Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > The Official Trump Thread (was Trump inaguration.)

Author
Thread
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

The US tends to primarily target airports, whether they be military commercial or even civilian.

By my estimation: It because of the simple fact that the US has a huge advantage in aircraft carriers (ten of them) China now finally has one, and Russia put more money into naval and land capability.

By destroying the airports, they can effectively control the flow of the battle, not only enemies - but all neutral and even friendly parties that wish to carve up the nation afterwards. Afterall, you can't land a plane if you don't have a place to land.

If the US truly cared about the weapons of mass destruction, they would have avoided the airport and concentrated on the hardened chemical factories. By destroying the airports, it effectively ensures that no European nations will get any spoils (all spoils will go to the US)

I mean, in the Olympics everyone is racing to the finish and they are all relatively friendly - but only the guy who gets there first gets gold.

I wonder how much trouble I'm going to be in for this post.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-07-2017 at 05:08 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-07-2017 04:52 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

Of course it's a good move. Nobody is talking about the nuclear option to get the new judge in today. 50 missiles to get a young conservative judge that could be in places for 30-40 years. Good deal.

What? It was ALL over the news and still is.

It was practically a foregone conclusion though. Notice how Brexit news is also at a slow burn? MSM at its finest, if it ain't getting attention, it ain't getting on the front page.

Old Post 04-07-2017 05:29 PM
HiTempguy1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/0...-peninsula.html

Trump sends aircraft carrier back to North Korea.

Them South Koreans have to be careful, I get the feeling North *and* South Koreans are seen as no better than Mexicans under Trump.

Personally I think South Korea is retarded to continue a friendly stance with a Trump administration, neutral would probably be a better idea. Full retard would be to allow military free reign over your borders, I wouldn't even do that in Canada. Even Germany is thinking of backing out of NATO.

I mean shit, South Korea - you can always go back to friendly in four years if its warranted. Heaven knows that if you leave the border open to the US, it would be easy for the US military to just hire some mercenary goons to blow up a few South Korean buildings and place the blame on the North.

Ask the US politely to leave South Korea entirely, I bet they will refuse.

I still say Canada should build a wall against the US.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-09-2017 at 05:09 AM

Old Post 04-09-2017 04:54 AM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps

Them South Koreans have to be careful, I get the feeling North *and* South Koreans are seen as no better than Mexicans under Trump.

Not white.

Old Post 04-10-2017 04:57 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

The US economy is going to boom... smartest thing I have seen Trump do since he got into office:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tru...-plan-1.4086769

On the corporate side, the top marginal tax rate would fall from 35 per cent to 15 per cent. Small businesses that account for their owners' personal incomes would see their top tax rate go from 39.6 per cent to the proposed corporate tax rate of 15 per cent. Mnuchin stressed that the change for small business owners a group that under the current definition could include doctors, lawyers and even major real estate companies would be done to ensure that wealthier Americans could not exploit the change to pay less in taxes.

Wow... it will be a good time to get into business in the US

Old Post 04-26-2017 08:28 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Wonder if the giants like Apple will actually start paying taxes now

Old Post 04-26-2017 08:41 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
The US economy is going to boom... smartest thing I have seen Trump do since he got into office:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tru...-plan-1.4086769

Wow... it will be a good time to get into business in the US

The scary part is that with oil becoming less important, so goes $USD as the global reserve currency.

Now how the hell do you get out of debt when you can't print $.

Last edited by Xtrema on 04-26-2017 at 09:29 PM

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:20 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
Wonder if the giants like Apple will actually start paying taxes now

I'd say so, yea. Apple averages something like 25% thanks to parking so much money overseas, dropping from 35 to 15% will encourage them to bring more money home and invest locally.

That's the theory anyways.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:26 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

But.. Its a trap. As are most *teaser rates*, everyone should really know this by now.

Trump also says that he will severely punish any corporation that leaves the US.

What good is a 20% tax break, if you someday have to leave the US and get a 90% penalty for early withdrawl?

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:32 PM
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55

quote:

Originally posted by rage2

I'd say so, yea. Apple averages something like 25% thanks to parking so much money overseas, dropping from 35 to 15% will encourage them to bring more money home and invest locally.

That's the theory anyways.

It's just an arm's race. If US do 15%, everyone else will do 10% to counter.

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/06/wel...e-tax-giveaway/

It's a global economy. There are plenty of jurisdictions will happy to be tax haven for mutli-national corps in return for jobs related to the parked $, even not taxing the parked money.

Basically, everything this administration does is all about the feels and optics. Not realistic analyzing what is going on.

Last edited by Xtrema on 04-26-2017 at 09:39 PM

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:37 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

Basically, everything this administration does is all about the feels and optics. Not realistic analyzing what is going on.

So, what to do? Get rid of income tax/corporate tax completely and only have a consumption tax?

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:54 PM
HiTempguy1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

What is going to be far more devastating, is the one off 10% on all offshore holdings "repatriation tax".

The rough estimate is based on the $2.6 Trillion held offshore.

Too late to avoid it now if you are still a US citizen.

BTW: You can almost tell that Canada is blatantly planning a "repatriation tax" if necessary by the question on the tax forms "Do you have any offshore holdings $100,000 or greater" yes/no question.

As with all "one offs", they usually try at least one before they collapse it all.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-27-2017 at 01:55 PM

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:55 PM
The time now is 03:31 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > The Official Trump Thread (was Trump inaguration.)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: