Quantcast
Sub/Amp wiring kits - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Sub/Amp wiring kits

Default Sub/Amp wiring kits

i was wondering what your experiences with them are and whether or not they are worth it....cuz i know i can get all of the stuff in the kits, it may jus take longer

also some kits say that they are rated up to 200W only, and i am gonna be running 600W max power...but thats with a kenwood amp so more likely like 300W....am i safe getting the kit? or should i look for a higher end one?
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Well, for one thing, wire is just wire. There's no real difference between a cheap kit at versus a "high end" kit like Pheonix Gold or Rockford Fosgate. The only thing you're paying extra for is the package it's coming in and the way it looks.

While there are some types of wiring that are better than others, they're really reserved for competition and you'll never notice it yourself. (If you do say you notice the difference, you're probably in denial for spending the extra money.)

So basically what it comes down to is if you can save a couple bucks getting a kit or everything separately (as well as if the kit has everything you need). Also, when they say the kit is rated for a certain wattage, they only real difference is the wiring gauge size and fuse size. For that amount of power, you probably won't need more than 8 gauge wiring for your amp's power and ground, depending on the distance from your battery to the amp.
    Last edited by D'z Nutz; 10-19-2002 at 12:47 AM.

My Ride
    335i

There are going to be some that swear that wire makes a huge diff, but I think its mostly hype. Wire is wire, go to Walmart , 15 bucks for an 800watt wiring kit, cheapest in Calgary!
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

thats what i was thinking.....cuz i saw a pheonix gold kit for like 70 bucks and some no name one for like 30, and jus one was rated at a higher wattage so i decided to wait and ask around before i bought something
    ya i'll check walmart out for the kit

thanks for the help
    Built not Bought.
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    Anything topless.

just know one thing, those kits and those accessories are where they make all their money! That's where I made a shitload of commission working at futureshop, A & B sound and soundsaround! anyway, everything is marked up twice as much. That's why I bought all my stuff once I was able to get a discount! If it's like 50 bux for a fuse block, cost is around 25 or so. this is where it pays to have a friend that can hook you up!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

yea i don;t think i am gonna install anything for a while with all these thefts happening.....so i think i am jus gonan buy everything seperate...i can get everything pretty cheap or for free anyways, my uncle is an electrical engineer and has most of this stuff at his house/work
    Built not Bought.