Quantcast
VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines.

My Ride
    TDi

shit I have a 2015 jetta tdi. How does this affect me?
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by killramos
    So anyone come up with a way to get a cheap low ball touareg TDI from the US up to here ( where it passes regs) since they cant be sold there?

Touareg R Line TDI for sub 50 k because of VW's oops. Sign me up! I doubt the dealers want to have their lots full of TDI's that they cant sell?

edit: Anyone else notice that Touaregs don't come in Diesel in Canada anymore ( just checked their website)

Actually it looks like they broke most of their links to TDI vehicles in Canada to. Does VWAG think that the EPA has jurisdiction in this country
    Lol, Touaregs in Canada come in diesel all right. VW pulled all diesel version of their vehicles from their website this weekend. Try finding a TDI Golf or Jetta and see what happens haha.

It's odd they pulled the Touareg though as the engine in that is not affected by this as far as I know. Only the 2.0 TDI is?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by 403ep3
    shit I have a 2015 jetta tdi. How does this affect me?
    Well i would imagine that the epa ruling means dick all to you as a canadian, recall may never make it here. But you could join a class action against them for lieing to you about your vehicles emissions.

Originally posted by Aleks

Lol, Touaregs in Canada come in diesel all right.
    Lol i know that they at least did i was just surprised to see the TDI engine pulled off the configurator. From further investigation they pulled every TDI link on the canadian website yea.

I just wanted to see what a Touareg spec'd the way i would like costs to i could estimate what a lowball pickup from Montana might cost haha.
    Last edited by killramos; 09-21-2015 at 07:52 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    TDi

Well i would imagine that the epa ruling means dick all to you as a canadian, recall may never make it here. But you could join a class action against them for lieing to you about your vehicles emissions.

Yeah, that's what I thought. If there is a class action I'm all for it! Haven't had the best experience to start off my VW experience and this adds on to it
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride

Originally posted by 403ep3

Yeah, that's what I thought. If there is a class action I'm all for it! Haven't had the best experience to start off my VW experience and this adds on to it
    This will affect Canada no doubt. You will likely have to go in for a "fix" and VW will have to reimburse you if the fix causes loss of performance power and or fuel econ wise.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Actually it looks like they broke most of their links to TDI vehicles in Canada to. Does VWAG think that the EPA has jurisdiction in this country
    All TDI related material in North America, youtube and all has been pulled.

Because lawyers.

There will be class action lawsuits coming every which way from health to performance to misrepresentation reasons.

VW is going to lose a billion dollar over this.

I just wanted to see what a Touareg spec'd the way i would like costs to i could estimate what a lowball pickup from Montana might cost haha.
    Starting at $68k Canadian according to carcostcanada. Not something VW will stock anyway. I doubt anyone what to spend that much on a VW badge.

This will affect Canada no doubt. You will likely have to go in for a "fix" and VW will have to reimburse you if the fix causes loss of performance power and or fuel econ wise.
    Hyundai/Kia fuel consumption class action cost them $46M in Canada in reimbursements. And that's without a recall on mechanical work.

The best angle I love on this one is that car manufacturers are trying to locks consumers out via DCMA and other copyright laws. This is definitely something that shows it cannot happen for most consumer products.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-21-2015 at 08:32 AM.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

^ they have lots of loaded diesel Touaregs on the lots. And just shy of $70K is loaded. I have been wanting to buy one but was waiting for 2016 models to come in. I hope there is some fallout and I can pick up a deal on this.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Xtrema

Not something VW will stock anyway. I doubt anyone what to spend that much on a VW badge.
    There are 3 in stock at the first dealer i looked at in Calgary

http://www.fifthavevw.com/new-volksw...reg-calgary-ab

2 of them are R line package as well.

Same vehicle underneath as a Cayenne, imo they are also nicer than X5's ( at least of the last gen they competed with as they haven't been refreshed ).

They are well worth the money imo.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Didn't 2016 landed in Apr, making these 2015 REALLY old stock?

Not really my cup of tea but sign me up for one if they take $20K off.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Didn't 2016 landed in Apr, making these 2015 REALLY old stock?
    Nope, they are just arriving. Most first drive reviews were in mid august.

You seem to be making alot of incorrect comments on these, you sure you know anything about them

They are also available on 0% financing for 72 mo in the US. Hmmmmmmm.

fact.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I wonder how high up this was known in the VW hierarchy? Pretty ballsy to blatantly falsify the emissions of your cars in this day and age. Not just that they lied but the sneaky way they went around it.

My Ride
    TDi

Subscribed to this thread! Making sure I have all the information I need for whatever happens next
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There is no mandatory recall rules in Canada. Transport Canada pretty much has zero say on anything here. Car manufacturers only recall stuff that they feel like, it's all voluntary in Canada. They're trying to change that though.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0YN2AY20150601

Big stuff that makes the news, such as Takata airbags, or this cheating issue will get recalls. VW is planning for this, that's why they removed all the links from the Canadian sites. Small stuff that doesn't make the news such as Mini timing chain flaw that blows up engines won't get them up here because it's small news and costs them a lot of money. It's ridiculous.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Don't something like 10% of the cars on the road create 80% of the pollution? I don't remember the exact statistic. Maybe they can use this $18B to get some of the cars spewing enormous clouds of blue smoke off the road.

Bit of a fail for VW though haha. Smart while it lasted I guess. I'm surprised they would even risk it with a potential fine that significant.

My Ride

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Don't something like 10% of the cars on the road create 80% of the pollution? I don't remember the exact statistic. Maybe they can use this $18B to get some of the cars spewing enormous clouds of blue smoke off the road.

Bit of a fail for VW though haha. Smart while it lasted I guess. I'm surprised they would even risk it with a potential fine that significant.
    I don't know how we are every truly going to curb emissions when pickup trucks are the highest volume sellers in North America.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by heavyD
    I wonder how high up this was known in the VW hierarchy? Pretty ballsy to blatantly falsify the emissions of your cars in this day and age. Not just that they lied but the sneaky way they went around it.
    It's guaranteed to be pretty much all the way to the top - no way a huge decision like that will be decided by anyone but the top dogs. Winterkorn wasn't in charge when the decision was made, so even if he was aware that it was an ongoing thing, I'll bet he throws Peich under the bus to save his own skin.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I am just surprised that somewhere along the LONG VWAG line between the Top and the ECU programmer/engineering team not one person squealed. In this age of whistle blowers and environmentalists etc.

fact.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I was just thinking of buying a vw, this doesn't change anything for me, except the price

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

VW Canada issues stop sale. Environment Canada investigates.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/volk...ging-1.3236548

We're always so slow to the party.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast