Quantcast
How much attention do you get with wheels? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How much attention do you get with wheels?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Re: How much attention do you get with wheels?

Originally posted by SR54RNR

My ISF has OEM wheels on it, so I cant comment about wheels, however, I got my car with dark 5% tint on the rear windows, and light 35% tint on the front side windows.. and was pulled over and ticketed 2 times within a few months of owning the car... both times the officer saw my car from the front only, before pulling me over..

So in my opinion, it's the the L badge on the front that will subject you to more heat from the police. Add in other mods, and the heat will go up for sure.
    I would say more depends on your location and time. Driving around the SW at night wont attract attention in a Lexus, tinted or non, as opposed to the NE at night.

My Ride
    G37X

Default Re: Re: Re: How much attention do you get with wheels?

Originally posted by revelations
    I would say more depends on your location and time. Driving around the SW at night wont attract attention in a Lexus, tinted or non, as opposed to the NE at night.
    Completely 100%..when in "da hood yo" don't push your luck off the lights etc.

On the tint issue, I've had three cars with dark front tint and have never been pulled over.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Hijack again.

With higher dollar value rims and such, is it worth it to add extra insurance for them? Is it even possible? Is this just a declare I have them sort of thing, or should I be doing something more...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by spikerS
    Hijack again.

With higher dollar value rims and such, is it worth it to add extra insurance for them? Is it even possible? Is this just a declare I have them sort of thing, or should I be doing something more...
    Have had this conversation with Bill... basically would need an appraisal, BUT you're covered for the value of oem wheels and tires, which are usually on par with fairly decent aftermarket wheels value wise

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Unless the wheels are super expensive, just make sure you have proof (pictures) of ownership... its a fairly common upgrade these days.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ercchry

Have had this conversation with Bill... basically would need an appraisal, BUT you're covered for the value of oem wheels and tires, which are usually on par with fairly decent aftermarket wheels value wise

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Unless the wheels are super expensive, just make sure you have proof (pictures) of ownership... its a fairly common upgrade these days.
    Yeah, I had the same convo with Bill, here is the skinny.

Aftermarket rims are NOT insurable. I mean you probably can, by going and getting a stand alone policy or maybe even home, but for the purpose of your auto policy, they are not insurable.

However, brand new facotry rims for most vehicles are between $800 - $1000 dollars. Each. And insurance will replace stolen rims and tires with factory ones without blinking. So unless your rims are $4000 or more, it's not worth doing the insurance route.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by dj_rice

I wouldn't worry too much. It ain't no Volks/Rays/HRE's/Rotas
    Rotas? dafuq?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2