Thread: 2010 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport Coupe

My Ride
    17' DENALI, 17' X4 M40i

Beautiful

KEEP IT COMING!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Beauty
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by InRich
    .... the ricer in you didn't like the lights. change the interior seats to all black then. jeez.
    still a fan.
    Lol, I'm still debating on which seats to get, I've got my eye on the Corbeau A4's in Black Suede, if they go on sale I may pick up a set. But I'm getting married this year and if my fiance sees me spending more money on this car

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Very nice build, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks man.

Originally posted by msommers
    How's that "catch can" working out? When I had my G35, I had actually used this one found on a corvette site and the build quality is great and internally has good bits too.

Either way, the build looks good so far!
    That CCA one you linked is nice, CCA make some really good products for very reasonable prices. Mine isn't the same one obviously, mine was like $75 shipped and so far I'm impressed with it, it takes up very little space and it trapped about 2 capfulls of oil in ~4000km.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    That is a good looking car, I like what you've done.
    Originally posted by Twenty
    This looks mean! Awesome.
    Originally posted by B16EJ8
    Beautiful
    Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
    KEEP IT COMING!
    Originally posted by Darkane
    Beauty
    Thanks

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Are Corbeau seats supposed to be the best aftermarket seats or something? if you order them, can you plz meet me so I can go for a ride with you? I'm very curious

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by InRich
    Are Corbeau seats supposed to be the best aftermarket seats or something? if you order them, can you plz meet me so I can go for a ride with you? I'm very curious
    The Corbeau's are a decent aftermarket seat but definitely not the best. If you want the best Caravaggio is the only way to go but those seats range from $3-5000 a set

I'll shoot you a PM if I get some Corbeau's.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Great looking ride. I like the attention to detail (reflectors, lugs lights etc).

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

I wanted to add a bit more power to the car and one of the easiest mods is an intake, one of the best intakes for the Corvette is the Vararam Gen II VR-SC1R Snake Charmer CAI, it's basically a ram air kit which Vararam makes some pretty generous claims on:

Talk is great, but how much power will you get? Sitting on a dyno without using any special programming you should expect 10-15hp from any cold air kit, but once moving the Snake Charmer will put all the lost MAP pressure back into the plenum yielding another 17hp @ 60mph and 19-20hp @ 90-100mph. In total, you can expect 32-37 rear wheel horsepower. Translated into real road performance:
    3.5 - 4 tenths off the standing mile time
    3.5 - 4 mph faster trap speeds
    7-10 mph higher on top speed

We'll see if my gains are anywhere near that. Anyways on to the install:

Factory Intake

The new intake.

I thought it would be a good idea to wrap the bottom of the intake (parts closest to oil cooler & radiator) in heat reflective tape.

While I was doing the intake I thought I'd add a Throttle Body Spacer, Vararam's spacer is supposedly the best out there because it not only increases the plenum volume but it also changes the angle of the throttle body which supposedly helps improve airflow. 10HP for $100 why not.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
    Great looking ride. I like the attention to detail (reflectors, lugs lights etc).
    Thanks

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I think you made a good choice with the vararam. My check enginer light comes on every now and then with the Haltech killer bee 103. I'm sporting the same shifter and love it. Btw, when you need new tires, check out Nitto's. I'm loving my Invos and they're cheap.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride

Good Job Tom! you'll feel the difference in power with the intake for sure! make sure to get it tuned for it also to get the most out of it. headers are also a very cost effective mod that add quite the power...if i still have my vette by the summer we should definitely meet up and cruise around!

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by Ekliptix
    I think you made a good choice with the vararam. My check enginer light comes on every now and then with the Haltech killer bee 103. I'm sporting the same shifter and love it. Btw, when you need new tires, check out Nitto's. I'm loving my Invos and they're cheap.
    The Vararam may perform well (hopefully) but truth be told the fit & finish is not what I expected of a $500 intake, more along the lines of a $100 intake. The lower scoop had to be heated and deformed to get it to slide past the oil cooler (as per the recommendation of Vararam's own Technical Support Line), the supplied couplers had to be cut at an angle to fit right and worst of all the intake was hitting the hood (I had to cut out a portion of the radiator shroud to get it to sit lower). The installation took about 12 hours which is ridiculous for a CAI, but I am a bit of a perfectionist lol.

I've got a Diablosport InTune T-1000 that I just installed and I'll be getting a custom CMR tune for it come spring so hopefully once they adjust the MAF scaling there won't be any CEL's.

The MGW is a really nice piece, probably the best aftermarket shifter I've ever seen.

I've heard good things about the Invo's, it was a toss up between the Michelin PSS's or the Nitto Invo's, I may get a set of those next time or I may get a higher treadwear tire for the street and a second set of wheels with Hoosier A6's

Originally posted by euro_racer
    Good Job Tom! you'll feel the difference in power with the intake for sure! make sure to get it tuned for it also to get the most out of it. headers are also a very cost effective mod that add quite the power...if i still have my vette by the summer we should definitely meet up and cruise around!
    Thanks man. Getting tuned as soon as it warms up. Headers will be next year, I think I've depleted my mod budget for the season haha.

I'd be down for a cruise for sure.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

Love it. I am starting to find a soft spot for these cars....
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    Calgary Transit

That's a sweeeet ride Tom! Very nice update on your current ride. It's definitely been a while...

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by se7en
    Love it. I am starting to find a soft spot for these cars....
    Thanks

Originally posted by Freestylin
    That's a sweeeet ride Tom! Very nice update on your current ride. It's definitely been a while...
    Thanks Ray! Yah it's been way too long buddy.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

The back end was just a little bit too plain for me so to spruce it up a bit I thought a CF ZR1 Spoiler might do the trick

Drilling holes in body work is always a little nerve-racking...

To compliment the "dark" look I'm going for I thought some lightly smoked tail lights would be nice, so after a visit to the guys at Shadow Tint.

Tail light seals are supposed to stop water from dripping out after every car wash lol

And since I was putting in smoked lights I thought I'd put in a brighter bulb (No idea if it's brighter as in more lumens or just color temp)

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

At Christmas I got a nice CoverKing Car Cover that I haven't gotten around to installing as I've been busy working on the car. I decided to put in on for the last few weeks before spring.

Corvette logo of course

Stay tuned for a couple more small interior installs.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Such a nice car man.

Ill probably get euro_racer to give me a ride In his and ill have to Impulse buy one lol.. Gotta knock it off the bucket list

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

This is the the type of build that would make me interested in buying a vette, once someone has done all the little things to make it look awesome. Yeah, I have no problems with being a bought not built guy hahaha

I'm not a vetter fan typically (other than the performance aspect) but this thing is looking fantastic man, you keep doing the "right" things.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Awesome car!!!!
    Love vette's.
    Just dont know anyone that owns one hahaha

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast