Quantcast
POLL: What Rogers phone to go with???? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Which Rogers Cell Phone is Best????

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moto KRZR

4 15.38%
  • LG Chocolate

3 11.54%
  • Sony Ericsson K790

9 34.62%
  • BlackBerry Pearl

11 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: POLL: What Rogers phone to go with????

My Ride
    06 Ram(Truck Norris) 03 CBR 600 RR

Default POLL: What Rogers phone to go with????

SO tomorow as a gift from my family for my 18th Bday coming up there gonna buy me a new cell phone cus mine is broken from work. so i am totally unsure of what the best phone would be as before i got the crap end of the stick as far as phones go. I have to stay with rogers but i dont know what phones to get. choose what you think is best and if you could add a plus or neg feedback as to why you picked and which i should stay away from..

i want something thats sleek ans stylish and has MP3 and even a camera which i know they all do. all ive ever owned is motorola so im not sure what to get as an all around goo phone. thanks

Brad

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

my brother got the chocolate (but on telus) and he can not addd songs to it without buying them from telus

My Ride

i like all of those phones with the exeption of the motorola (never again lol)

i voted for the chocolate for its looks even though the blackberry might be better for its features and the sony ericcson might be better for mp3

My Ride
    honda integrRA

k790!

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

the K790a has the best camera out of the bunch. It blows for taking videos however. Also if you arent keen on debranding the phone and flashing it then I wouldnt go for the k790a. What Rogers does to all their sony ericsson phones is that they wont allow you to use Mp3 ringtones unless you download it from Rogers.

That being said, I really dont like motorola's user interface and Im not very impressed with the reception with my two previous motorola phones.

The LG and the Blackberry have the worse cameras out of the ones you have choice (1 megapixel). But in my opinion the LG is the best looking out of the bunch and if i wasnt too concerned about the camera I would pick that.

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Originally posted by A2VR6
    the K790a has the best camera out of the bunch. It blows for taking videos however. Also if you arent keen on debranding the phone and flashing it then I wouldnt go for the k790a. What Rogers does to all their sony ericsson phones is that they wont allow you to use Mp3 ringtones unless you download it from Rogers.

That being said, I really dont like motorola's user interface and Im not very impressed with the reception with my two previous motorola phones.

The LG and the Blackberry have the worse cameras out of the ones you have choice (1 megapixel). But in my opinion the LG is the best looking out of the bunch and if i wasnt too concerned about the camera I would pick that.
    I totally agree with this post... I've used all phones listed on the poll, and being a phone whore, I still personally think the SE is still on top. Easy to use, best 'bang-for-buck', feature packed.

I just picked up a locked to Rogers K790a, which I will be unbranding very soon cause I hate having the rogers stuff on the phone. But so far, I am loving it. Resolution on the screen is very very good, and overall its easy to use.

As for the ringtone thing, there is a way to put your MP3 ringtones on the Rogers SE's. I figured I'd put it up to help anyone who is having this issue. Here is the link to the SE developer site. The 'DRM Manager' allows you to add the proper digital rights to be able to use them as a ringtones. You put your mp3 file in, convert it, then send it to the phone as normal (it will be a .DM file, but the phone will say its an MP3)... only downside is that you can't send it to your friends phones from your phone because it is locked.

Here is the link, hopefully if it helps even just one person, them I'm happy:

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/si...isc/p_misc.jsp

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by CivicDXR
    I've used all phones listed on the poll, and being a phone whore

LISTEN to this man...He changes his phones more times in a week versus his socks.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Originally posted by EK 2.0

LISTEN to this man...He changes his phones more times in a week versus his socks.
    oh thank god, I thought u were gonna bust me by saying I change phones more than my underwear....

wait.... oops.... busted myself....

My Ride

I just picked up a locked to Rogers K790a, which I will be unbranding very soon cause I hate having the rogers stuff on the phone. But so far, I am loving it. Resolution on the screen is very very good, and overall its easy to use.

debranding my phone was the greatest thing I have ever done. Thats the first thing I did to my k790a (unlocking was the 2nd) and for anyone who is looking to get a rogers k790a spend the 12 or so dollars to unbrand it. It takes seriously less than 10 mins and the features you get from unbranding is totally worth it.

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Originally posted by A2VR6

debranding my phone was the greatest thing I have ever done. Thats the first thing I did to my k790a (unlocking was the 2nd) and for anyone who is looking to get a rogers k790a spend the 12 or so dollars to unbrand it. It takes seriously less than 10 mins and the features you get from unbranding is totally worth it.
    sorta off-topic, but I was looking at a few options on the 'net to unlock and unbrand mine... if u don't mind me asking, how did u get yours done?

My Ride

sorta off-topic, but I was looking at a few options on the 'net to unlock and unbrand mine... if u don't mind me asking, how did u get yours done?
    I used davinci to do it (http://www.seuniverse.com/ ). Unlocking right now for the DB2020 phones is pretty expensive (50 euros) and only davinci can do it but unbranding is reasonable in price (10 euros). Theres another place you can unbrand your phone. It's called wotan server (http://www.wotanserver.com ) and it's slightly cheaper but i've heard theres issues with stability there and I decided to pay a little bit more to ensure that nothing would go wrong. Both places use similar methods to debrand your phone. The only part I had problems with was getting the USB flash drivers to work properly but theres tutorials on both sites now that show you how to do it.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

k790, krzr, choco....

My Ride
    Acura TL

use http://www.davinciteam.com/ i have used them to debrand 2 w810i's and my old k790a, i havent had any issues with them.
    if you need help using it or want me to do it you got my number.
    i havent tried them for unlocking because you need a diffrent usb cable then the one supplied.

back on topic, i'd get k790a over any other phone, i have used all those phone and the k790a was by far my favorite.

My Ride

Originally posted by wesseam

i havent tried them for unlocking because you need a diffrent usb cable then the one supplied.

not for the k790a. You can use the supplied cable to unlock it.

My Ride
    Mercedes

No point getting a blackberry unless you need a PDA phone.