Quantcast
Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader. - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Ouch... She is not a fan of him at all.

Former 'Dragon' weighs in on Kevin O'Leary's bid to become Conservative leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWX7ZYl-pQ
    Last edited by OTown; 01-19-2017 at 12:48 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Tenkara Way

With that logic
    The logic that someone's popularity directly influences who and how many people will cast a vote for that person?

Anyone that thinks otherwise is ridiculous. If Beiber ran on a mediocre platform that was maybe 25% actual policy, he absolutely would get a ton of votes. Shit, he could run on a legalize weed platform and he'd be in the running.

Don't kid yourself. You also need to recognize that people don't vote on policy, they vote on whether they believe the person is like themselves. This is reflected in policy, but its more based on "this person thinks like me, therefore, they will enact policies that I agree with".

O'Leary slams Trudeau, the carbon tax, and the incompetence of previous leaders to get Alberta's oil to market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw-zp--4ew0

So he wants to be PM and won't be anything less. Basically like Prentice who couldn't stand to spend a day not as Premier, by-election costs be damned.

Slamming Harper, trying to focus on young people, and not wanting to serve your constituents isn't really the path to success for the grassroots Conservative supporters.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    O'Leary slams Trudeau, the carbon tax, and the incompetence of previous leaders to get Alberta's oil to market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw-zp--4ew0

Pretty uncanny how similar a lot of his phrases parallel trump. He says a lot of nice things, nothing groundbreaking though, nothing that hasn't been proposed before. I think he'll quickly find out if he gets in that like trump's promises, they are just words. A country is an infinitely complex machine, saying you can do what no one before you has been able to accomplish is nice but shows how naive and ignorant you are...

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Also O'Leary has 200k likes on facebook. And he isn't even running for PM yet. JT has 3.6 mil. So a ways to go for sure, but he has what, 2-3 years?

Doable.
    If that guy gets 3 million likes, Ill walk into work and drink a litre of used oil.

He has no charisma, is unlikable, and would have to move back to Canada from Boston to be taken seriously

There is zero in common with Trump. Trump is actually intelligent, a business success, and likeable.

I pray Oleary doesn't become the leader of the Pcs as it will guarantee a Trudeau second term.

Originally posted by Gestalt

If that guy gets 3 million likes, Ill walk into work and drink a litre of used oil.

He has no charisma, is unlikable, and would have to move back to Canada from Boston to be taken seriously

There is zero in common with Trump. Trump is actually intelligent, a business success, and likeable.

I pray Oleary doesn't become the leader of the Pcs as it will guarantee a Trudeau second term.
    Hold on, did you just say trump is likeable?

You think trump is a bigger success then K. O'Leary?

oh boy.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by R154

oh boy.
    I've been noticing this in your posts lately.... It's THAN!!!!!

I god damn knew it. I didn't autocorrect.

I just wanted to be first to quote it.

I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

oh boy.
    Trump is an amazing man, olearly is like those old movies where the parents kept the hideous handicaped kid locked up in the basement, and then he got out.

Comparing Oleary to trump is ridiculous.

oh boy.
    Trump is incredibly likeable if you agree with him, and at this point in politics if your candidate will be a prick to his enemies that's often half the charm. Especially amongst the anti-PC supporters

Trumps success is almost assuredly less than O'Learys, even if you believe the numbers Trump puts out there as estimates

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Default Re: Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader.

Probably the next PM as well.

My hope level for Canada just went from 0 to 100.
    I totally agree man, he will be Prime Minister, I too believe Canada has it in us to elect a tv celebrity and incredible business man just like the US. Kevin O'Leary is gonna make Canada great again!!

Default Re: Re: Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader.

Originally posted by Gestalt

Trump is an amazing man, olearly is like those old movies where the parents kept the hideous handicaped kid locked up in the basement, and then he got out.

Comparing Oleary to trump is ridiculous.
    You're right. It's ridiculous to think trump is an intellectual or business match for Kevin O'Leary. Whether by luck or by design Kevin O'Leary has actually had the success he says he has. I grant you that he does come off as a giant knob. Further to that point, I really don't believe him to be the appropriate successor to the cpc throne.

Originally posted by Antonito
    Trump is incredibly likeable if you agree with him, and at this point in politics if your candidate will be a prick to his enemies that's often half the charm. Especially amongst the anti-PC supporters

Trumps success is almost assuredly less than O'Learys, even if you believe the numbers Trump puts out there as estimates
    Very interesting point of view. Never considered the polarizing condition that could make one "likeable". My own opinions have thwarted my inclinations towards the man.

Originally posted by sxtasy

I totally agree man, he will be Prime Minister, I too believe Canada has it in us to elect a tv celebrity and incredible business man just like the US. Kevin O'Leary is gonna make Canada great again!!
    Absolutely nailed it.

Join me.

You must have missed olearys intellectual ability on jeopardy.

Not smart. No Charisma. Trump has been a household name for decades. If Oleary wasnt on Dragons Den, no one would know his name.

Default Re: Re: Re: Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader.

Originally posted by sxtasy

Absolutely nailed it.
    So both of you are saying that a tv celebrity or incredible business man, can't be a good politician.

What about a drama teacher?
    Last edited by Seth1968; 01-19-2017 at 10:05 PM.

I really question the validity of your metrics & opinions when you reference tv and media engagements as a standard for judging intelligence or capability.

Just because Stephen Harper had the personality of a cardboard box didn't make him a bad leader. In fact he was a very good leader.

I don't judge Kevin O'Leary for how he conducts himself on jeopardy, rather, his performance in his specific areas of expertise and how that could benefit our country. I state for the record that I would still not want to see him in a PM role for a multitude of reasons.

Donald trump might be a household name; however, it's for all the wrong reasons. Always has been. He's been clowned on for decades. Well before he was a president.

Join me.

I really question the validity of your metrics & opinions when you reference tv and media engagements as a standard for judging intelligence or capability.
    Is that not what you just did when agreeing with sxtasy?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader.

So both of are saying that a tv celebrity or incredible business man, can't be a good politician.

What about a drama teacher?
    In this case, not this specific tv celebrity.

If Brett Wilson were healthy and interested... All the way.

Shit, Peter Mansbridge. All day.

Hell I'd take Jim Carey.

Kevin O'Leary is not someone who would help the party to coalesce internally or with the other minority govt. The point is, he would find himself in continuous battle that would grind us to a halt. Our PM has a function that is way more integral to our vested success WRT the dog and pony show down south. We need a firm hand and a cool head to finesse the controls not bash about and thrash with ego and pride.

I don't like JT as a public figure, but I can't argue that atleast his party stands behind him. I think he makes some inappropriate gestures, but the younger public is becoming more engaged.

I do not believe the cpc would fall inline with Kevin O'Leary.

Join me.

Is that not what you just did when agreeing with sxtasy?
    I agreed with the sarcasm in his post and the subtle likening between Kevin O'Leary and Donald Trumps tactics in making statements with no tangible or ethical way to make it a reality.

It doesn't help that he (Kevin O'Leary) is attempting to build a movement around an area of industry that only us Albertans and some in Sask / parts of Newfoundland will vote for. Not to mention the growing ecological movement that is already making us seem like pariahs.

The large urban centers will decimate any successful vote pandering that he gets from us.

Join me.

Originally posted by Antonito

The one advantage I'd give O'Leary over trump in terms of business sense is that he is self made. From my research he doesn't seem to have been brought up in money so he at least has the experience of starting from the bottom. O'Leary wasn't given millions so he couldn't take the same risks someone like trump could and hopefully understands that better than trump. This is exactly what Canada will be doing coming out of this recession. We won't have the ability to take on high risk projects and investments.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast