Quantcast
cps allegedly beat up old man in traffic stop - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: cps allegedly beat up old man in traffic stop

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by jabjab
    The sad thing is that NOTHING will happen. They will come up with a way of saying that it was justified. That is what happens when the police do an investigation on its own people. The system is messed. This has been happening for years.

I sincerely hope the cops that did this get fired and not just on a paid leave and this guy gets some sort of compensation for this.
    Case closed guys.

Jabjab has review the in car video, listened to all the recordings, interviewed the witnesses and used his extensive law enforcement experience to draw a conclusion
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Seems to me there might have been a struggle in the car, and police might say he was trying to flee. Reasons being:

1) He says he put the car in neutral. Why wouldn't he just say he pulled over, and why would he put it in neutral and not in park?

2) He says his foot got stuck in the peddles.

3) He says the engine was revving.

1. What if his car was a manual transmission with no park?

2. If his car was manual he had three pedals down there, not sure how this went down but definitely plausible.

3. With his injuries I'm sure CPS wasn't nice about getting him out of the car, could easily happened while the perp was being helped out of the vehicle lol.

Originally posted by FraserB

Case closed guys.

Jabjab has review the in car video, listened to all the recordings, interviewed the witnesses and used his extensive law enforcement experience to draw a conclusion
    and FraserB thinks that the old man must have said something or done something to piss of the Cops and if you piss off Cops and they can't control their anger its ok to get a beat down like this.

He wasn't found to have done anything criminally due to the lack of charges but hey, he must have done SOMETHING to get beat up. Lets start looking for things to justify it.

0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Originally posted by infamous

1. What if his car was a manual transmission with no park?

2. If his car was manual he had three pedals down there, not sure how this went down but definitely plausible.

3. With his injuries I'm sure CPS wasn't nice about getting him out of the car, could easily happened while the perp was being helped out of the vehicle lol.
    That's why I started that post with, "there might...".

Bottom line, the guy makes a point of all that, and it's probably because there was a struggle in the car and/or he was trying to flee.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

and FraserB thinks that the old man must have said something or done something to piss of the Cops and if you piss off Cops and they can't control their anger its ok to get a beat down like this.

He wasn't found to have done anything criminally due to the lack of charges but hey, he must have done SOMETHING to get beat up. Lets start looking for things to justify it.
    There hasn't been an investigation yet and aside from a short statement from CPS, the only story we have is from someone who was known to police, under investigation by ALERT and in the process of being arrested when the alleged assault occurred.

Would make sense to at least wait for ASIRT to investigate before saying the cops should be fired.

Originally posted by FraserB

There hasn't been an investigation yet and aside from a short statement from CPS, the only story we have is from someone who was known to police, under investigation by ALERT and in the process of being arrested when the alleged assault occurred.

Would make sense to at least wait for ASIRT to investigate before saying the cops should be fired.
    My point is that the ASIRT will not find evidence that the police did anything wrong. The investigation will be flawed before it even begins. I just don't see how its appropriate police behavior to cause that much damage to an old mans face when he wasn't found to be criminally responsible for anything. Someone of that age probably could be fatally injured by getting hit with blows like that and for what?

I just don't see how its appropriate police behavior to cause that much damage to an old mans face when he wasn't found to be criminally responsible for anything. Someone of that age probably could be fatally injured by getting hit with blows like that and for what?
    Agreed.

It's hard to imagine "another side of the story" that's going to justify such a beating on 120lb old fragile man.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Damn that guy got his ass beat.

Originally posted by rx7boi
    Damn that guy got his ass beat.
    Nice ninja edit to flip flop.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

My point is that the ASIRT will not find evidence that the police did anything wrong. The investigation will be flawed before it even begins. I just don't see how its appropriate police behavior to cause that much damage to an old mans face when he wasn't found to be criminally responsible for anything. Someone of that age probably could be fatally injured by getting hit with blows like that and for what?
    He was released without charges, not "wasn't found to be criminally responsible for anything". Big difference.

Again, there is no evidence that has been released and no investigation. Unless you feel the cops should be charged/fired based only on the word of someone who might have a reason to spin the encounter.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Nice ninja edit to flip flop.
    Flip flop what? I haven't given an opinion on the matter yet but unlike you, douchey mccunt, I don't constantly validate myself by commenting on everything. I don't need to run shit by you, least of all deciding what I want to post or not post. You probably didn't even catch what I wrote before you got on your high horse accusing me of a ninja edit My point wasn't to say whether or not his injuries were justified but to imply that simply assuming everything will be swept under the rug right away isn't the way things work.

But since you called me out, I'll post what I was originally going to direct at jabjab:

And if ASIRT does find evidence of police wrongdoing, what are you going to say?

" I guess they finally did their job right for once."

If nothing happens, you'll assume it's the old boys club at play and if something happens, it won't change your view of investigatory bodies.

Nothing's ever good enough, apparently.

the guy wasnt charged with anything yet the cops are justified for beating the guy? I must be missing something. If he wasnt stopping or complying you could charge him with something. All these hypotheticals of the guy doing something to be beat would be plausible if he was charged with something.

Its just one guys allegations but the facts that are known dont put cps in a good light. CPS's carefully crafted response seems like it was released to dismiss the guys credibility almost as though theres an excuse for beating someone who wasnt charged with a crime.

Originally posted by gwill
    the guy wasnt charged with anything yet the cops are justified for beating the guy? I must be missing something. If he wasnt stopping or complying you could charge him with something. All these hypotheticals of the guy doing something to be beat would be plausible if he was charged with something.

Its just one guys allegations but the facts that are known dont put cps in a good light. CPS's carefully crafted response seems like it was released to dismiss the guys credibility almost as though theres an excuse for beating someone who wasnt charged with a crime.
    It would appear that the injuries were sustained during the effecting of an arrest. Arrests require subjective and objective grounds, and do not always result in charges being laid, which require sufficient investigation and the presentation of evidence. It's conceivable that grounds for the arrest existed, but not enough evidence for the laying of charges. In all, it's unfortunate that the poor fellow suffered the injuries that he did.

Agreed.

It's hard to imagine "another side of the story" that's going to justify such a beating on 120lb old fragile man.
    Maybe he had his ass beat just before he was pulled over? Maybe while being restrained he kept hitting his own head on the ground. Maybe while in the car he was banging his head on the glass. Maybe he bruises super easy from some meds he takes and on and on and on.

cps released a statement confirming theyre members will use justifiable force on their arrests. This isnt someone who hurt himself or made up a fake arrest story or cps would have said that. The only thing not confirmed is what type of force cps justifies during an arrest where no charges get laid.

If the guy resisted arrest then charge him for that. Was an officers life in danger? Then charge him approrpriately. Neither happened so its rather confusing how you justify the guys severe head trauma.

Then charge him approrpriately. Neither happened so its rather confusing how you justify the guys severe head trauma.
    Did you even read VTEXTC's post
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Agreed.

Just for the record, the worst beating I ever got was from a guy that was like a buck 20, and I was like double his weight in pretty decent shape.

I find the little fuckers are wirey and fast. Can get out of damn near any hold you try to put them in.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

cps released a statement confirming theyre members will use justifiable force on their arrests. This isnt someone who hurt himself or made up a fake arrest story or cps would have said that. The only thing not confirmed is what type of force cps justifies during an arrest where no charges get laid.

If the guy resisted arrest then charge him for that. Was an officers life in danger? Then charge him approrpriately. Neither happened so its rather confusing how you justify the guys severe head trauma.
    That isn't how it works. You don't charge people after the fact to justify an arrest, whether force was used or not. That's incredibly backwards and simply not how it works. Others have explained it to you already, so I'm not going to expand on it - VTEXTC's post did that quite well.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by phil98z24

That isn't how it works. You don't charge people after the fact to justify an arrest, whether force was used or not. That's incredibly backwards and simply not how it works. Others have explained it to you already, so I'm not going to expand on it - VTEXTC's post did that quite well.
    Don't even try Phil. You keep getting baited by the same idiots over and over. You are getting jaded over it, and I miss having the CPS around more often answering random questions.

I don't want to see you fade away like Dayglow and party.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast