Quantcast
Speeding Ticket Q - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Speeding Ticket Q

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Default Speeding Ticket Q

I got a ticket for 110 in an 80 yesterday...I know this topics been done to death and I've searched a bit...my only question is can you go down and see the crown prosecutor at anytime or do you need to go to the court on the date written on the ticket?

Also, where is the crown prosecutor and what is the best time to see him/her?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

You should go and see the CP anytime before the trail date. The address is on the ticket. (Across the street from the downtown public library, if I'm not mistaken.)

My Ride
    E90 335i

I've been a couple times, seems to always be busy so no time is a good time except maybe first thing in the morning. And yes, you can go down anytime before your court date. The place is called Rocky Mountain Plaza I think. Macleod and 7th ave downtown.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

wait a couple of days after the ticket was issued. The cop who gave you the ticket has like 7 days to turn in his notes which will be used by the judge to make the call. I went the day after and the judge told me to come back because he had not turned his notes, guess he was to busy munchin' on donuts or somethin'.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

go in the morning, because they are often out of the office in the afternoon.

head down about 7 days after you got the ticket.
    Travel

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

yeah dude...go there wait for your turn and really that's all you do...the guy didnt even ask me anything and my ticket was for doing 100 in a 50!!! he just said ok this is what i can give you....he reduced it to a ticket for doing 70 in a 50 and reduced the demerits and wished me a good day...that was all...i didnt even have to give him an excuse or nothing...you got NOTHING to lose and ALL to gain

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

yea, I'm trying to get no demerits or else I'm fuXored for good. I dont' care if the fine sticks....just no demerits. I can't afford my insurance as it is so if it increases I'm really screwed.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

30 over, depending on the mood of the prosecutor, you should be able to get off completely with no demerits. Poiints was able to take care of a few 30 overs for me a while back.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

... or support one of our sponsors!

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by rage2
    30 over, depending on the mood of the prosecutor, you should be able to get off completely with no demerits. Poiints was able to take care of a few 30 overs for me a while back.
    The thing was that I dont' think I was going 30 over either...only 20 over or something. There was a red mustang 5.0 that the cop also pulled over but he asked me questions trying to make it sound like I was travelling with him so he could get me for racing or something. I just told him that I didn't know the guy and wasn't travelling with him as he was coming by faster than me. My laser detector only detected one shot....so it could have hit him or me. My guess is that it hit him travelling faster than me on the right. I'm gonna use this along with a lot of begging for compassion because if this ticket increases my insurance rates then I have to give up my car. From the sounds of it, if I give up my car then the insurance company automatically jumps my parents insurance $1000 because I'm living with them and have a license but no vehicle so I'm a secondary driver....even if they don't let me drive. I hate this world!!!

Hopefully taht insurance inquiry does something...I heard it's supposed to be released july 13 or somethign?

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

they wont do a whole hell of alot man, points wise, ive been there like 30 times now, and they will only drop the points if its within 15km mayybbe if he/shes in a good mood 18..good luck though

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

The Crown now only has the authority to drop 2 demerits from a charge thanks to the new legislation that came out in May.
    Travel

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Ben
    The Crown now only has the authority to drop 2 demerits from a charge thanks to the new legislation that came out in May.
    so I'm pretty much screwed then...

Originally posted by davidI

so I'm pretty much screwed then...
    Two demerits off is better than zilch. Yeah, you're screwed, but to a lesser extent.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I think a ticket is a ticket in the insurance companies eyes

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

how long does it take for a ticket to disappear off your record? I got one in 2001 when I was 17...wondering when it will be cleared?

My Ride
    Noodle

2 years from the one you look at and 3 from the one the insurance company sees