Quantcast
What should I lease? (Long) - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I lease? (Long)

Originally posted by 88CRX

Here’s the 2 scenarios that play out every day with the transmission that annoy me.

- As you accelerate (from a stop light or in stop and go rush hour traffic) if you can’t keep constant or increased throttle pressure (ie: you let up on the peddle) the shifts from first to second or second to third aren’t that smooth and you feel the car ‘bump’ as it shifts (like a less then ideal shift in a manual transmission car). If you’re giving it shit and pinning it or keep the acceleration constant all the shifts are silky smooth. I can replicate this issue almost all the time and its slightly worse in colder weather then the warmer months. Some people have had this issue improved or fixed by software updates at the dealership, my latest update had no effect on the issue.

-If your cruising along in slow moving rush hour traffic at say 30-50km/h and want to switch lanes into a fast moving lane (say 70-80 km/hour) you signal, change lanes, mash the gas peddle and then wait… and wait… and wait… and then it finally powers up after shifting down a couple gears and you get going. I should actually time it but it must be 2 full second (which feels like forever when a faster moving car is approaching you from behind) before you start accelerating.

I only drive in sport mode. Eco mode is terrible for power delivery and steering feedback. Normal is slightly improved but still lame. And sport plus mode is useless, never in the right gear, aggressive downshifts, crazy high RPM’s… its completely useless. Paddle shifters also suck and are supper laggy.

If/when you test drive one make sure you try and replicate these issues, I believe they’ve been improved in 2016’s and 2017’s but not 100% sure.
    Thanks - will definitely go through all the modes on the test drive. If it's livable in sport mode, that could be OK for the right price.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by rage2

You don't. Mitsu's first post says that with current incentives it's $450/month. Ours (4matic with every option from 2015) with incentives, discounts, loyalty rate worked out to $500/month even.

I will mention that one trick that we do is that we go on a 39 month lease because we plan on replacing the vehicle every ~3 years anyways. MB has a no penalty early lease return (max 6 months, was 12 months) where if you lease/buy another MB vehicle, just drop the car off and lease ends early. So a 39 month lease rate (same interest rate) is effectively a 33 month lease, lowering your TCO even more. Back when it was 12 months, it was awesome. New car every 2 years at the much better 3 year rate/residuals, which explains why I was swapping some of my cars so often. There's other bullshit you can do to lower TCO, stretching service intervals slightly over so that you do one or 2 less services out of pocket when you return the lease. Typically, my lease returns will need the more expensive service a couple of months or a couple thousands of kms after my return.

Only works if you're a MB fanboy.
    Interesting. What about mileage?

Say you are on 39 months / 2000kms per month

You return it at 33 months so max mileage you are allowed is 66k? or?

Mitsu3000gt: Benz service is $$$ or maybe I'm just cheap or I'm use to have it hidden in the car price like BMW lol

Just got a service B done 40K service done on my 11 GLK and with brake fluid it was almost $900.
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost

Mitsu3000gt: Benz service is $$$ or maybe I'm just cheap or I'm use to have it hidden in the car price like BMW lol

Just got a service B done 40K service done on my 11 GLK and with brake fluid it was almost $900.
    It's possible I misunderstood something, or they are actively hiding something, but I was told it was $18/mo for prepaid service on the B250 which works out to a 30% savings compare to lump-summing it every time it's due. Some cars offer free maintenance, so it's definitely something to take into consideration.

Is that Service B you got absolutely mandatory to maintain MB warranty, or is it dealer recommended only? As I recently learned with Honda, those are two very different things, but maybe MB bones you no matter what

My Ride
    NC1

I'm not sure. I thought about taking it elsewhere but it's been serviced at Lone Star since day one so might as well keep going. It's out of warranty. I'm sure I paid double vs an independent shop. I just figured if I were to ever sell the vehicle, it looks cleaner if dealer serviced. Or I'm just an idiot lol

So definitely consider the service aspect too.

What other manufacturers offer *free* maintenance? Free in the sense they built it into the price of the vehicle already.

I liked it with BMW, every 20k drop the car off and just pick it up, nothing out of pocket lol
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

I took a look at the ILX but the base model at $30k doesn't come with heated seats. Seriously?

I don't know about your must haves but mine are quite simple actually: heated seats & back up sensor or camera + there must be a key hole in the door where I can lock the car when it's running.

For example on the Golf there's a cover for the key hole so when the car is running, you can't lock it unless you remove the cover to expose the key hole which then makes the car aesthetically speaking, look like shit lol
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I took a look at the ILX but the base model at $30k doesn't come with heated seats. Seriously?
    No point in considering the ILX with the new Civic out now. Although I'm sure an ILX update is coming soon.

+1 for the TLX. I would however wait until 2018's slide around, might get you a better deal. Selection/colors might be limited though.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Don't bother with ILX, the new Civic is a superior car in every way and there is an hatch version.

I rather pay $32K for a loaded Civic Hatch (manual available) than a base ILX.

My Ride
    NC1

Wow. The civic LX is legit if you just need a basic car. Wow.

$300 lease / 48 months. Surprising!
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

What's surprising is that hatch is basically brand new shipped from UK.

Not only it get rebate on lease, it also get same low rate as sedan. And you can choose manual on top trims. You are stuck with CVT on the sedan for anything above the LX trim.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-11-2017 at 12:08 AM.

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Just FYI for anyone wanting a super cheap lease on a car , the premier Cruze hatch loaded with heated front and back seats and steering wheel, full leather, forward collision warning, blind spot monitor, lane departure warning, proximity entry, push button start, apple car play/android auto, sunroof, backup camera, and remote start from your phone much like drone but free for 5 years, leases extremely well especially for how much stuff you get.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

^ Can you post details on the lease ? Km per year allowance, price per month , what the residuals looks like after 4 years and if you can get the car in manual. Wife's 13 CRV is up beginning of May and we are looking to lower our monthly payments in this fun economy ( Civic is on top right now)
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Have we considered a 17 fusion titanium? It's awd, with almost every feature minus lane departure (which is an option) it leases for about 400 a month.

The engine is 240hp/270 tq. And it has way more presence and is a nice ride than any focus. Still somewhat sporty.

Could try and find a deal on a 16. I don't know if they're leasing 16s still.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by R154
    Have we considered a 17 fusion titanium?
    Was running with one on Ghost Lake a few weeks back, that thing got mad grip on non-studded winter tires.

Originally posted by bourge73
    ^ Can you post details on the lease ? Km per year allowance, price per month , what the residuals looks like after 4 years and if you can get the car in manual. Wife's 13 CRV is up beginning of May and we are looking to lower our monthly payments in this fun economy ( Civic is on top right now)
    Loaded to the nuts I think it came out to $338/mo not sure about GST. I'm checking one out next week I will report back here on everything I drive. KM allowance was 20,000. The Cruze hatch actually looks awesome, I just keep reading it is bland and no fun to drive, so I suspect that will be it's main downfall.

Originally posted by R154
    Have we considered a 17 fusion titanium? It's awd, with almost every feature minus lane departure (which is an option) it leases for about 400 a month.

The engine is 240hp/270 tq. And it has way more presence and is a nice ride than any focus. Still somewhat sporty.

Could try and find a deal on a 16. I don't know if they're leasing 16s still.
    Fusion Titanium with the options I would need (basically just driver assistance pkg) is $420/mo and I don't think GST is in there so $441. The "Sport" would be sweet with the TTV6 but it's over $500/mo. Not super thrilled about that car (aside from the sport), so I think it would have to be a hell of a deal for me to look at.

2016 might be a better deal but if they are like MB they won't even entertain a lease on a 2016 because they don't make enough money off it haha. I tried to lease a 2016 B250 demo that had a $9,000 discount and they wouldn't even entertain it.

I do appreciate all the suggestions though!
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-11-2017 at 12:15 PM.

You have inspired some serious debate and research around my table. More suggestions to follow.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Originally posted by bourge73
    Your under 400 for sure, I can't remember residuals at the moment but they're quite good considering a top model is 30 and under.
    You can get a manual hatch, but no leather, or heated wheel, but you still get push start, proximity entry, heated front seats and can still get a sunroof, apple car play/android auto, backup cam, heated seats and proximity entry are standard on the hatch, it comes LT or premier, and you can get with or without RS styling package which I think is what really does it well in the styling department.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Corolla is even a better deal if all you want is a basic car.

LE CVT is $247 gst in / 48 months
    with leather heated steering wheel, s/r, alloys it's $265. Can't beat that.

As already posted by one member in this thread, it is possible to be in a base GTI for $360 a month roughly.

But yeah, for compacts, take a B250 out along with a base Golf and then a GTI back to back and see what happens.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Aleks

Corolla is even a better deal if all you want is a basic car.

LE CVT is $247 gst in / 48 months
    with leather heated steering wheel, s/r, alloys it's $265. Can't beat that.

As already posted by one member in this thread, it is possible to be in a base GTI for $360 a month roughly.

But yeah, for compacts, take a B250 out along with a base Golf and then a GTI back to back and see what happens.
    The Corolla SE + upgrade package looks legit. It's a nice looking car.

4 years/24k per. + Excess wear tear 0% lease. $307/month
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I am user #49

My Ride
    G37X

The Corolla SE + upgrade package looks legit. It's a nice looking car.

4 years/24k per. + Excess wear tear 0% lease. $307/month
    That's actually a great choice as well for less of a performance car. Best looking Corolla I've seen. Did a double take at one the other day. Nice snowplow too.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast