Quantcast
Car Wash Locations - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Wash Locations

I think Happy Bays Car and Dog Wash is good. It's on Home Road-ish and 16th Ave. Credit Card and Coin payment, there's like three or four bays for hand washing and one auto car wash thing as well.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Big Bucket in Crowfoot and ServPro in Manchester for me.

I'll dry mine inside when the bays are somewhat empty otherwise I do it outside.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Centex on center street! Buy a prepaid card, get a deal, don't need to worry about cash til it runs out.

Is there any wand wash that you can clean the undercarriage of your car/truck without having to go down on your knees to clean it?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Typical_Chinese
    I think Happy Bays Car and Dog Wash is good. It's on Home Road-ish and 16th Ave. Credit Card and Coin payment, there's like three or four bays for hand washing and one auto car wash thing as well.

I used them for years but the last time i went in their system was completely contaminated and the car came out dirtier than it went in. I don't even want to think of the sandblasting effect on my paint.

Center st Centex for me, both the wand and automated washes are great. Can be busy tho.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by killramos

I used them for years but the last time i went in their system was completely contaminated and the car came out dirtier than it went in. I don't even want to think of the sandblasting effect on my paint.

Center st Centex for me, both the wand and automated washes are great. Can be busy tho.
    Oh crap really? Was this the auto or the hand-wash bay? Man, and I was thinking of going down today to wash my car since it's just down the hill from where I live and it's such a nice day..

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

wand wash, this was about a month ago. When it happened my brother said he had the same issue lat time he was there. Its to bad because i loved using them as it was close to my parents place and was an early comer to the credit card wash game.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

wand wash, this was about a month ago. When it happened my brother said he had the same issue lat time he was there. Its to bad because i loved using them as it was close to my parents place and was an early comer to the credit card wash game.

I'll give them one last try today or tomorrow, if it's still not fixed I'll move onto Centex as well since that seems to be well liked across the board!

Just avoid peak times and I'll be fine right? Maybe I'll just go on a weekday when most people are at work since my work schedule is a bit flexible

My Ride
    G37X

I've never had an issue hand washing or drying my car if the wash is quiet, if there's many other cars around it might be an issue though.

My Ride
    V8s

I’ve never had to wait at Centex on Centre. I’m a fan of that wash. Washed my car behind a guy washing an MP4-12C on Monday, so sick. Also made me a little depressed, cause he was about my age (i.e. not old enough to have one of those )

Anyone know of a wand wash place neat Kensington that you can use a credit card to pay? Hate the ones where you need change.

Thanks.

One on Kensington Rd (Centex) between Crowchild and 19th St. Forget exact location but it's so well lit, you can't miss it.

Probably takes CC as it's newer.

My Ride
    Cayman

I probably shouldn't post this here becuase I love showing up this place and not waiting for a bay but the new Top Gear car wash in the NE is probably the best car wash that I have been to in the city.

You can pay by visa or you can buy time with coins at the wash ticket machine. Its 80 cents per minute and because all of the equipment is brand new you can change from pressure soap to water in a few seconds.

1796 120th Ave. NE

I use Western Pride on Richmond Road or Centex on Centre north of 16 ave.

I used to wash my car everyday at this location and I have had the same results. I personally had a fleet account with them because I am OCD. Never again.... I am back to going to Brentwood and their super diluted soap.

Tried the carwash in Brentwood again by Kilkenny... Even worse!!

They're definitely diluting the soap down to barely any suds and have an on/off timer on the soap dispener into the wands. Can barely clean the car and tried the foam off the brush (yes, I know swirl marks) But even that foam is diluted.

$/min has also gone to $2 for 2min. What are other places? I figure $2 for 2.25 min is norm.

Another guy in there was arguing with the Chinese attendant/owner. He couldn't get more money out in time before the timer ran out. Had to put in another $2 rather than one more dollar. I know it's minor but the guy refused to do anything for him. Even though obviously, he had already spent $2 or $4 on his wash.

Go elsewhere!

My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Originally posted by Proyecto2000
    I probably shouldn't post this here becuase I love showing up this place and not waiting for a bay but the new Top Gear car wash in the NE is probably the best car wash that I have been to in the city.

You can pay by visa or you can buy time with coins at the wash ticket machine. Its 80 cents per minute and because all of the equipment is brand new you can change from pressure soap to water in a few seconds.

1796 120th Ave. NE
    LOL I was thinking the same..love not having to wait for a bay!!!
    I actually got a tour of the place my first time there!!! WOW
    Also I can second this statement. Best car wash in the city I think. Love that I can pay by CC and not have to rush to beat the clock. Love all the options they have and that they even have vacuum and driers in each bay.
    Kind of out of the way to find but such a great large, clean and brand new facility.
    They have an automatic wash tunnel that you have the option of touchless or the brushes. They also have a detailer on site during the day and a drive through detail/wax machine. I find the amount of soap to be great and consistent and not hard to remove. Their turtle wax is also great and lays a decent amount on when you apply it. I roughly spend around $6 to wash my car in the bays.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by cjblair
    I’ve never had to wait at Centex on Centre. I’m a fan of that wash. Washed my car behind a guy washing an MP4-12C on Monday, so sick. Also made me a little depressed, cause he was about my age (i.e. not old enough to have one of those )
    I always see a young guy with a white Aston Martin Vantage there. Definitely ruins my day every time lol.

fact.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Originally posted by BlueHaloGirl

LOL I was thinking the same..love not having to wait for a bay!!!
    I actually got a tour of the place my first time there!!! WOW
    Also I can second this statement. Best car wash in the city I think. Love that I can pay by CC and not have to rush to beat the clock. Love all the options they have and that they even have vacuum and driers in each bay.
    Kind of out of the way to find but such a great large, clean and brand new facility.
    They have an automatic wash tunnel that you have the option of touchless or the brushes. They also have a detailer on site during the day and a drive through detail/wax machine. I find the amount of soap to be great and consistent and not hard to remove. Their turtle wax is also great and lays a decent amount on when you apply it. I roughly spend around $6 to wash my car in the bays.
    How is the drier at the top gear car wash? I've tried the one on Centex, it didn't really do much haha.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast