Quantcast
2016 Infiniti Q50S TT 400HP - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Infiniti Q50S TT 400HP

My Ride
    something green

Japanese automotive styling has gotten pretty grotesque.
    Too loud for Aspen

Default Re: Re: Re: 2016 Infiniti Q50S TT 400HP

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    NC1

Yup I think it suits you Bradley.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    S14|TB1

They had the base model 2.0L Merc Turbo at the car show and the Q60 was the 3.0L Turbo, but the salesman didn't have any prices on any of the new powerplant versions.

Anyone own a G37 sedan and looked at the Q50's trunk space? Is it less than the G? Seemed like the trunk was the smallest vs all the other midsized luxury sedans I looked at.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by Maxt
    it's not great but it's nowhere near as bad as the new Lexus cars. those guys are putting out some of the most horrendously ugly vehicles to ever hit the road, and for some reason they seem to be selling quite well

My Ride
    Bicycle

Consider Infiniti is designed by an American with a design studio in London owned by French, in some cases carrying a German engine, Infiniti is as Japanese as California rolls.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-14-2016 at 03:28 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I have 2 used Infinitis on the lot, both for almost a year, ones a 2013 m37 and the other is a 2014 hybrid, I can't give them away lol. No one wants Infinitis
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by b_t

it's not great but it's nowhere near as bad as the new Lexus cars. those guys are putting out some of the most horrendously ugly vehicles to ever hit the road, and for some reason they seem to be selling quite well
    My in laws neighbor in Japan is a senior level exterior designer-aerodynamicist for Toyota. Everytime I see him he shows me models of the new Toyota and Lexus cars and asks me what I think of them. I be as diplomatic as I can be. I did like the LFA, so I kept the conversation on that car as much as I could.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Consider Infiniti is designed by an American with a design studio in London owned by French, in some cases carrying a German engine, Infiniti is as Japanese as California rolls.
    Somewhere in its point, probably some Japanese person signed off on it somewhere. But as whole, the entire Japanese car industry lacks the magic it had with the styling pen in the late 80's-early 90's...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by n1zm0

Anyone own a G37 sedan and looked at the Q50's trunk space? Is it less than the G? Seemed like the trunk was the smallest vs all the other midsized luxury sedans I looked at.
    Had a Q50 as a loaner, was amazed at how small the trunk it. Quite noticeably smaller than my G37, the Q50 has similar width and length but is quite a bit shallower.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I have 2 used Infinitis on the lot, both for almost a year, ones a 2013 m37 and the other is a 2014 hybrid, I can't give them away lol. No one wants Infinitis
    Those are also like 2 of the worst ones to sell. If they were G's or non hybrid Q you probably wouldn't have too much trouble selling them. Doesn't help that the M is kinda bloated looking.

I think Infiniti's are a harder sell outside of the Calgary area... people just don't appreciate them.... IMO anyway

And the M's are hard to sell regardless - similar to an Acura RL for example .. not sure why because in the used market they are really good value. The 2013 M37x Sport you have for sale was just over $65k + tax brand new prbly... now for almost 1/2 price with only 39k kms

All that being said, having previously owned an M, currently owning a QX60 and having extensively driven quite a few different models (FX, G37's); Infiniti's are not what they used to be. While my QX has a great interior look / quality / fit and finish, I hate that I hear the electric whine of the power steering pump, my door locks squeak once in a while (replaced under warranty), and I can hear the wiper motor occasionally... Not sure if I would buy an Infiniti again.

However the tech features in the QX60 are just impeccable and Infiniti tends to have a great intuitive interface system compared to others.

The best Infiniti I have ever owned was my 2006 M35x which I sold last year with 166k kms on the clock. My dad still has his 2007 FX35 that still drives like it was new. I had a 2015 Q50 AWD for a loaner once, and the touch screen was kinda slow, and the car didn't handle all that great especially with the electronic steering. Great interior still though.

I think Infiniti's have a lot of room for improvement and are slowly going to get there by 2020. They have added more sound insulation on the newer models as an example...

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I love my 2007 G35S, RWD model. The car has been flawless for almost 10 years now. Just over 158k on it now and zero problems.

I can't wait to test drive this new Q50S, it will be interesting to see how it performs.

I've never seen the new model all decked out, seems like nobody orders them with a spoiler.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Just test drove the new 2016 400HP Q50S. My old G on the left.

I was definitely impressed, especially for $62K fully loaded inc.GST.

Definitely considering pulling the trigger.

Test driving the new BMW 340M Sport tomorrow. But I have a feeling it will be way more money.

Some pics.

Last edited by 89coupe; 05-19-2016 at 07:09 PM.

My Ride
    is broken

Default Re: Re: 2016 Infiniti Q50S TT 400HP

Originally posted by Cos

Cars are money pits, save your money haha

But this is a car forum?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Just test drove the new 2016 400HP Q50S. My old G on the left.

I was definitely impressed, especially for $62K fully loaded inc.GST.

Definitely considering pulling the trigger.

Test driving the new BMW 340M Sport tomorrow. But I have a feeling it will be way more money.

Some pics.
    I think a reasonably loaded C450/340/S4 are only around $65k so the big increase in price (~$10k!) kind of kills the incentive the 3.7 had. Still can't price the infiniti out on the website though which is super good work by them.
    Q50 3.7 SPORT AWD, Deluxe Touring & Technology $51,750
    http://infinitinews.com/en-CA/infini...x70-luxury-suv

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by schocker

I think a reasonably loaded C450/340/S4 are only around $65k so the big increase in price (~$10k!) kind of kills the incentive the 3.7 had. Still can't price the infiniti out on the website though which is super good work by them.

http://infinitinews.com/en-CA/infini...x70-luxury-suv
    $65k full loaded tax included?

The Q50s with 400hp is only $62k fully loaded all taxes included.

Do any of the other cars in this price range make 400hp?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Really? I think the Q50 is a sharp looking car. Better looking than my M37 for sure. But that isn't saying much if you simply don't like the design language. I agree with b_t about Lexus though - I'm not a fan of their new designs.... mainly due to that strange trapezoid grille.

As far as how I feel about Infiniti now that I've had mine for a while:

Interior is beautiful. As my commuting car, I considered bmw 3 and 5 series and Mercedes E series. While both were well built, the BMW was angular and plasticy feeling. The Mercedes felt very high quality, but lacked visual interest imo. While not quite at Mercedes feel, I'm always happy to sit behind the wheel of my car.

Outside took me a while to get used to. I think it is a good looking car, but is already starting to look a bit dated to me. Some of the choices, like the taillights could have had more thought put into them.

Performance is good, but not spectacular. This goes for both handling and power. The competition has Infiniti beat for sure, but this new 400 horsepower addition should help even things up.

The thing I don't like about my car the most is that there are certain things you would have expected for a car that cost some 70g new. The paint, for one. VERY easy to scratch. I have the rubberized coating on my steering wheel peeling already. (In areas that are never touched). No repeaters in the side mirrors. Why no LED DRL treatment like all the competition had by this point? Seat heaters put out a noticeable lack of heat.

Some of the controls lack thought in their programming. Like, why do I press down on the steering wheel to go UP in the playlist? Silly.

There are minor defects that bug me, such as being able to see a puffiness on the seat face that shows clearly where the backing to the embroidered logo is.

But overall, I feel Infiniti puts out a very competent product.... they just don't typically stand out as a leader in any particular area. So when they are pricing vehicles close to par with their competitors, there isn't a lot of reason to choose them.

I really like the look of the new Q50, and with a $62k price tag and 400hp, I'd definitely consider the Q50 for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Grimace

No sorry, that was no tax. They are around $55k base, then options/tax would be more like $70. BMW is 320, Merc is 362 and the new S4 should be around 350. For $8k difference it is much more reasonable. Still don't get why you can't build online even when every F1 race is filled with ads about the Q50. Would be interesting to see the price on the 300hp model also.

C450 is close, it's 362hp and more torque than the Infiniti (384 tq on the MB). I think the benz is a hair faster as well. I drove one back to back with a 2016 335 X-Drive M-Sport (Bimmer was $72K I think) and preferred the Benz, it was just so good in my opinion. The extra power was obvious. You can get them in the mid-high $60's I think and it would be hard to go Infiniti with the prices that close. At least go drive one before you make a decision - in that price range I would go with a better car for an extra $5K or so if you preferred something else. Probably hold it's value better too.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-19-2016 at 08:00 PM.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

I'll buy it off you in 7 years lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast