Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > HiFi Stereo Setup Thread

Author
Thread
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by Inzane

I'm also eyeing the Polk PSW111 which is 8". It appears to review extremely well. I did notice it's not magnetically shielded. I'm not sure if that's a big deal or not. (For example, non-shielded is bad for computer speakers that sit close to a monitor). Does it matter for something like a sub that sits on the floor?

Most people buy subs that are way too small and/or are way too underpowered for their rooms. If you just want to add some bottom end to a 2.0 setup, fine, but if you want a decent HT experience you aren't likely to get one out of that sub.

Am I correct in assuming this bonus room is above the garage, and quite open? If so this sub will be very underpowered, but if you just want a little bit of rumble to go with your movies, it might be OK.

Don't worry about the magnetic shielding, that is more for things like CRT monitors. LCDs aren't affected by it. These days there is little reason for it for most applications.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-15-2017 04:18 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ganesh
Neutral

What I drive: 2014 335GT
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Any one here owns a Cyrus One?
It says it can be used in a HT setup as a Power Amplifier in AV by pass mode. Does any one knows how this works?

Old Post 02-22-2017 02:36 PM
ganesh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ganesh Click here to Send ganesh a Private Message Find more posts by ganesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b_t
b_t is a huge fag

What I drive: FC3S 10AE / Tacoma
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

You plug two RCAs into the jacks labeled "AV" then spin the one dial to the "AV" setting and that's all you have to do. Cool lookin unit... 100 watts a channel nothing to sneeze at either

Old Post 03-01-2017 05:31 PM
b_t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for b_t Click here to Send b_t a Private Message Find more posts by b_t Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh
Neutral

What I drive: 2014 335GT
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Originally posted by b_t
You plug two RCAs into the jacks labeled "AV" then spin the one dial to the "AV" setting and that's all you have to do. Cool lookin unit... 100 watts a channel nothing to sneeze at either

Yeah. Thanks for the response. I did more digging into this and it looks like this will work as a Power Amplifier. I am planning to use my Yamaha Aventage RX-A 2060 as the Pre-Amp and Cyrus will be used for the front two channels.
Currently Cyrus One is retails for $1,499 and it is getting really good reviews. Not sure how much wiggle room is there
This week I am bleeding money

Old Post 03-01-2017 06:08 PM
ganesh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ganesh Click here to Send ganesh a Private Message Find more posts by ganesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.85
User Rating: 100%

quote:

anybody have a 2 ch pro amp sitting around collecting dust? looking for 500wpc+

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147114971@N04

Old Post 03-21-2017 12:16 AM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.41
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Can I ask why you need so much power?!

Old Post 03-21-2017 04:02 AM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

quote:

Upping the SPL

I have a Crown i2000 with a bad dsp card comming today for temporary but need to buy something

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

I'm at home on ei with no license studying electronics so basically just playing.

Old Post 03-21-2017 02:51 PM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.41
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Holy crap For those kind of watts at a reasonable pricepoint, you're going to be looking at Class-D amps, which likely means moreso receiver units than standalone amps.

If anyone is looking into trying a Squeezebox Touch transport system, I have my full package available. Essentially what this does is takes your files from a computer/server/NAS and controls the playback features with say an iPad or Android, an has a nice screen to display information. It's also updated to play all the latest file formats.

Old Post 03-23-2017 09:50 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

quote:

Originally posted by msommers
Holy crap For those kind of watts at a reasonable pricepoint, you're going to be looking at Class-D amps, which likely means moreso receiver units than standalone amps.

oh ya, pro switchers for this kind of power. The crown cdi 2000 i am using is 475 into 8ohm x 2

I just picked up a Nak 410 pre and one of these!!

mitsubishi da-a15dc

Old Post 03-24-2017 04:34 PM
The time now is 04:09 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > HiFi Stereo Setup Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: