Quantcast
City of Calgary 311 App - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: City of Calgary 311 App

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

^
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by triplep
    Is it me or did you intentionally draw the parking spot for your trailer to look like a penis?
    Lol... I'm not an artist.. everything I try to freehand ends up coming out looking like a penis...

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by speedcat
    FYI No app needed, just go to the 311 site (apologies if this has been mentioned).

spot311.calgary.ca

trailer reports
    wow haha

Entertaining...

Wild rabbits are a problem in our area. We cannot lay down or play on the grass in our front yard due to the huge amount of wild rabbit poop in the grass. Does the city remove rabbits from residential areas? What steps can homeowners take against the rabbits? With no predators they have become a irritant.
    Ravens and magpies Hi there Your gonna laugh Does the city ever deal with the above ? I'm two houses south of Riley Upto 10 birds at a time are dive bombing my dog and a neighbours ... Funny as it sounds other neighbours are complaining my dog barks too much all times of day and obviously a nuisance Lmk your thoughts or my options
    At the intersection of Stoney trail and Tuscany blvd people on crotch rockets use Stoney as a drag circuit driving like morons almost causing accidents and disturbing my kids who are trying to sleep at 9 pm with loud exhaust. It's a common theme every evening after rush hour it's ridiculous

My Ride
    G6

I love this site.

Streetlights turn red once you approach them on métis trail north and south
    Duh?

Ctrain sardine: obviously no one who works for the city rides transit in the morning ....normaly i dont either however im on here right now and this sucks!!! Everyone on here is packed like sardines in a can what happens if this train crashes? Who do i sue for the countless deaths and injuries that will ocurr? Clean up crews will not be able to tell where i end and the guy standing next to me begins!

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by speedcat
    FYI No app needed, just go to the 311 site (apologies if this has been mentioned).

spot311.calgary.ca

trailer reports
    I thought parking a trailer in your driveway was legal? I was under the impression only RV's couldnt be parked on your property. Most of those trailers are small and not bothering anything IMO.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by DEATH2000
    Most of those trailers are small and not bothering anything IMO.
    The people using the 311 app for nonsense are the stay at home moms like Kritafo with nothing better to do than stick their nose in other people's business.

It's the same kind of person that complains to condo boards about dirty vehicles in the parking lot or submits a complaint to the CPA that I'm parking in front of my own driveway and violating the 1.5m rule.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Hatred

I thought parking a trailer in your driveway was legal? I was under the impression only RV's couldnt be parked on your property. Most of those trailers are small and not bothering anything IMO.
    There is a section somewhere mentioning not being able to park in the driveway for more than 24 hours (PART 5: LOW DENSITY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICTS Division 1: General Rules for Low Density Residential Land Use Districts). But also on the city site it states

Fines for violations of these regulations on public property range between $50 and $100.
    Where your driveway is private property... and then I can't find any reference for parking in driveways in any other city material.
    -U

Bus #17 to Ramsay 8:37 late today and yesterday meaning my son is late for school. Can you look at changing the schedule to 10 min earlier so he is on time?

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

This is awesome.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

the dildo sighting thread should've gone to 311 I guess, since the City cleaned this one up, NSFW for some but safe enough for the 311 website:

http://spot311.calgary.ca/reports/14-00183093

Originally posted by FraserB

The people using the 311 app for nonsense are the stay at home moms like Kritafo with nothing better to do than stick their nose in other people's business.

It's the same kind of person that complains to condo boards about dirty vehicles in the parking lot or submits a complaint to the CPA that I'm parking in front of my own driveway and violating the 1.5m rule.
    Not necessarily so - my first use of the 311 app was to report a stretch of street lights out on the 32nd Ave NE connector by the Spring Gardens transit bus barns, filed report, and work order was issued and they're working now.

Maybe that is sticking my nose in pother people's business but I see it as a useful tool to get some CoC stuff hopefully fixed except for the potholes and frost heaves on McKnight NE - they'll be around long after I'm pushing up daisies.

WTF - they bought the house with a big, red fire hydrant at the front - it's not like it should've been a surprise to them; 311 report link.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Most of those trailers are small and not bothering anything IMO.
    Full size travel trailers are "large", whether they are "small" ones or not.

They look ugly as shit as well in front of a house. I completely understand why people would get irritated with 50 of those things on their block. When people used to have alleys (which is apparently not a thing in most new subdivisions), they'd park them in their backyard.

People who park a trailer on their driveway are the kind of people who have their garage full of everything besides cars/motorcycles/snowmobiles/quads.

After reading quite a few threads on beyond, I can now see why HOA's are so popular in the US. I shouldn't even be one to talk, owning 5 vehicles, but I rent a garage elsewhere and/or hide them out back at least. You all sound like the kind of people who'd park cars on the grass if you could get away with it

Another WTF - dusty gravel road, link.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by speedog

Not necessarily so - my first use of the 311 app was to report a stretch of street lights out on the 32nd Ave NE connector by the Spring Gardens transit bus barns, filed report, and work order was issued and they're working now.

Maybe that is sticking my nose in pother people's business but I see it as a useful tool to get some CoC stuff hopefully fixed except for the potholes and frost heaves on McKnight NE - they'll be around long after I'm pushing up daisies.
    That's a pretty legitimate use, and probably what he city actually had in mind when they put this up. Not for people to be ratting out the whole south end for dumb violations out of spite or using the app to bitch about having to ride a crowded Ctrain.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's interesting that most of the submissions are on iPhones. I dunno if that means there are more iPhones out there than Android, or if iPhone users are just nosy neighbors haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Full size travel trailers are "large", whether they are "small" ones or not.

They look ugly as shit as well in front of a house. I completely understand why people would get irritated with 50 of those things on their block. When people used to have alleys (which is apparently not a thing in most new subdivisions), they'd park them in their backyard.

People who park a trailer on their driveway are the kind of people who have their garage full of everything besides cars/motorcycles/snowmobiles/quads.

After reading quite a few threads on beyond, I can now see why HOA's are so popular in the US. I shouldn't even be one to talk, owning 5 vehicles, but I rent a garage elsewhere and/or hide them out back at least. You all sound like the kind of people who'd park cars on the grass if you could get away with it
    Hey guys, I found the Evergreen trailer-hater.

Originally posted by Unknown303
    There is a section somewhere mentioning not being able to park in the driveway for more than 24 hours (PART 5: LOW DENSITY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICTS Division 1: General Rules for Low Density Residential Land Use Districts). But also on the city site it states

Where your driveway is private property... and then I can't find any reference for parking in driveways in any other city material.
    Some information from a couple of CoC guides...
    • Dilapidated vehicles are prohibited anywhere on private property unless housed inside a building.
    • Recreational vehicles (RVs) registered to a city of Calgary address can be parked on the street directly adjoining the owner’s or driver’s residence for up to 36 consecutive hours. At this point, the RV must be moved to an off-street location for at least 48 consecutive hours before it can be parked back on the street.
    • RVs include motor homes, campers, travel trailers and tent trailers.
    • RVs are not allowed to be parked on the front portion of the property or the front driveway for longer than 24 hours (Land Use Bylaw 1P2007).
    • No trailer or detachable camping accommodation can be left on a street or alley if not connected to a vehicle.
    • Utility trailers are not allowed to be parked on the front portion of the property or the front driveway, except while being loaded or unloaded (Land Use Bylaw 1P2007).
    • While parked on the street, RVs should be parked in a manner that is safe for anyone using the street.
    From these documents - Activities on and around your Property and Good Neighbour Practices Reference Guide

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by speedog

Some information from a couple of CoC guides...
    • Dilapidated vehicles are prohibited anywhere on private property unless housed inside a building.
    • Recreational vehicles (RVs) registered to a city of Calgary address can be parked on the street directly adjoining the owner’s or driver’s residence for up to 36 consecutive hours. At this point, the RV must be moved to an off-street location for at least 48 consecutive hours before it can be parked back on the street.
    • RVs are not allowed to be parked on the front portion of the property or the front driveway for longer than 24 hours (Land Use Bylaw 1P2007).
    • No trailer or detachable camping accommodation can be left on a street or alley if not connected to a vehicle.
    • Utility trailers are not allowed to be parked on the front portion of the property or the front driveway, except while being loaded or unloaded (Land Use Bylaw 1P2007).
    • While parked on the street, RVs should be parked in a manner that is safe for anyone using the street.
    From these documents - Activities on and around your Property and Good Neighbour Practices Reference Guide
    Yup saw all that. But it says you'll get ticketed for parking on public property.
    -U

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast