Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Scion FR-S Concept

Author
Thread
Klobi-1-Kinobi
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Depending on price I'd probably buy this over a V6 Mustang right now. Maybe it was the 200lb salesman that was in the car with me, but the Mustang just wasn't as fun to zip around in.

Did the mustang you test drove have the performance package? The difference is pretty big.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-24-2012 12:12 AM
Klobi-1-Kinobi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Klobi-1-Kinobi Click here to Send Klobi-1-Kinobi a Private Message Find more posts by Klobi-1-Kinobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.44
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know. I just read up on what it has and you're right, I imagine it would make quite a difference. Maybe I'll go drive another one and make sure it's got the right options.

In hilarious news, I gave the Hyundai salesman 4 pricing scenarios that I wanted quotes on, he wrote them down and said he'd e-mail me. He sent me 1 scenario and it wasn't one we talked about. So I get an automated e-mail from the Sales Manager hoping I had a good experience. I try to reply to it detailing what happened but the reply-to address is incorrect and it bounces.

Hyundai Gallery needs to get their shit together, what a joke.

Old Post 04-24-2012 05:47 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 73cb500k2 2012s197
Posts/Day: 1.62
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

if it had aluminum on the dash, it was probably the performance pack one.

the problem with the mustang is its so damn quiet that you dont realize how quick it is

also the base is a boat in the corners. its sprung too lightly. $300 h&r ss springs and its a completely different animal in the corners. its a blast to drive still after almost a year and i normally get bored QUICK...

Old Post 04-24-2012 09:16 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhystar
Neutral

What I drive: has darth kitty
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 89%

quote:

kindddda is relevant.... not... but kinda

BRZ info, pricing, packages, whatnot

Old Post 04-26-2012 04:42 AM
Rhystar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhystar Click here to Send Rhystar a Private Message Find more posts by Rhystar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Khyron
Second Gear

What I drive: 13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (52)
User Rating: 105%

quote:

My favorite comment so far (blitz of stellar reviews today)

K, this is all come down to. You haven't driven this car yet from the all the comments I read. Nakamura-san (Toyota rep from Japan) stated this to me

"If you look just the number for this car, it's nothing special. We can explain to media for an hr and they would not get how great this car really is. So we gave up talking and give them the keys and let the car talk to them. After they drive the car, most of them don't have any words to explain it."

I gonna say the same thing. Drive this car. I don't care FRS or BRZ. See if this car really is gutless. So called "need more power." After you test drive this car and you still think it needs turbo, supercharger, NOS, dynamite, go for it.

Old Post 04-26-2012 06:12 AM
Khyron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Khyron Click here to Send Khyron a Private Message Find more posts by Khyron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kardon
First Gear

What I drive: UCF20 | AE86
Posts/Day: 0.43

quote:

I like the vert

Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

Old Post 04-29-2012 07:25 AM
Kardon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kardon Click here to Send Kardon a Private Message Find more posts by Kardon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K3RMiTdot
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.96
Trader Rating: (43)

quote:

iffy bout the vert..

Old Post 04-29-2012 06:13 PM
K3RMiTdot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K3RMiTdot Click here to Send K3RMiTdot a Private Message Find more posts by K3RMiTdot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2013 WRX STI
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

They are in the city! I saw a blue FR-S today in the NW by Beacon Hill. It had dealer plates and I assume came from Charlesglen Toyota.

Old Post 05-01-2012 02:08 AM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhystar
Neutral

What I drive: has darth kitty
Posts/Day: 0.09
User Rating: 89%

quote:

wow... thats wayy early

Old Post 05-01-2012 02:19 AM
Rhystar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhystar Click here to Send Rhystar a Private Message Find more posts by Rhystar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2010 Audi S4
Posts/Day: 1.70
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Kardon
I like the vert

Like the other chop better. But no way this will be a 4 seater if they go topless.

Old Post 05-01-2012 04:19 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Godfuader
First Gear

What I drive: Subway / Rav4
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

Originally posted by Godfuader
The knobs and stereo felt outdated and boring as heck. No push start, no navi, no aux plug-in...no ounce of creature comforts that should come with the most basic of new cars.

The boring interior on the FRS I was talking about. I think it is the head unit that bugs me the most

Comparing the two:

BRZ interior wide. Looks great IMO.

Some more shots of the FRS and BRZ from the show
FRS

BRZ

Toyobaru lovechild

Rest of the 2012 New York Auto Show
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread....threadid=351839

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

Old Post 05-01-2012 04:35 AM
Godfuader is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Godfuader Click here to Send Godfuader a Private Message Find more posts by Godfuader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Khyron
Second Gear

quote:

The Scion has USB/aux in, it does bluetooth phone and music streaming, and it can be replaced with any other double din radio. Not sure what the issue is, or what creature comforts you're missing...

Another review pointing out that 1+1 can equal 3.

Old Post 05-01-2012 04:04 PM
Khyron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Khyron Click here to Send Khyron a Private Message Find more posts by Khyron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Khyron
The Scion has USB/aux in, it does bluetooth phone and music streaming, and it can be replaced with any other double din radio. Not sure what the issue is, or what creature comforts you're missing...

Another review pointing out that 1+1 can equal 3.

I think he's pointing out more that the deck is straight out of the 1990's Pioneer catalog. Even the deck in the BRZ is based on an 6 year old Pioneer NAV unit. This is kind of to be expected though as Subaru fails hard at car audio and NAV.

Old Post 05-01-2012 06:52 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dangleberries
Banned

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Khyron
Not sure what the issue is, or what creature comforts you're missing...

i thought he was pretty clear. interior looks like a 90s cars. its sposed to be a tribute to the 80s car, not look like it was designed in the 80s. shit looks dated yo.

Old Post 05-01-2012 07:14 PM
dangleberries is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dangleberries Click here to Send dangleberries a Private Message Find more posts by dangleberries Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phl0xed
Neutral

What I drive: 2013 Scion FR-S
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by heavyD
They are in the city! I saw a blue FR-S today in the NW by Beacon Hill. It had dealer plates and I assume came from Charlesglen Toyota.

I'm sure we'll start to see a few soon. The "First 86" program (I believe it was USA only? Correct me if I'm wrong) start to get their cars starting today, I believe. After that, the car will go on sale. (Beginning of June.) The cars started to arrive in Port of Los Angeles and other destinations last week. Dealerships aren't supposed to be displaying or selling them before the "First 86" program wraps up. Which, IIRC, is a week or so from now.

Here's to hoping that whomever's car that was that you saw driving around is okay with a bunch of miles on it already! And for the sake of any FR-S/BRZ pre-order owners, let's hope that it wasn't a sold vehicle.

Old Post 05-01-2012 07:47 PM
Phl0xed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phl0xed Click here to Send Phl0xed a Private Message Find more posts by Phl0xed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Phl0xed
Here's to hoping that whomever's car that was that you saw driving around is okay with a bunch of miles on it already! And for the sake of any FR-S/BRZ pre-order owners, let's hope that it wasn't a sold vehicle.

It probably was. I ordered and waited for over 3 months for my Mustang and my dealer (Universal Ford) salesman kindly drive it for two days after it was delivered putting 120 km's on it. Dealership salesmen are scumbags. The car still had the plastic on the hood so I assume it was recently delivered.

Old Post 05-01-2012 07:51 PM
Khyron
Second Gear

quote:

The dealers are getting test mules, but only for 1-2 days before the cars move on. Ordered cars shouldn't be here until the end of May, early June at earliest. Even the US guys that won the first 86 contest don't have theirs yet.

Problem is I think all the testers are autos.

Old Post 05-01-2012 08:41 PM
Errol.
First Gear

What I drive: AP1 ad CL9
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

Dealerships are getting vehicles for customers to look, see and test drive. The scion dealership called me today and booked me in Thursday to take one out.
The BRZ is starting to grow on me more than the FRS now though.

Old Post 05-01-2012 11:47 PM
Errol. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Errol. Click here to Send Errol. a Private Message Visit Errol.'s homepage! Find more posts by Errol. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phl0xed
Neutral

What I drive: 2013 Scion FR-S
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by heavyD

It probably was. I ordered and waited for over 3 months for my Mustang and my dealer (Universal Ford) salesman kindly drive it for two days after it was delivered putting 120 km's on it. Dealership salesmen are scumbags. The car still had the plastic on the hood so I assume it was recently delivered.

Ah, man. That's horrible. I always tell the dealers not to even take my plastic off. I'll take it for detailing myself. Just don't trust them. Granted, I don't really have much experience with any dealerships here in Calgary yet..

Originally posted by Errol.

Dealerships are getting vehicles for customers to look, see and test drive. The scion dealership called me today and booked me in Thursday to take one out.
The BRZ is starting to grow on me more than the FRS now though.

Well that makes me feel a bit better. I don't blame you, the BRZ--in my opinion--is a much more polished looking vehicle. I've always got the feeling that FR-S just looks cheaper. Each time I've seen them in person, I've gotten the same impression. The BRZ interior is much nicer too. The way that the pricing is set, I can't ever see myself leaning towards the FR-S. Then again, I plan on sitting back and waiting to see what comes out of Japan for Subaru's next "higher powered" trim. I have a feeling that once the supply is there, the price on these vehicles will drop a bit. Couple of years and there will be plenty in the used market to pick up for a decent price for a project car too. Though I must say, I'm most excited to test drive one of these.

Old Post 05-02-2012 03:11 AM
Phl0xed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phl0xed Click here to Send Phl0xed a Private Message Find more posts by Phl0xed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Errol.
First Gear

What I drive: AP1 ad CL9
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

Well just took one out today. Pretty disappointed with the power. Handling is great. Steering feels nice and predictable. Interior is average. The one i drove had the upgraded headunit and worked okay. Back seats are small but useable if you have to fit someone under 5'6" and a short person up front also. Still can't get over the power though. 200hp and felt slower than a civic si or a vw gti. If they decide to bring out a turbo version with more power this is a car i'd be interested in purchasing.

Old Post 05-03-2012 10:33 PM
Errol. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Errol. Click here to Send Errol. a Private Message Visit Errol.'s homepage! Find more posts by Errol. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:32 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: