Quantcast
Honda adds 2 more turbocharged vehicles to their 2017 line up - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honda adds 2 more turbocharged vehicles to their 2017 line up

My Ride
    Some Honda Dealership Test Drive Units

Default Honda adds 2 more turbocharged vehicles to their 2017 line up

Yes you guys read it right, Honda is adding 2 more turbocharged vehicles for their 2017 line up besides the CTR.

The first vehicle will be the 1.5L turbocharged Civic Si, debuting at the 2016 LA Auto Show next month (Nov 18-27)

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoMobility LA™, a merger of LA Auto Show's Press & Trade Days and Connected Car Expo®, announced today that several auto-tech products and services, including more than 50 vehicles, will make their debut in front of media and industry professionals from November 14-17, 2016, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Among the many global unveilings by top auto manufacturers will be Alfa Romeo's all-new SUV and Jeep's all-new compact SUV to compete in the growing compact crossover segment. Porsche will be presenting more than one global and several North American debuts, including the new Panamera, while Nissan will take the sheets off three, including the 2017 Nissan Rogue: Rogue One Star Wars Limited Edition.

Other confirmed debuts include the turbocharged Civic Si from Honda, the new fifth-generation Land Rover Discovery and the pocket-size smart ForTwo Electric Drive cabriolet. Mercedes-Benz will show three models for the first time in the U.S., including the AMG GT Roadster, G550 4x4 Squared and the track-ready AMG GT R.
    via CivicX

The second vehicle will be the CR-V. HondaPro Jason uploaded a quick video this morning introducing some new features to the CRV which includes a 1.5L turbocharged engine 190hp, EX-L with Nav (US Spec?), physical radio knob, 17 alloys on the LX & 18 on EX and above, longer wheelbase over 1.5" less than an inch longer, 2" wider, more headroom, more rear legroom, cargo volume increase, Honda Sensing starting EX and above, auto high beams, active shutter grille, blind spot with cross traffic monitoring, height adjustment power tailgate on the touring plus hands free..plus a couple more features

YouTube link

What do you guys think so far?

[Will update the post when more information will be available]
    Last edited by Type_M; 10-14-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Nope.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

1.5T Civic Si is confirmed?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:14 PM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Yes, please post your links and or documentation of a confirmed 1.5L Si.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by Darkane
    Yes, please post your links and or documentation of a confirmed 1.5L Si.
    Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    1.5T Civic Si is confirmed?
    Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoMobility LA™, a merger of LA Auto Show's Press & Trade Days and Connected Car Expo®, announced today that several auto-tech products and services, including more than 50 vehicles, will make their debut in front of media and industry professionals from November 14-17, 2016, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Among the many global unveilings by top auto manufacturers will be Alfa Romeo's all-new SUV and Jeep's all-new compact SUV to compete in the growing compact crossover segment. Porsche will be presenting more than one global and several North American debuts, including the new Panamera, while Nissan will take the sheets off three, including the 2017 Nissan Rogue: Rogue One Star Wars Limited Edition.

Other confirmed debuts include the turbocharged Civic Si from Honda, the new fifth-generation Land Rover Discovery and the pocket-size smart ForTwo Electric Drive cabriolet. Mercedes-Benz will show three models for the first time in the U.S., including the AMG GT Roadster, G550 4x4 Squared and the track-ready AMG GT R.

Is it 100% for sure the 1.5T in the Si? Or is it a chance it will get a de-tuned 2.0T from the R?

My Ride

Type_M everyone knows it's going to be turbo. There's major, and I mean major speculation for the engine.

There are three options right now:

1.5T
    1.5T VTEC
    2.0T

Nobody knows what it's going to be, and if you knew you'd be a hero right now.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Don't care about the civic, just wish there was a Fit with a turbo'd 1.5 L.
    Fit Si

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Fit Si
    They already make this car, it's called the Fiesta ST

Fit Si
    I would like that as well, would be great. Nothing competes with the Fit for practicality in the segment. Giving it a ~40% bump in power from the previous version though already made a huge difference, one of the new turbo motors would be awesome.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I would like that as well, would be great. Nothing competes with the Fit for practicality in the segment. Giving it a ~40% bump in power from the previous version though already made a huge difference, one of the new turbo motors would be awesome.
    When did this bump in power happen?

I thought it went from 117 --> 130 no?

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

It is, only 11% power bump, maybe the 40% based on Mitsu's buttdyno.

I believe it went 109 --> 117 --> 130. The "~" means approximately, I didn't remember the exact numbers my apologies. Other markets were as low as 90hp for previous versions which is why I had 40% in my head.

My Ride

Fit Si
    Why not just turbo the other 6 vehicles Honda has?

3.0L V6 turbocharged Pilot, Odyssey, Ridgeline, and Accord
    1.5L L4 turbocharged HR-V and Accord Hybrid

My Ride

Originally posted by gpomp
    They already make this car, it's called the Fiesta ST
    Because mainly people who buy a Fit is looking for large cargo space in a small size. Compared to the ST, it's 470 L vs. 286 L. Terrible for the ST! Now make the Fit peppy like a Fiesta ST, and you have a huge winner.

Originally posted by Type_M

Why not just turbo the other 6 vehicles Honda has?

3.0L V6 turbocharged Pilot, Odyssey, Ridgeline, and Accord
    1.5L L4 turbocharged HR-V and Accord Hybrid
    There is just a big market for smaller sized vehicles that can haul a bunch of stuff, and it doesn't matter what age group you're in. Young, middle, old, the Fit caters to everyone and at an affordable price point.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Because mainly people who buy a Fit is looking for large cargo space in a small size. Compared to the ST, it's 470 L vs. 286 L. Terrible for the ST! Now make the Fit peppy like a Fiesta ST, and you have a huge winner.
    Hell yea, I'd buy that.

My Ride
    2003 Saab 9-3 Vector; 2015 Jeep Wrangler

Before I bought my last car I was seriously considering getting an older Fit and doing some kind of forced induction.

Seems like a fun and practical little vehicle, so one that is quick from factory would definitely be of an interest to me.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

There is just a big market for smaller sized vehicles that can haul a bunch of stuff, and it doesn't matter what age group you're in. Young, middle, old, the Fit caters to everyone and at an affordable price point.
    I have never been able to get over the fact the Fit looks like a minivan. Not attractive at all. Although I am with you guys on putting a turbo in. Every car is better with a more powerful engine.

My Ride

True but take a look at the preowned Fit, it's not moving in most dealerships. I have two and it's been there for more than 100 days.

Anyways to get back on topic, the 2017 CRVs are arriving in December. I've already seen model codes dropped and saw that there will be 3 2017 CRV Tourings available. Not too sure on colour as of yet. The Si will be debuting at LA Show
    Last edited by Type_M; 10-24-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast