Quantcast
Working in Lethbridge!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Working in Lethbridge!!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by black300
    Anything else to go check out, I am a big fan of Pizza. So that would be a bonus.
    Two Guys is definitely a place to visit. I was working down there two years ago and was having pizza daily there..

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by timdog
    i've actually considered moving there, seems like a good option... but i just hate wind too much.
    There is always a trade-off. Lethbridge is consistenty warmer than Calgary and gets less snow... yet gets windy I lived there for 4.5 years during school, I loved it.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by timdog
    i've actually considered moving there, seems like a good option... but i just hate wind too much.
    If you are 60 you will love it seeing it's the retirement capital of Alberta. It's crawling with seniors, Mennonites, natives, etc so if that's your thing you may really like it. Not a great place for younger people as it's recognized as one of the most boring cities (google it) in Canada for a well deserved reason. My father and my in-laws live their because that's where old people go to die in this province. I don't like it (close to hate it) much at all but they get much nicer weather than Calgary especially in the summer where it gets quite hot and dry.
    Last edited by heavyD; 03-24-2017 at 10:49 AM.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Lol! It's not that bad!

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    V8s

So much wind. I wouldn't live there if I got a free house, wind is my most hated of all weather elements

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by NoPulp
    Lol! It's not that bad!
    It all depends on where you are coming from. If you were born and raised in Calgary there's a very good chance you will hate it as it's more a big small town than a city. If you grew up in a small town there's a good chance you will like it. I grew up in small town southern Alberta and small town people that consider Calgary too big move to Lethbridge. It's as vibrant as a dead dog.

I haven't even brought the wind in the conversation because IMO it's down the list of cons to me.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

No sense in arguing with you because like you said, yeah it depends on the lifestyle you're use to.

I've actually lived in both cities and still travel between the two very regularly. I think I might eventually like to live in Calgary mostly for the friends I have there.

It would definitely be hard for me to leave Lethbridge though. Its very affordable (salary vs cost of living I think lethbridge is better), traffic, road conditions, economic stability, property size...etc.

Any where you go will have issues with different people such as minorities. I personally find Calgary worse.
    There are a lot of old people and students. The old people come in from surrounding towns and farms when they retire or need assistance.

The wind isn't that bad. You get use to it, I actually missed it alot when living in Kelowna. It brings in fresh air (no smog) and melts the snow in the winter.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

No sense in arguing with you because like you said, yeah it depends on the lifestyle you're use to.

I've actually lived in both cities and still travel between the two very regularly. I think I might eventually like to live in Calgary mostly for the friends I have there.

It would definitely be hard for me to leave Lethbridge though. Its very affordable (salary vs cost of living I think lethbridge is better), traffic, road conditions, economic stability, property size...etc.

Any where you go will have issues with different people such as minorities. I personally find Calgary worse.
    There are a lot of old people and students. The old people come in from surrounding towns and farms when they retire or need assistance.

The wind isn't that bad. You get use to it, I actually missed it alot when living in Kelowna. It brings in fresh air (no smog) and melts the snow in the winter.
    Yep. There's acquaintances I grew up with that live there and like it as does our parents. It's just not for me and I've spent my share of time there. That said if I had to choose between Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, or Red Deer I would probably opt for the West side of Lethrbridge. Are the cops there still total dicks?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Yep. There's acquaintances I grew up with that live there and like it as does our parents. It's just not for me and I've spent my share of time there. That said if I had to choose between Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, or Red Deer I would probably opt for the West side of Lethrbridge. Are the cops there still like Nazis?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2