Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread!

Author
Thread
Freeskier
Neutral

What I drive: 1990 4runner
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by asp integra

actually they dont get any gear ahead of time, atleast they didnt wen i was down there skiing for a summer 3 years ago. all the gear was stuff i had seen here all winter season and thats all they had a full season late, and its all super expensive.

I confirmed today at work. We get skis, boards and certain sizes of boots a season ahead. It's pretty weird. We're getting the 2013 seth morrison full tilt in a 26.5-28.5 and the 2012 in a 29.5. The Salomons were all 2012s, but the Dalbello's we're getting are all gonna be 2013s I guess. All outerwear/goggles/helmets etc are half a season behind NA.

I ordered the 2013 Opus and the 2013 AK JJ today and I'll just pick between them when they get here.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-10-2012 10:38 AM
Freeskier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freeskier Click here to Send Freeskier a Private Message Find more posts by Freeskier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

asp integra
Second Gear

What I drive: A4 Avant 6MT
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

hmm they must have changed the distribution in the last few years then. I always through it was strange because the NZ park scene is always the kick off/pre cursor to the start of skiing in NA.

Its interesting that K2 stuff is coming out though because they always used to do mid season releases (jan/feb) of their next years gear where as all the other companies used to wait till the end of summer/fall to release all their stuff to the shops

current ski quiver:
park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Old Post 04-11-2012 12:17 AM
asp integra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asp integra Click here to Send asp integra a Private Message Find more posts by asp integra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Affinityion

What I drive: 05' Accord LX-V6
Posts/Day: 0.00
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Sort of a plug for Louise, but they just released this video on their facebook account. Pretty sweet deal to me, just need to make 2 trips out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcwi...eature=youtu.be

Old Post 04-14-2012 06:18 PM
Affinityion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Affinityion Click here to Send Affinityion a Private Message Find more posts by Affinityion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Second Gear

What I drive: 2012 F150 EcoBoost
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (17)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Dropped by Louise on Friday. The snow report said 26 cm overnight, and I believe it at the top, unfortunately, at the bottom of the hill that was all rain. for the morning Paradise, Top of the World were shut down for avi control.
The hill was an odd mix of rainy slush, wet fresh snow. hard icy crust and a couple of unexplained pockets of dry powder. For a guy whose technique is as bad as mine, ti was nearly unskiable. Still, had a good time and it beat the hell out of working.

Originally posted by chathamf
I hate you all.

Old Post 04-15-2012 01:31 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Laggin' Wagon and a BRZ
Posts/Day: 2.39
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Sunshine wasnt too bad yesterday, snow and sun, shoulder was great.

Old Post 04-15-2012 07:21 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spoons
First Gear

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Been hiking lots this spring, never done it before now but damn is it fun.

Went last weekend to Bow Summit with snow shoes and got some awesome turns in. Went to K-Country today and rented a split board, but the snow was less than stellar. Warm weather and not has taken its toll.

Current Snowboard Quiver
165 Burton Barracuda - Pow board
156 Capita Stairmaster Extreme - Park/Groomer/Bullshit board

Old Post 04-16-2012 05:44 AM
Spoons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spoons Click here to Send Spoons a Private Message Find more posts by Spoons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freeskier
Neutral

quote:

k2 and Line skis just came in today. The opus is sick! Looks like it could be the one I'll end up with, gotta wait on the AK JJ now but pretty impressed with the dimensions an stiffness on the Opus.

Spoons and Asp Integra were bang on with the k2 prediction. The Pettitor is a noodle. Not too bad right underfoot, but the tips are super flexy. Almost too soft, I'm gonna have to see what people say about them further into the season. Definitely wouldn't be able to use them myself. They also have an insane amount of rocker at both the tip and tail. Look good though, and seem to be a good option for lighter skiers.

Old Post 04-17-2012 01:42 PM
Freeskier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freeskier Click here to Send Freeskier a Private Message Find more posts by Freeskier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spoons
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Freeskier
k2 and Line skis just came in today. The opus is sick! Looks like it could be the one I'll end up with, gotta wait on the AK JJ now but pretty impressed with the dimensions an stiffness on the Opus.

Spoons and Asp Integra were bang on with the k2 prediction. The Pettitor is a noodle. Not too bad right underfoot, but the tips are super flexy. Almost too soft, I'm gonna have to see what people say about them further into the season. Definitely wouldn't be able to use them myself. They also have an insane amount of rocker at both the tip and tail. Look good though, and seem to be a good option for lighter skiers.

Not so much lighter skiers, just skiers who want a more playful ski. Thing is with you at your weight, they will be too playful.

Current Snowboard Quiver

Old Post 04-18-2012 01:26 AM
Spoons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spoons Click here to Send Spoons a Private Message Find more posts by Spoons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freeskier
Neutral

quote:

Haha yeah I meant lighter than me. I used to ride the seth pistol and this flex seems to have gone back to that ultra soft powder stick. No doubt a really sweet backcountry jibber, but at my size I'd bend it in half on any landing.

Old Post 04-18-2012 12:24 PM
Spoons
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Freeskier
Haha yeah I meant lighter than me. I used to ride the seth pistol and this flex seems to have gone back to that ultra soft powder stick. No doubt a really sweet backcountry jibber, but at my size I'd bend it in half on any landing.

Oh with out a doubt hahaha. Look at Sean Pettit too... not too big of a kid.

Current Snowboard Quiver

Old Post 04-18-2012 03:50 PM
asp integra
Second Gear

quote:

was at louise today, super warm and soft but alot of fun. the jumps got really slushy/soft but still alot of fun

current ski quiver:

Old Post 04-23-2012 05:31 AM
asp integra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asp integra Click here to Send asp integra a Private Message Find more posts by asp integra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
asp integra
Second Gear

quote:

kinda getting to the end of the season here but still some good riding to be had. was at louise again today, i love doing laps in that park, so many good hits. also threw my first cork 7 today and rode away like a thug! lol. it was good to get that trick out of the way!

current ski quiver:

Old Post 04-30-2012 05:30 AM
boarderfatty
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
User Rating: 88%

quote:

Rode sunshine today and remembered why I haven't bothered going there in the last 5 years. Ice and mougles in the morning, then covered in slush in the afternoon. I think I left at around 12:30

Old Post 04-30-2012 05:43 AM
boarderfatty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boarderfatty Click here to Send boarderfatty a Private Message Find more posts by boarderfatty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lasimmon

What I drive: 2 Planks
Posts/Day: 0.06

quote:

Anyone hear about the idiots who hiked wawa without any gear and the only thing that saved them is a cell phone?

Old Post 05-02-2012 02:55 PM
lasimmon is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04

quote:

Originally posted by lasimmon
Anyone hear about the idiots who hiked wawa without any gear and the only thing that saved them is a cell phone?

Isn't that roughly 75% of the people back there?

Old Post 05-02-2012 09:49 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spoons
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Isn't that roughly 75% of the people back there?

Yeah that is everyone.

Honestly if I didn't have my gear I would still hike it. Doesn't really slide all that often. That isn't saying I would purposely leave my gear at home knowing I was hiking there.

Current Snowboard Quiver

Old Post 05-02-2012 11:27 PM
Freeskier
Neutral

quote:

http://vimeo.com/40878018

notg sure how to embed from vimeo, but hot damn this guy has style. Just updated my trick list for the season so include some of these hits.

Old Post 05-02-2012 11:53 PM
asp integra
Second Gear

quote:

delorme kills it! so much style and so much different than the average park skier

current ski quiver:

Old Post 05-04-2012 12:49 AM
lasimmon

What I drive: 2 Planks
Posts/Day: 0.06

quote:

Originally posted by Spoons

Yeah that is everyone.

Honestly if I didn't have my gear I would still hike it. Doesn't really slide all that often. That isn't saying I would purposely leave my gear at home knowing I was hiking there.

The 2 guys cliffed out, avi peeps had to detonate 2 charges below them. Then had to skin in at night time because that was the only time it was stable enough.

Shoulda let em figure their own way out.

Old Post 05-04-2012 01:08 AM
lasimmon is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04

quote:

Originally posted by lasimmon

The 2 guys cliffed out, avi peeps had to detonate 2 charges below them. Then had to skin in at night time because that was the only time it was stable enough.

Shoulda let em figure their own way out.

Make the news? Who did the search and rescue? Banff Park Wardens?

Old Post 05-04-2012 05:46 AM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 01:08 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: