Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > The Official Beyond.ca Badminton Thread

Author
Thread
botox

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Can someone tell me what the etiquette is at SBC for courts? We were there on the weekend and it was very busy, people waiting for virtually every court. The signage says one game to 21 or 15 minutes when it's busy is the rule. One group got mad at us when we asked to play after them, saying that the rule is in fact not what is clearly posted by SBC staff, but rather a "best of 3". Can anyone clarify? There were people playing for over an hour refusing to leave their court as well.

I don't care what it is, I just don't want to be causing any trouble if the accepted rule is in fact something different than what's clearly posted...

21 points or 15 minutes is the rule. Just tell the front desk if you encounter people like this and they will tell them to rotate off or book a court. If there are other courts open then obviously just go to the open court. I've had people waiting for our court when there were others open.

We will also sometimes play a full match but staying on the same side and not calling the points too obviously if we know the group waiting are known court hogs

There's also a new place in the SE that just opened. Best of both worlds with hardwood floors and mats on top. Those of you with bad knees may want to check it out.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-03-2017 03:23 PM
botox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for botox Click here to Send botox a Private Message Find more posts by botox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

SOAB
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

new place is called Smashcity and it's a great facility. its brand new so all the courts, floors, facilities are great. a tad dark but you get used to the lighting quickly. they have an actual fountain for water unlike SBC and there is no tape or giant humps on the floor to worry about.

probably gonna be my preferred place to play from now on. much easier on my knees than SBC and Clear1 is just too far.

Old Post 01-03-2017 04:42 PM
SOAB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SOAB Click here to Send SOAB a Private Message Find more posts by SOAB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gyu
First Gear

What I drive: Slow Injected
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

Originally posted by SOAB
new place is called Smashcity and it's a great facility. its brand new so all the courts, floors, facilities are great. a tad dark but you get used to the lighting quickly. they have an actual fountain for water unlike SBC and there is no tape or giant humps on the floor to worry about.

probably gonna be my preferred place to play from now on. much easier on my knees than SBC and Clear1 is just too far.

How busy does it get at Smashcity? Gf and I started playing in a rec league and want to start practicing outside of the 1x a week that we currently play at the rec league.

Old Post 02-16-2017 04:58 PM
gyu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gyu Click here to Send gyu a Private Message Find more posts by gyu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:25 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > The Official Beyond.ca Badminton Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: