Quantcast
German vehicle owners and the one signal click (split) - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: German vehicle owners and the one signal click (split)

Originally posted by Sonic

This is only ONE of the bizarre driving norms in Calgary that I've noticed as someone who has grown up in a big city like Vancouver...in Vancouver, a city with actual traffic problems due to congestion no one is going to "let you in", you just signal and force your way in, I drove once in Miami and it is 1000x worse there, so take it from me, there are lots of people in this city from bigger cities and it is bizarre to "let someone in", the attitude is if you want in, put on your blinker and force your way in because it's not my job to slow down or brake to let you in, I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who deliberately closed a gap after I've signalled, and I drive an Infiniti and have also driven BMWs, this is probably all in your head...no one is cutting anyone off, it's just different ways of driving...the same goes another bizarre Calgary norm..."early merging", fucking retarded...

Take Sentry's quote there, he's got his panties all up in a knot...but to me, what he does is normal. He's doing it right.
    I frequently encounter calgary drivers who speed up to try and prevent someone entering their lane. Ridiculous behaviour.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by born2workoncars
    I frequently encounter calgary drivers who speed up to try and prevent someone entering their lane. Ridiculous behaviour.
    yep! And then if you watch them closely in the rear view they thrash around and scream like mental patients when you get in front of them. Share the road.. That is a Calgary thing from my experience.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I notice it regardless of who I am driving with as well, across a wide variety of brands. I just find in general Calgary drivers are unskilled, discourteous, and often dangerous.
    Agree fully.

When you think about it, driving well actually takes a lot of skill, and coordination. You have to use your eyes, hands, feet all at the same time. Most people simply aren't good at that.

Originally posted by born2workoncars

feels like everyone is racing everyone, in slow motion.
    I'm in no rush to get to work in the morning, could care less if someone wants to change lanes in front of me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Chester
    I'm in no rush to get to work in the morning, could care less if someone wants to change lanes in front of me.
    I don't mind people changing lanes in front of me, but it pisses me off when people change lanes in front of me, slow down, and leave a massive gap ahead. The worst are the ones that knows the shortcuts and fuck it all up for everyone behind them by going slowly and missing a light. Every missed light is 2-3 mins wasted haha. I'm a sucker, and keep letting people in knowing they'll fuck me over.

My problem is I'm super OCD with traffic optimizations, not trying to get to work on time or anything, just pissed off about unnecessarily wasted time.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by rage2

I don't mind people changing lanes in front of me, but it pisses me off when people change lanes in front of me, slow down, and leave a massive gap ahead. The worst are the ones that knows the shortcuts and fuck it all up for everyone behind them by going slowly and missing a light. Every missed light is 2-3 mins wasted haha. I'm a sucker, and keep letting people in knowing they'll fuck me over.

My problem is I'm super OCD with traffic optimizations, not trying to get to work on time or anything, just pissed off about unnecessarily wasted time.

The football field gapers are taking over too... I can't believe how many people really don't give a shit about making lights

Was behind someone the other day that was just crawling up to a green light, of course when we get up to it, it goes yellow... then for the extra kick in the balls, they do a last second lane change and decide they don't even was to travel in that direction and move out of the way

Originally posted by rage2

Agree 100%

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4