Quantcast
Anyone rocking the Nvidia Shield (Android TV)? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone rocking the Nvidia Shield (Android TV)?

Exodus is pretty spank, probably the best addon in..forever IMO.

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

Other than exodus, can anyone recommend any good repositories for sports? I can get TV and movies, but having a tough time finding baseball games that work...

I have put very little effort into investigating a solution so far, but every Kodi plugin I've tried for sports says they aren't available in my region. If there is one that ignores that I'd like to know about it.

My Ride
    Integra Type R

try Castaway
    it has a feature where you can add and watch links off subreddits such as nhlstreams and nbastreams, i dont watch baseball but im sure mlbstreams exist
    wh...?

My Ride
    Cayman

Right now I am running the GenTec build and I added the GoodFellas and GoldenIPTV repos. My problem is that now I have too many good programs to choose from and its eating up my free time

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

The only one I want to watch that doesn't work is Jeopardy. I see all 50 seasons of it but none of them play, is there a repository that has these? One of my favourite shows.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by Gman.45
    Again, it's full price, and not much of a deal, but if you NEED Hulu, it's the only surefire way for Canadians without US family, friends/etc that can intervene.
    Have you tried the method I posted? I found signing up with my Canadian credit card very easy. It's either a PC financial or RBC Westjet Mastercard that I'm using.

Edit: Just double checked and I've used both cards to pay for Hulu. I use adfreetime at the router for dns handling.
    Last edited by tenth; 06-15-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Does anyone have issues with audio not playing in youtube after playing a video in plex?

Originally posted by beecue
    Does anyone have issues with audio not playing in youtube after playing a video in plex?
    Never happened to me (or any issue for that matter yet). Sounds strange that one app would affect the other - maybe there's something else going on.

Are you running it through a receiver or straight to your TV?

Running through soundbar. That could be the problem.

It usually happens after I play something in DTS in plex.

Originally posted by beecue
    Running through soundbar. That could be the problem.

It usually happens after I play something in DTS in plex.
    Do you have the volume set to "Fixed" (I think that's what it's called), or do you let the Shield remotes control the volume? If it isn't fixed, I'm wondering if there is separate volume levels per app, and it's something silly like that.

Also do you have the Plex app set to "passthrough" for audio?

Soundbars can be weird with audio though.

Yeah I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I'm pretty sure I have passthrough and it's not fixed because the shield remote will control the soundbar volume.

Edit: I figured out the sound problem. I've had my xbox on instant on mode last few days and I guess the sound bar was tied to that while using the shield. I completed turned off my xbox and now it's working.

Anyways, I've pretty much only been using Plex since I got it.

Do you guys have any recommendations for apps to install? Best kodi builds as well?
    Last edited by beecue; 06-18-2016 at 12:08 AM.

New update today, lots of cool stuff in patch 3.2:

What’s New?

Netflix in HDR
    SHIELD is the first Smart TV box to support Netflix in HDR! Pair with an HDR TV and enjoy brighter highlights, more detail in dark scenes, and a wider color range. One hundred hours of HDR shows are coming this summer. Learn more here: https://shield.nvidia.com/support/nv...oid-tv/faq#hdr

YouTube 4K 60FPS
    Watch YouTube videos in 4K Ultra HD resolution at a smooth 60 frames per second—only on SHIELD.

VUDU in 4K
    Catch up on the latest movies and binge-watch TV series. VUDU supports UltraViolet and Disney Movies Anywhere playback, as well as 4K and voice search.

Dolby Atmos
    Enjoy a home theater experience with rich Dolby® Atmos surround sound pass-through in VUDU, MX Player, SPMC, and SHIELD’s preinstalled Photos & Videos app.

Best Universal Search
    Perform a natural language search for music, movies, TV shows or games and get results from over 60 apps including top new additions: Netflix, VUDU and Spotify.

Media Streaming – At Home and On the Go
    With PLEX Media Server now built-in, you can stream your personal media collection from SHIELD to mobile devices, even outside the home. Accelerate your media (even from a NAS) with SHIELD’s HD transcode. Learn more here: https://shield.nvidia.com/support/nv...id-tv/faq#plex

More Top Apps Streaming to Your TV
    If you’re a sports fan you can now stream all WatchESPN has to offer. Music lovers now have access to Spotify. For news junkies, NBC News was recently added and CNNGo, NPR and ABC News were announced as coming soon to Android TV. Family-friendly programming will get a major boost with WATCH ABC, Freeform, Disney Channel, Disney Jr. and Disney XD, and Nick, all of which have also been announced as coming soon to Android TV, along with Viacom’s MTV and Comedy Central.

Automatically Turn your TV Off
    Rounding out our HDMI CEC support, SHIELD now automatically turns off your TV when SHIELD sleeps. Enable in Settings > HDMI > HDMI-CEC preferences.

Share SHIELD Folders with a PC
    Access SHIELD folders from a network PC or Mac and enjoy drag-and-drop file sharing. Enable in Settings > Storage & reset > Access SHIELD folders on PC.

Mount Network Storage
    Mount a network attached storage device (NAS) to SHIELD to access your complete media collection. Stream this media to mobile devices using the Plex app and SHIELD’s HD hardware transcode. Set up in Settings > Storage & reset > Network storage.

Improved Picture Quality
    Enable YCbCr 4:4:4 color space for improved video quality on supported TVs. Go to Settings > HDMI > Color space.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Very cool, thanks. I saw the update come down but wasn't sure what was included.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

You can now buy Nvidia Shield TV's again, available January 16.

Same specs, but it's physically smaller, has a revised controller, and now all of them include the $70 solid aluminium remote

$289, same as before.

https://www.amazon.ca/SHIELD-TV-Stre...=nvidia+shield

is there no difference in performance between the two?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Going to guess no change, but its really not needed, the box is wicked fast even after 2 years of software updates.

"From a hardware specifications point of view, the new SHIELD TV is essentially a cut-down version of the original 2015 model. The new device contains the same Tegra X1 SoC, similar RAM/storage configuration, and much the same I/O, etc. What NVIDIA has done away with is the 2.5" HDD bay (used in the Pro model), along with the microSD card slot and a micro-USB 2.0 port. Instead the device's expandability and connectivity is delivered through the use of two USB 3.0 ports, along with Gigabit Ethernet and 2x2 802.11ac WiFi. As a result, the new SHIELD TV is considerably smaller and lighter than the original SHIELD Android TV thanks to the space savings (especially removing the HDD bay)."

My Ride
    Grimace

Iirc, X1 is still the most recent soc they have and p1 won't be out until the switch which is the reason why they didn't refresh the tablet. I am looking to pick one of these up though to avoid paying $90 for the chromecast ultra and also stream my games from my computer finally as steam link is garbage.

Originally posted by Hero_X
    is there no difference in performance between the two?
    No, and there wasn't expected to be. The original can already handle 4K @ 60 FPS, has support for 4K HDR, Wireless AC, USB 3.0, HDMI 2.0, etc. I don't even know what they would upgrade it to haha. It's ridiculously fast compared to other media boxes. When they took it out of production over the last few months, the only reasonable explanation was a cosmetic refresh, bundling change, or peripheral refresh - all of which happened.

Still the most powerful media box by an enormous margin even after CES. It's also one of the very few that will properly output the uncompressed movie audio formats to a home theater.

I don't know why they keep advertising AC WiFi on the 'new' one, the 'old' one had all that already.

$289 with the remote is a steal, and matches the very best deals they had on the previous versions.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-11-2017 at 10:12 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    $289 with the remote is a steal, and matches the very best deals they had on the previous versions.
    Memx has it up for preorder at $279

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast