Quantcast
Good place to buy North face? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good place to buy North face?

My Ride
    '12 C350 Coupe

Default Good place to buy North face?

I found a couple jackets i liked from the north face, does anyone know of a good place online/local to buy from? I know some places sell cheaper than the listed prices on Northface.com

My Ride
    a wrx.

Sort of offtopic, but I've had lots of Northface gear fail on me in the past while I was out in the country. Have you ever had to hike out with your pants held together by duct tape? I have...while using Northface. Also had a jacket and a backpack fall apart on me.

I now use Helly Hansen gear, which has treated me a lot better and costs about the same. IMO, Northface is sorta poseur gear for the rich people on ski vacations.

Helly Hansen has really good quality jackets and lots of different colors/styles. Their pricing is reasonable too, you should check them out in Chinook first.

+1 for the shitty gear north face makes........ My jacket lasted a whole 2 weeks before the zipper completely came unstitched, I was lucky enough to get a replacement but the replacement started to lose stitching in the arms after a few months.

If you must have northface Coast Mountain and Out There have a decent selection or if you want to buy online www.ems.com is always good and right now everything is 20% off until Monday, they also ship by USPS so you don't get ripped off by Fedex/UPS on stupid fees.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Sort of offtopic, but I've had lots of Northface gear fail on me in the past while I was out in the country. Have you ever had to hike out with your pants held together by duct tape? I have...while using Northface. Also had a jacket and a backpack fall apart on me.

I now use Helly Hansen gear, which has treated me a lot better and costs about the same. IMO, Northface is sorta poseur gear for the rich people on ski vacations.
    i personally havent had any north face gear fail on me but ive heard lots of stories like this. i have some north face gear but its mostly stuff i use casually. i prefer patagonia and mountain hardware (which is owned by north face but i find their stuff more durable)

My Ride
    a wrx.

Forgot to mention...MEC makes lots of quality shiet too! The only downside to MEC is that the store smells like hippie.

frostyda9 Guest

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    IMO, Northface is sorta poseur gear for the rich people on ski vacations.

NF jackets are good for sitting on a chilly patio sipping a $6 coffee. HH is good, but I find some of their stuff looks a little too purpose built to do casual and outdoor duties. MEC strikes the perfect balance for me, looking casual enough to wear around town, but durable enough to do real outdoor activities in.

i guess someone should probably answer the dudes question...if you want a good place for north face stuff try Out There, they usually have a decent selection of North Face.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

just saw the sportchek flyers they are having sales on northface. Something like $50 off NF jackets?

Just don't buy entry-level or mid-level North Face. I had a warranty claim on one and after a LOT of messing around, they ended up upgrading me to a top of the line gore-tex jacket. Haven't had any problems with it and I've owned it for years now.

I picked mine up from Ski Cellar, they usually have huge sales in the summer.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I have several North Face jackets and fleece and they are alright quality and have never had any problems with mine.

But Arc'teryx makes the best stuff on the planet!

North Face clothing is terrible quality my wife had a jacket fall apart at the seams and a pair of shoes that were in bad shape after only a couple of months of use.

However I do have a tent that is 7 years old of theirs that is still in excellent shape even after extensive use.

North Face clothing is for label whores IMO.

I prefer Arc'teryx, Sierra Designs and MEC.

Originally posted by redline
    I have several North Face jackets and fleece and they are alright quality and have never had any problems with mine.

But Arc'teryx makes the best stuff on the planet!
    too bad its also the priciest i wish i could afford their stuff

My Ride
    Lariat

we have northface down at FRESH ski shop in kensington
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by ashee
    Helly Hansen has really good quality jackets and lots of different colors/styles. Their pricing is reasonable too, you should check them out in Chinook first.
    Meh, if you want the best, Peak Performance is the only way to go.

Apart from the other places, you can buy North Face at Campers Village as well.

And as far as falling apart, NF is warrantied for something like 3-5 years. I know the warranty is not the point, and the clothing should not be falling apart like some say, but its something to think about.

You could try www.mountainhardwear.com as well as www.orgear.com all can be found at Campers Village. They both have some very durable goods, and nice jackets. May spend a bit less than NF as well.

Originally posted by rinny
    Apart from the other places, you can buy North Face at Campers Village as well.

And as far as falling apart, NF is warrantied for something like 3-5 years. I know the warranty is not the point, and the clothing should not be falling apart like some say, but its something to think about.

You could try www.mountainhardwear.com as well as www.orgear.com all can be found at Campers Village. They both have some very durable goods, and nice jackets. May spend a bit less than NF as well.
    mountain hardware is at a higher price point than NF as it is North Face's "premium brand"

My Ride
    Mom-van

TNF is sold at Sport Chek and Coast Mountain and MEC... never had it myself though so I can't comment on quality
    ~*Leah*~

I don't see TNF at MEC anymore, they sell Pantagonia. RnR also sells TNF.

My Ride
    '12 C350 Coupe

thanks for the info guys ill hit up some places this week and see what these other mentioned brands are like

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast