Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread)

Author
Thread
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Darkane
Nothing you said is wrong except even at our elevation I don't see a 370Z being walked by a stock STi - from a roll.

Since I like fact, here's some more fuel for the troll parade:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/tested...n-fiber-wheels/

Based on that, the 30-130 time dropped 1.2 seconds because of the lighter wheels. Incidentally, Hallowed's wheels are almost EXACTLY the same amount of rotational mass drop. So based on my previous post of the accord actually beating an STi to 120mph by 0.1 seconds, we can now increase that gap to potentially over a full second faster to 120mph.

Discuss. Hahah.

I'd post some vids off fb, but I don't need SWAT showing up at my house. I can't get over the fact that a stock Camry V6 put's up a better fight from a roll.

Sugarphreak's Q5 is damn nice!! Looks almost like a model car from that angle with those white wheels and bluish lights

The STi could not get past my bumper. No matter what speed we ran from.

I did park @ Chinook for Fate of the furious, but that fellow race car Accord clearly does not have the 18.6 LB 2014 STi stomper wheel set.

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 04-24-2017 at 06:02 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-24-2017 02:51 PM
Hallowed_point is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

What I'd really like to see is an Accord with the J35y4 swap. That was the original base for the nsx in 2012. That engine made its way into the RLX fwd and makes 310/272.

The DI and ecu/fueling would be the issues.

Hallowed have you looked into the J37 intake manifold and TB upgrade? Cheap power. Get a flashpro tune and you'll see some big gains. 280+ whp I've seen.

Hell build a J37 bottom end for 320+

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Old Post 04-24-2017 08:14 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

What I'd really like to see is an Accord with the J35y4 swap. That was the original base for the nsx in 2012. That engine made its way into the RLX fwd and makes 310/272.

The DI and ecu/fueling would be the issues.

Hallowed have you looked into the J37 intake manifold and TB upgrade? Cheap power. Get a flashpro tune and you'll see some big gains. 280+ whp I've seen.

Hell build a J37 bottom end for 320+

No doubt..that would be mental.

I have. Considering doing it. I'm on the fence with a flashpro tune though. It sure woke up my 09 Si with the lower crossover and increase in low end torque. But on the V6, it seems that the gains are quite minimal without HFPC,, rv6 long tube j pipe , intake and exhaust. I mainly want to add a little more volume. The borla axle back sounds incredible imo. I never bought this car with the intention of modifying it much (famous last words..)

It's sure a lot more fun to drive with traction control and eco mode off. It does wicked FWD burnouts.

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 04-24-2017 at 08:34 PM

Old Post 04-24-2017 08:31 PM
Hallowed_point is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Hallowed is that you in the video with your pipes out?

Old Post 04-24-2017 08:57 PM
riander5 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by riander5
Hallowed is that you in the video with your pipes out?

I'm not brown

Old Post 04-24-2017 09:43 PM
90_Shelby
First Gear

What I drive: Volvo, V-Wagon

quote:

Fuel to the fire:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.roada...aru-wrx-vs-sti/

According to that article VS car and drivers accord results, the accord reaches 120mph 0.1 seconds quicker than the STi.

Also Mexiokanagon (depending where in the valley) can be 800-900ft elevation.

I CAN see the accord keeping a stock STi right on the fender.

Something else funny: a stock STi does 5-60 in 7 seconds. Hallowed's car does 5-60 in 6 seconds. Trollololol.

This one raised some eyebrows for me. Interesting! I think my money's on the Accord from a roll vs the STI.

On that note, I ran an S4 from a dig with my XC60 recently and I was very confused when I jumped him by half a car and held him there until we hit traffic at ~60km/hr. He gave me the thumbs up so I believe he was trying but maybe he had a stick and couldn't grab gears or bogged? Further to this confusion the S4 should 0-60 1 second faster then my SUV. I have no doubts that an S4 would pull if we kept going or if we went from a roll but I'm still curious about how I jumped him from a dig. It doesn't make sense. Maybe he put V6T and S4 badges on his A4?

I would love to have a go with another one to see what the deal was, the above results make no sense. The Volvo has 325hp, 354ft-lbs weighs 4250 lbs. S4 has 333hp, 325 ft-lbs and weighs 3814 lbs.

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:58 AM
90_Shelby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 90_Shelby Click here to Send 90_Shelby a Private Message Find more posts by 90_Shelby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sentry
Third Gear

What I drive: E39 540it, E39 M5, EM1
Posts/Day: 0.83
Trader Rating: (20)

quote:

Suddenly out of nowhere, an 18 year old automatic wagon with a $240 nitrous kit appears to shit on the Accord, and the STI, and the Golf R.

I WILL be taking the wagon to get a time slip, because I think when it's set to kill it's faster than my M5 was stock. I intend to find out, for science.

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:50 AM
Sentry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sentry Click here to Send Sentry a Private Message Find more posts by Sentry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

This is turning out to be such a great thread

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:58 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My_name_is_Rob
Neutral

What I drive: 1wd, 2wd, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.06

quote:

Originally posted by Sentry
Suddenly out of nowhere, an 18 year old automatic wagon with a $240 nitrous kit appears to shit on the Accord, and the STI, and the Golf R.

Old Post 04-25-2017 06:17 AM
My_name_is_Rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My_name_is_Rob Click here to Send My_name_is_Rob a Private Message Find more posts by My_name_is_Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sentry
Third Gear

What I drive: E39 540it, E39 M5, EM1
Posts/Day: 0.83
Trader Rating: (20)

quote:

ITT

Old Post 04-25-2017 06:41 AM
Sentry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sentry Click here to Send Sentry a Private Message Find more posts by Sentry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skyline_Addict
Third Gear

What I drive: Wannabe Skyline x2, Wannabe 911 GT3
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

Come on, HP. You got fact checked so many times and keep back peddling.

Just race. Like you said you would. I want to see it. As does everyone else in this thread.

You issued. a challenge and it got accepted. Man up.

Old Post 04-25-2017 08:18 AM
Skyline_Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skyline_Addict Click here to Send Skyline_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Skyline_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by 90_Shelby

This one raised some eyebrows for me. Interesting! I think my money's on the Accord from a roll vs the STI.

On that note, I ran an S4 from a dig with my XC60 recently and I was very confused when I jumped him by half a car and held him there until we hit traffic at ~60km/hr. He gave me the thumbs up so I believe he was trying but maybe he had a stick and couldn't grab gears or bogged? Further to this confusion the S4 should 0-60 1 second faster then my SUV. I have no doubts that an S4 would pull if we kept going or if we went from a roll but I'm still curious about how I jumped him from a dig. It doesn't make sense. Maybe he put V6T and S4 badges on his A4?

I would love to have a go with another one to see what the deal was, the above results make no sense. The Volvo has 325hp, 354ft-lbs weighs 4250 lbs. S4 has 333hp, 325 ft-lbs and weighs 3814 lbs.

I believe it. Some of those volvo's are quite fast. I had a run in with one when I had my Z28 and it took 3rd gear to pass that crazy yoga mom. Granted, it was winter and she had a major traction advantage. Also a lot of people don't know where to shift and what rpm to "launch" at.

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:03 PM
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Come on, HP. You got fact checked so many times and keep back peddling.

Just race. Like you said you would. I want to see it. As does everyone else in this thread.

You issued. a challenge and it got accepted. Man up.

Fact checked? As in Darkane stating that my Accord has a faster 5-60 stock than an STI never mind with my k&n racing filters and light wheels?

I posted a good selection of youtube videos in the prior posts which tells the story without two people wasting their time and money.

I'm ready and down anytime Konj happens to end up on 22X. I'm not wasting my time and money to drive to Edmonton (can't stand that city) for what I can do for free.

2013 Accord V6 EX-L Coupe 6 speed (Car & Driver)

Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 6.0 sec

Standing -mile: 14.0 sec @ 103 mph

(Car & Driver)
2015 Subaru WRX STI

Rolling Start, 560 MPH

Quarter-Mile

13.3 seconds @ 102.8 mph

So from a roll, it's a pretty easy win. Which is what has happened already. I never claimed to be able to out 60 foot an STI (provided the dude knows how to drive) I tried to humor him as apparently Mexico isn't on the menu.

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 04-25-2017 at 03:34 PM

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:06 PM
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

I'm not brown

He's not brown, he's persian bro. BROOOO

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:37 PM
riander5 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.75
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

alright amigo, race wars is officially on for 2017. Looks like street legals are on for April.28

I'm in Calgary , but I think I can make it work. If not the Friday, the 29th would be much easier instead of driving up after work.

Not sure why you would post that. Anyways, how about April.29th?

Agree on beyond.ca Castol night. All the shit talkers can race. Winner gets the respect.

Who said anything about street racing?

and now:

I'm ready and down anytime Konj happens to end up on 22X. I'm not wasting my time and money to drive to Edmonton (can't stand that city) for what I can do for free.

Quotes are self-explanatory.

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:48 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

It will be free. You conveniently chose to ignore this post:

Originally posted by rage2

How about I front the gas money? Me and buh_buh also have a score to settle with the GLA v Golf R. Double main event.

Plus, you don't have to go to edmonton. Castrol is South of edmonton.

You don't have anymore excuses.

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:54 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by benyl

It will be free. You conveniently chose to ignore this post:

Plus, you don't have to go to edmonton. Castrol is South of edmonton.

You don't have anymore excuses.

I didn't conveniently ignore that part. That was a nice offer. Just watch the youtube videos and enjoy. Or if tubby pops up in this thread, you can ask him. His car looked a lot like this.

Attachment: sti.jpg

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:04 PM
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by riander5
He's not brown, he's persian bro. BROOOO

Didn't you used to own one of these 05-10 GT's? Your fast car. Well, I added that one to kill list recently too What's the 0-60 on that is250? 9 seconds?

Attachment: 2005-09_ford_mustang_gt_convertible_(sterling_ford).jpg

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:56 PM
never
FKA no|uno

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.15
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I have an 80s sedan you can race in a couple of weeks. Should be fair because it has a racing filter and lighter wheels too. But it might not have enough for the Accord...stock it runs 0- 60 mph in 11.9 and the 1/4 in 18.6.

Old Post 04-25-2017 05:10 PM
never is online now Click Here to See the Profile for never Click here to Send never a Private Message Find more posts by never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by never
I have an 80s sedan you can race in a couple of weeks. Should be fair because it has a racing filter and lighter wheels too. But it might not have enough for the Accord...stock it runs 0- 60 mph in 11.9 and the 1/4 in 18.6.

Yeah , stock. Not with one of these inside it though.

Attachment: ls.jpg

Old Post 04-25-2017 05:31 PM
The time now is 05:32 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: