Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Campus Chat > SAIT Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma?

Author
Thread
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by silent

You seriously need a 3.8+ from outside programs? Jesus, it's a 2.4 if you're Priority 1...

Yup U of C along with many universities butt fucks you if you try to switch programs. Haskayne is super easy to get into out of high school. But inside Uni I believe you need over 3.6 to transfer into it? (I know it changes every year)

The undergrad office has a system of GPA deduction based upon the program you came from and amount of courses you took.

I know when I looked into going from U of C to U of A (Engg issues) they required you to be enrolled in 10 courses the previous year. Otherwise each course under 10 resulted in a 0.5GPA reduction IIRC

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2012 02:46 PM
colinxx235 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

when I transferred from mount royal into schulich i had a .5 gpa deduction because I didn't take 10 classes. im not sure if it's .5 per class short though

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Old Post 04-20-2012 03:20 PM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
silent

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by colinxx235

Yup U of C along with many universities butt fucks you if you try to switch programs. Haskayne is super easy to get into out of high school. But inside Uni I believe you need over 3.6 to transfer into it? (I know it changes every year)

The undergrad office has a system of GPA deduction based upon the program you came from and amount of courses you took.

I know when I looked into going from U of C to U of A (Engg issues) they required you to be enrolled in 10 courses the previous year. Otherwise each course under 10 resulted in a 0.5GPA reduction IIRC

I had that problem too. Finish a degree from UofA, take 10 courses (8 are first/second year engineering courses), finish with a 3.5 GPA and get told "oh sorry, we didn't take any transfer students this year" while kids from high school are getting in with high 70s/low 80s. Thankfully Schulich accepted me before the application deadline even closed.

I hate how much they punish you if you don't enter the program directly out of high school.

Old Post 04-20-2012 08:10 PM
silent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for silent Click here to Send silent a Private Message Find more posts by silent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 09:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: