Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Pulled Pork Recipes

Author
Thread
Spoons
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I slow roast a pork roast in a crock pot. I then take the roast and shred it and then divide it into portions. If I make a big one I freeze some of the portions.

I save the juices and what not from the slow roast and mix BBQ sauce with it (home made, store bought, don't matter to me). I usually do about 1/4 bbq sauce. When it comes time to prepare my pulled pork, I throw a portion or 2 into the sauce pan, pour some of the liquid and let it reduce. At the very end when it is near done I throw some BBQ sauce and mix it in and cook it for a little bit longer.

Portions and frozen allow you to cook a bigger roast (which in my books seems to cook better) and you can have a snack whenever.

Current Snowboard Quiver
165 Burton Barracuda - Pow board
156 Capita Stairmaster Extreme - Park/Groomer/Bullshit board

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2012 06:55 PM
Spoons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spoons Click here to Send Spoons a Private Message Find more posts by Spoons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

dino_martini
Second Gear

What I drive: not a '15 Cadillac ATS-V
Posts/Day: 0.56
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Hey, pulled pork newbie here.

I bought a Pork Loin Shoulder half from Co-op, and I'm planning to do pulled pork for a couple people I have coming over on Saturday. I do not have a smoker, or a decent enough grill to do the smoked version unfortunately. Now I have a few questions,

#1 - should I 'brine' my pork? I have lots of time before the party, so would that help to keep my pork nice and moist? Or will the bbq sauce do that for me?
#2 - should I bother to concoct a rub and put it on my pork? I will be doing this with a slow cooker so I'm not sure if a rub works with that.
#3 - should I sear my roast on all sides before putting it in the slow cooker, or just toss it in as is and let the slow cooker do its thing?

Old Post 04-17-2012 04:41 PM
dino_martini is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dino_martini Click here to Send dino_martini a Private Message Find more posts by dino_martini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nonofyobiz

What I drive: '03 Mitsu Lancer OZ
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I haven't done this before but instead of brine maybe just inject some seasoning into it before you throw it in. also when smoking the common practice is to bring the internal temp up to 200 deg F,

Old Post 04-17-2012 07:14 PM
nonofyobiz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nonofyobiz Click here to Send nonofyobiz a Private Message Find more posts by nonofyobiz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

^^ I don't brine or sear.

This is the rub I've been using and it's awesome.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...cipe/index.html

Old Post 04-19-2012 06:21 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Visit phreezee's homepage! Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:35 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: