Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Motorsports > bahrain f1

Author
Thread
rob the knob
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

bahrain f1 quote:

big riots in country this weekend, deaths.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...rain-grand-prix

anyone bet or play f1toto?

very difficult season, and this race.

is red bull back?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-2012 06:38 AM
rob the knob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob the knob Click here to Send rob the knob a Private Message Find more posts by rob the knob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rage2

What I drive: C63 Black Series, CLS Winter Beater
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Red bull is not back. We'll see in 2 hrs if that's true hahaha.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-22-2012 12:31 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Guess I was wrong.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-22-2012 02:43 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny Meehan
Neutral

Posts/Day: 0.11
User Rating: 100%

quote:

no champagne at the end

Old Post 04-22-2012 02:53 PM
Danny Meehan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Meehan Click here to Send Danny Meehan a Private Message Find more posts by Danny Meehan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buh_buh
Mr. Beyond

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.68
Trader Rating: (37)

quote:

Nice to hear the ole Kimi press conference. Everything said in one breath without taking a break.

Was kind of expecting a RBR win, but was hoping for a good Hamilton start to overtake in turn 1. What happened to Button the second half? I was expecting at least a 5th place finish, but didn't see how he ended up behind Rosberg and Di Resta before he had his puncture and failed diff. I blame the tsn commercials.

Old Post 04-22-2012 05:43 PM
buh_buh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buh_buh Click here to Send buh_buh a Private Message Find more posts by buh_buh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.44
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

That was frustrating. Good on Kimi, wish he won, but godamnit McLaren couldn't catch a break.

Old Post 04-22-2012 05:43 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cos
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 3 Fords, One NA, One S/C, One Turbo'd
Posts/Day: 2.31
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

Good race. TSN coverage was shit. Made me mad. A couple really poorly timed commercials

Anyone else notice that they put the wrong flag up for grosjean? Was really strange as it had black on it.

Originally posted by codetrap
Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but you can't fix stupid.

Old Post 04-22-2012 06:07 PM
Cos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cos Click here to Send Cos a Private Message Find more posts by Cos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

McLaren's pace was brutal, both Button and Hamilton's tires dropped off well before the others. They tried to stretch their stints a lap or 2 after the "cliff" and was overtaken by others coming out.

Hamilton's stops were 7s, 7s, and 2s slower than average, which made things even worse.

Old Post 04-22-2012 07:29 PM
ga16i
First Gear

What I drive: '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

go Raikonnen!

Old Post 04-23-2012 03:00 AM
ga16i is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ga16i Click here to Send ga16i a Private Message Find more posts by ga16i Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btimbit
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Jenson Button seems to be lacking that consistency he usually has. 2 podiums, but 2 no point races. Disappointing.

Great for Kimi though, great to see him up there. Lotus ahead of Mercedes and Ferrari in the constructors, which makes me very happy to see.

Old Post 04-23-2012 06:08 AM
btimbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btimbit Click here to Send btimbit a Private Message Find more posts by btimbit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Inzane
First Gear

What I drive: 09 E90 LCI 335i, 93 300ZXTT, 13 CX-9 GT
Posts/Day: 0.27

quote:

Originally posted by ga16i
go Raikonnen!

Old Post 04-23-2012 06:15 AM
Inzane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Inzane Click here to Send Inzane a Private Message Find more posts by Inzane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cos
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by btimbit
Jenson Button seems to be lacking that consistency he usually has. 2 podiums, but 2 no point races. Disappointing.

Pretty sure that his DNF today was due to his cracked exhaust. If it wasnt that bad they would have let him finish out the last lap to at least potentially get a couple points. Since they pulled him on the last lap that leads me to believe that had they not stopped him they would be using a new engine/tranny next race.

Old Post 04-23-2012 01:51 PM
Cos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cos Click here to Send Cos a Private Message Find more posts by Cos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chongkee_
Neutral

What I drive: golfR
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Originally posted by Cos

Pretty sure that his DNF today was due to his cracked exhaust. If it wasnt that bad they would have let him finish out the last lap to at least potentially get a couple points. Since they pulled him on the last lap that leads me to believe that had they not stopped him they would be using a new engine/tranny next race.

Pretty sure Button did have a gearbox issue, hence the DNF. It was Rosberg who had a cracked exhaust.

Old Post 04-23-2012 01:56 PM
chongkee_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chongkee_ Click here to Send chongkee_ a Private Message Find more posts by chongkee_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Button had 3 problems. Cracked exhaust, puncture (from exhaust flowing over tires), and finally, the diff which caused the retirement.

Old Post 04-23-2012 02:16 PM
Mibz

What I drive:

quote:

Yeah, Button rolled into the pit in 7th gear.

Old Post 04-23-2012 02:44 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cycosis
Second Gear

What I drive: 2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
Guess I was wrong.

This will finally shut up those McLaren fanboys who think Hammy and Button are invincible. Hhaha

Jk, but you ripped on me last week. Good win for Vettel. Im stoked to see how tight the grid is this year. Excellent performance from Lotus. Its alot more enjoyable when no one is dominating.

1968 Impala: Status: Stored for restoration
1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Status: Rebuilt, Stored
1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Status: Sold
2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Status: Stored

Old Post 04-23-2012 05:32 PM
cycosis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cycosis Click here to Send cycosis a Private Message Find more posts by cycosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by cycosis
Its alot more enjoyable when no one is dominating.

It's more exciting, no doubt. Far more emotional for sure. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy seeing my team dominate :P Good racing can happen for 3rd place.

Seriously though, I hope this keeps up. Win or lose, there's been some good racing so far and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Old Post 04-23-2012 05:40 PM
Cos
Fourth Gear

quote:

I have really been shocked by how enjoyable the last two races have been. Usually I watch the first 3/4 laps, zone out, and wake back up at the last 10 or so unless the announcers point something crazy out. These last two I have been sitting there and barely drinking my coffee.

Even the wife is getting into it.

Old Post 04-23-2012 05:46 PM
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by cycosis
This will finally shut up those McLaren fanboys who think Hammy and Button are invincible. Hhaha

haha they'll never be invincible as long as there's no #1. I think this year, with McLaren having a strong car, they will lose both championships because of no clear #1 driver (each one taking points off each other), and their brutal strategies. It's the same year after year with Whitmarsh behind the bench.

I mean come on, Alonso in that tank of a Ferrari is only 6 points back from Hamilton and tied with Button! Damn car's a second off the pace!

Old Post 04-23-2012 05:54 PM
btimbit
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.70
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by Cos

Ah you're right. I missed the last half of the race

Old Post 04-23-2012 06:32 PM
btimbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btimbit Click here to Send btimbit a Private Message Find more posts by btimbit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:50 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: