess.

LOL, cause they are fucking crooks running a collusional monopoly.

Oil goes up, gas prices goes up. Oil goes down, oops! refinery shortage, gas prices go up.

LOL. Bush farts, gas prices go up...

Old Post 06-01-2012 07:15 PM
Toma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toma Click here to Send Toma a Private Message Find more posts by Toma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 01:31 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: