Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > The Gun Thread

Author
Thread
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 1.04
Trader Rating: (121)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

.38 spl/.357 mag

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2012 04:02 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Go4Long
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 2010 EVO X, 2011 Outlander
Posts/Day: 1.07
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Nice nice, there was a guy shooting a 460 revolver at CSC the other day, that thing packed an insane amount of punch. It shot a 6 foot fireball every time he pulled the trigger and I was shooting 4 lanes over and could feel it in my chest...I want one :-P

Originally posted by HeavyD
you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Old Post 04-25-2012 04:20 PM
Go4Long is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Go4Long Click here to Send Go4Long a Private Message Visit Go4Long's homepage! Find more posts by Go4Long Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Supa Dexta
Third Gear

What I drive: Farm Tractors
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Tomaz
You bastard! I want one lol

Very good choice BTW.

A Wather P22 Target has been added to the collection.

where'd ya pick that up from?

Old Post 04-25-2012 10:00 PM
Supa Dexta is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Supa Dexta Click here to Send Supa Dexta a Private Message Find more posts by Supa Dexta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Go4Long
Fourth Gear

quote:

hittin up CSC around 7 again tonight.

Old Post 04-25-2012 10:05 PM
Go4Long is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Go4Long Click here to Send Go4Long a Private Message Visit Go4Long's homepage! Find more posts by Go4Long Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
interlude
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Is anybody signed up for the tactical pistol training this weekend at CSC?

Old Post 04-26-2012 07:26 AM
interlude is offline Click Here to See the Profile for interlude Click here to Send interlude a Private Message Find more posts by interlude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Go4Long
Fourth Gear

quote:

haven't been able to go in a while now...
bought some surplus for the 308, we'll see how she goes. also bought some of the Hornady Zombie Ammo in 308 just to put in the safe for fun.

Old Post 05-12-2012 05:59 PM
Hamann
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

My new Shotgun arrived at the beginning of the week, decided to go with a Remington Express 870 and see how I like that for shooting Clays

Old Post 06-21-2012 03:12 AM
Hamann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hamann Click here to Send Hamann a Private Message Find more posts by Hamann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.46
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

^Is that a lefty?

I've been shooting clays with my dad's old Wingmaster 870 (left handed) and its been a blast. Even though I'm a righty. haha

Old Post 06-21-2012 05:05 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tomaz
Second Gear

What I drive: 2009 Mazda 3
Posts/Day: 0.52
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Nice shotty!

There is a large shoot going on this weekend in Troshu. Pistols, rimfire, shotty, and long range!

Anybody going to this? I cant wait to play "handgun golf"!

Old Post 06-21-2012 05:24 PM
Tomaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tomaz Click here to Send Tomaz a Private Message Find more posts by Tomaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hamann
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair
^Is that a lefty?

I've been shooting clays with my dad's old Wingmaster 870 (left handed) and its been a blast. Even though I'm a righty. haha

Yep, for the extra $20 I figured I would make my life easier and buy a lefty. All my other rifles are right handed and I shoot left. Up until now I've been using an old right handed bolt action 12ga for clays, so hopefully this works better lol

Originally posted by Tomaz
Nice shotty!

There is a large shoot going on this weekend in Troshu. Pistols, rimfire, shotty, and long range!

Anybody going to this? I cant wait to play "handgun golf"!

Thanks

I didn't know there was anything going on this weekend. You have any more info on it?

Old Post 06-21-2012 11:37 PM
Hamann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hamann Click here to Send Hamann a Private Message Find more posts by Hamann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zephyr

What I drive: 09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

Nice shotgun Hamann!

Picked this guy up on Tuesday, Remington 870 express tactical. This is going to be my home defense tool since my AR15 really isn't practical for home defense. Put a Mesa Tactical saddle on it for extra reloads.

Old Post 06-22-2012 08:08 AM
Zephyr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zephyr Click here to Send Zephyr a Private Message Visit Zephyr's homepage! Find more posts by Zephyr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GREENBOY

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Given there are literally next to no cases of aggressive home invasions involving anyone other than criminals targeting other criminals over debts, arguments, BS etc, why do people feel the need to have a firearm to protect their home? What are you expecting to justify a shotty under the bed?

Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old Post 06-22-2012 11:10 PM
GREENBOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GREENBOY Click here to Send GREENBOY a Private Message Find more posts by GREENBOY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zephyr

What I drive: 09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

Originally posted by GREENBOY
Given there are literally next to no cases of aggressive home invasions involving anyone other than criminals targeting other criminals over debts, arguments, BS etc, why do people feel the need to have a firearm to protect their home? What are you expecting to justify a shotty under the bed?

I live in a quiet neighborhood comprised of mostly middle class and there's a few areas of upper class. Recently criminals have been targeting homes around the area. My guns are normally stored locked, but still accessible in case of emergency.

Also....AMERRRUIICAAA FUCK YEAH!

As an American, I gotta flex my 2nd amendment rights.

Old Post 06-22-2012 11:47 PM
Zephyr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zephyr Click here to Send Zephyr a Private Message Visit Zephyr's homepage! Find more posts by Zephyr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
78si
Second Gear

What I drive: 78 civic
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (61)

quote:

Originally posted by Zephyr

I live in a quiet neighborhood comprised of mostly middle class and there's a few areas of upper class. Recently criminals have been targeting homes around the area. My guns are normally stored locked, but still accessible in case of emergency.

Also....AMERRRUIICAAA FUCK YEAH!

As an American, I gotta flex my 2nd amendment rights.

Old Post 06-23-2012 02:09 AM
78si is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 78si Click here to Send 78si a Private Message Find more posts by 78si Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lagerstatten.ca
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

Does anyone know of any place you can go to shoot some gophers?

I'm just looking for a place to shoot my rifle that isn't indoors or at homestead or at a paper target.

Do people usually just call up landowners and ask to shoot on their property?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

-TT

Old Post 06-29-2012 09:50 PM
Lagerstatten.ca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lagerstatten.ca Click here to Send Lagerstatten.ca a Private Message Find more posts by Lagerstatten.ca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tomaz
Second Gear

What I drive: 2009 Mazda 3
Posts/Day: 0.52
User Rating: 99%

quote:

^^^ I'm in the same boat. I haven't had gophers on my land for years now and I have a thirst for blood! haha. I wouldn't mind finding something east of Calgary. Perhaps around Langdon, Chestermere, Strathmore. If anybody has info that could help, PM me.

Thanks!

Old Post 07-04-2012 07:36 PM
Tomaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tomaz Click here to Send Tomaz a Private Message Find more posts by Tomaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elite

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

Anyone know the standard waiting time to get your gun license? Sent mine in a few weeks ago (for restricted and non-restricted) and was hoping to get it before hunting season so I can complete my hunters course.

Also some sweet guns you guys have here; what would you recommend for a beginner lefty (want to start off with a rifle for hunting).

Old Post 07-05-2012 03:24 AM
elite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elite Click here to Send elite a Private Message Find more posts by elite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 1.04
Trader Rating: (121)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Originally posted by elite
Anyone know the standard waiting time to get your gun license? Sent mine in a few weeks ago (for restricted and non-restricted) and was hoping to get it before hunting season so I can complete my hunters course.

Mine took exactly 28 days from when they received to when it was approved. To speed things up, make sure you keep an eye on the status on the webpage. Once it shows up online, wait a week then call in for your interview and have your references call in. If the CFC has to call, they'll take their time.

Old Post 07-05-2012 03:54 AM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elite

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Mine took exactly 28 days from when they received to when it was approved. To speed things up, make sure you keep an eye on the status on the webpage. Once it shows up online, wait a week then call in for your interview and have your references call in. If the CFC has to call, they'll take their time.

Awesome I didn't even know you could check it online.

Old Post 07-05-2012 04:29 AM
elite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elite Click here to Send elite a Private Message Find more posts by elite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
top_speed
Neutral

What I drive: jdm b18c
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 89%

quote:

Originally posted by elite

Also some sweet guns you guys have here; what would you recommend for a beginner lefty (want to start off with a rifle for hunting).

usually takes 28 days if you never had a problem with law. Mine took 8 months because i was caught at the wrong place at the wrong time and they had it stored in the file. they had to make a decision if they should give me the license and are very strict about it. but eventually they gave it to me.

Old Post 07-05-2012 04:38 AM
top_speed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for top_speed Click here to Send top_speed a Private Message Find more posts by top_speed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:30 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: