Quantcast
Crowfoot class 5 test - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crowfoot class 5 test

My Ride
    Subaru GH

Default Crowfoot class 5 test

Hey so I'm just trying to inquire some info, anyone know what route the class 5 test at crowfoot goes through? I was told that it maybe hawkwood or hamptons. If anyone knows any info please let me know it will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Suey; 05-01-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

You're asian aren't you? If you need to KNOW the fucken route of a driving test, maybe you should go out and practice more... LIKE I DID!

How is the route going to make any sort of difference? Recognizing uncontrolled intersections? If you can't recognize an uncontrolled intersection, again, maybe you should go out and practice more.

Default Re: Crowfoot class 5 test

Originally posted by Suey
    Hey so I'm just trying to inquire some info, anyone know what route the class 5 test test at crowfoot goes through? I was told that it maybe hawkwood or hamptons. If anyone knows any info please let me know it will be greatly appreciated.
    Mine went down into ranchlands by the Dairy queen. Then across John Laurie into Hawkwood then back to the registry.

My Ride
    Subaru GH

I've driven around the city with no problems. Its just the fact I was curious where it goes through. Simmer down.. god epeeners all day these days
    Last edited by Suey; 05-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.

I also had a peace officer ride along in the back seat which was weird

My Ride
    Subaru GH

Okay thank you kohlman

Originally posted by Suey
    Okay thank you kohlman
    I would suggest when they ask you to park back at the registry that you just drive into one of the stalls at hen end of the parking lot as usually you can just drive straight in. Just one less thing to get points on

My Ride
    G6

Took me through Ranchlands, down by the Dairy Queen, left somewhere with a school zone, back on John Laurie.

Stupid bitch failed me first time because I didn't have "my foot hovering over the break" at an uncontrolled intersection. I had right of way, was on the main street, and even looked both ways. Stupid bitch didn't care... Be careful.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Feruk
    Stupid bitch failed me first time because I didn't have "my foot hovering over the break" at an uncontrolled intersection. I had right of way, was on the main street, and even looked both ways. Stupid bitch didn't care... Be careful.
    Interesting that's a requirement. I always hover foot over brakes at all uncontrolled intersections, and even some controlled (yield/stop) intersections where I have the right of way. I don't trust other drivers whatsoever, and the ability to instantly panic brake has saved me from an accident a few times already.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

Interesting that's a requirement. I always hover foot over brakes at all uncontrolled intersections, and even some controlled (yield/stop) intersections where I have the right of way. I don't trust other drivers whatsoever, and the ability to instantly panic brake has saved me from an accident a few times already.
    Yeah my AMA teacher probably told me 100 times that during the test they would bring me to uncontrolled intersections and watch my feet to make sure I hover. He even had me practicing where I ended up being tested.

My Ride
    G6

If you can't see, I totally agree. Both oncoming paths were quite visible in this case. Nothing unsafe about it, they just wanted another $60 or however much the test costs.

Originally posted by wardpr68
    You're asian aren't you? If you need to KNOW the fucken route of a driving test, maybe you should go out and practice more... LIKE I DID!

How is the route going to make any sort of difference? Recognizing uncontrolled intersections? If you can't recognize an uncontrolled intersection, again, maybe you should go out and practice more.
    what does asian have to do with his question? couldnt the OP just be a chick?
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

No.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

lets just up it a bit shall we?

The OP is an OLD, Asian, woman.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by spikers

lets just up it a bit shall we?

The OP is an OLD, Asian, woman.
    The 3 "O"s or driving? oh noes, DOOMED!

- Old
    - Oriental
    - Ovaries

Took me through Ranchlands, down by the Dairy Queen, left somewhere with a school zone, back on John Laurie.

not to single you out but i've noticed in a lot of drivers exam threads people complain for being failed for things that are in your LEARNERS handbook.

I've seen in the other threads some people with drivers licenses didn't even know you had to yeild to your right at uncontrolled intersections, or that neither person has the right of way in a merge, or that you must stop before the sidewalk at an intersection, etc etc etc.

scares the hell out of me that those same people complain about shitty drivers around town and they don't even know the rules of the road.

for you specific example, straight from the learners handbook in the uncontrolled section:
    You must reduce your speed enough to be able to stop your vehicle easily
    so that means cruising through an uncontrolled at 50kph and not covering your brake absolutely will get you a fail. My drivers ed coach always told me to slow down, cover the brake, and assume the other guy doesn't know what he is doing and could drive out at any moment (sounds pretty typical for calgary!). The main drag comment has no bearing either, no matter what you yield to the right regardless of the size of the road you are on relative to the other driver.

A thing to watch out for is parking lots, they don't usually have stop signs coming out of aisles, and yes technically you must yield to your right and treat every intersection between an aisle and the "main drag" as an uncontrolled....
    Last edited by J-hop; 05-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.

How can an uncontrolled intersection have a "main" street with the right-of-way? This would be a controlled intersection where traffic on the "side" road face yield or stop signs. That's the only way you can sail straight through the intersection with the right-of-way over all others.

If it was indeed an uncontrolled intersection, then you would not have the right-of-way over traffic approaching from your right, hence the reason to cover the brake plus reasons J-hop mentioned previously.

Anyway, they can fail you for little things that are even less consequential, such as touching the curb with your rear tire when parallel parking.

My Ride
    07 Avalanche

Driver's ed around 1998 took me through that ranchlands intersection and a playground zone to warn me about how they fail you. The best part was that I did it in July and the trees hadn't been trimmed so the only way you could see the sign is if someone told you about it.

When I took the test you had to brake and look both ways and "acknowledge" the uncontrolled intersection. I guess now you have to "hover" ? Just brake and look both ways. They can't fail you. I also remember drivers ed saying I had to do 3 second stops, so I did that everytime even though it felt awkward.
    Last edited by zarge; 05-01-2012 at 11:38 PM.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Yea they took me to ranchlands.

Default Re: Re: Crowfoot class 5 test

Last edited by Cos; 01-01-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast