Quantcast
Interesting unique fact or experience about you - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting unique fact or experience about you

Originally posted by relyt92
    How the hell do you talk your way out of that?
    Luck sometimes has to be on your side, I got caught doing 130 on John Laurie back in the 80's on my motorbike and got off with no ticket. My motorbike was parked on it's side stand on a slight hill, rolled forward, fell over and broke off about half of the clutch lever. Officer went back and looked, came back and said my day was bad enough now that I had to do some repairs, let me off with just a warning. That $20 something clutch lever was a whole lot cheaper than the ticket and demerits I could've gotten. Pays to be polite, remorseful and respectful as well.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by digi355

LOL! Please post the video or at least a picture!
    No photos, camera phones didn't even exist back then I don't think. And as for the video, he's got it still on an old DV tape somewhere I think at his Dad's place.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda

No photos, camera phones didn't even exist back then I don't think. And as for the video, he's got it still on an old DV tape somewhere I think at his Dad's place.
    He does have a habit of going big or going home

Last edited by born2workoncars; 04-16-2017 at 12:11 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Fuck Im sure most have all done some dumb shit. When I was 16 my dad bought an old RCMP highway patrol car (deep blue colour) Ford Crown Victoria. That thing had (at the time) some balls. So of course at lunch I would engage in drifting out of the HS gravel parking lot - with peeps in the back seat strongly encouraging this behaviour.

This then lead to us (on several occasions, during lunch break) to head for a small back road to get air with the car. The catch was we had to go above 100, which lead to about 2 seconds of air time where passengers head hit the roof.

Eventually (after a few days, and then others from the school going there as well) the locals wised up and started taking down license plates and the cops were called to the school - I thought I was going to lose my license but the cop was just wanting to yell at some kids.

Im SURE I got out of a couple of tickets with the vehicle - once I was PASSING a car on the highway (4 lane) and cop starts up on my tail, passes me and pulls over the car i JUST passed in the slow lane.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I was suppose to have severe learning disabilities. I scored in the 2nd percentile for expressive speech. They later realized I was above grade level for my understanding, but just couldn't get things out of my head.
    Took me forever to read and speak properly, but eventually got through it.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

I used to use a wooden avocado masher as a buttplug while masturbating. So much so the paint began to flake off and spike into the walls of my rectum. I had to go on a diet of jello and water, so that my own waste didnt agitate my inflamed rectum, tear, and bleed. I now use a much more butthole friendly material.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by relyt92
    How the hell do you talk your way out of that?
    I didn't really. When the lights lit nearly 1km up behind me, I could have easily turned off and they never would have found me. I pulled over and accepted it, apologized and told them I was a complete idiot. I guess it was just my lucky day.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I was a shitty kid sometimes and had a tendency to shoplift, etc.

I ended up getting caught stealing at a department store when I was like... 15. Security brought in the cops and I went through the whole process - ultimately with a judge sentencing me to some 50 hours community service, which I did. This run-in with the law made me decide it was about time to smarten up.

When I came of age, I wanted to find out how my juvenile criminal record affected me as an adult - if at all. It was only then I found out that since my father was a Corrections officer and had friends throughout the system, it was all made up and I had never actually been officially charged in the first place.

He had decided this would be a good way for me to learn a lesson, but even after improving my attitude, he had failed to say anything. To this day when I ask him about it he just smiles - and I still don't know if he just forgot about it, or it was intentional to let me know I was on the "edge" with the law through to adulthood.

i had a new york times best selling book written about myself and some friends. This goes back quite a ways but its always an interesting conversation with friends when the subject comes up.

Originally posted by gwill
    i had a new york times best selling book written about myself and some friends. This goes back quite a ways but its always an interesting conversation with friends when the subject comes up.
    This takes the cake so far...what book!?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

When I was 19 I got caught going 110k in a 50k zone (in my mom's toyota corolla) by 2 cops with a radar - in NZ this would be considered loss of license straight away got 55 demerit points (limit is 100 in 2 years) and a $500 fine. Next day not even 24 hours after I got caught doing 160 in a 100k zone and got 40 demerit points and a $400 fine - had to granny drive for 2 years before my demerits were wiped clean.

6 months after that was going 110k on the highway with my buddies in the back a truck around a blind corner was sitting in the middle of the road with a load of gravel, slammed my brakes on at 50m out slammed into the truck head first blacked out end up 180 degrees around car was totalled - luckily worst injury for all of us were seat belt burns (same corolla as before and no air bags).

6 months after that in the replacement mazda 3 was going about 100k around a windy country road while the roads were wet, went straight off a 10m cliff into a farmers field narrowly missed some cows landed in some soft mud - broke all the axles on the car although I think it was only around $2k to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

When I was 18 working the rigs living in my camper in a campground beside a rink in some shit hole town, I was sleeping and some random chick broke in and held me by gun point trying to force me to bang her.

Was driving down the highway, some guy passed me started slowing down and put his 4 ways on and then pulled over to a grid road, I had a for sale sign in my back window at the time so figured he wanted to look at my car. Pulled up behind him asked him what's up, he asked if I had some weeds since he thought he saw me rolling one as he passed me.
    Last edited by Matty_10; 04-17-2017 at 09:58 AM.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

So, did, did you bang her?

My Ride
    Lariat

A few years ago was on a cat ski trip when a class 3.5 avalanche came through and buried one of the guides and the photographer who worked at the cat op.

Me and a buddy were able to dig both out, the one was 2 meters below the surface of the slide and was purple by the time we made it to her. We think she was under for a few minutes. One of the craziest adrenaline filled experiences of my life. Luckily both were Ok despite some bumps and bruises.
    Goes to show when you have the right avi gear and know how to use it you can save someones life.

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/7319...tain-avalanche
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Trucks

I drove by the remains of my father in a burnt out car, while on a school bus in the country when I was 10.
    I recognized the car and knew he never came home that night. Hopefully nobody else has experienced that.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I saved a friend from drowning in the rip tide in Costa Rica. She was laughing so it was hard to tell if she was in trouble or not but she started to panic when she could not get into shore.

I swam her back until the life guard met me near the shore with a surfboard and we both swam her in. Her top went missing which was a bonus I guess.

Was a interesting moment on how some people react to panic.

My Ride
    Exploded.

My father's side is related to a Filipino national hero: Andres Bonifacio

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Darell_n
    I drove by the remains of my father in a burnt out car, while on a school bus in the country when I was 10.
    I recognized the car and knew he never came home that night. Hopefully nobody else has experienced that.
    That's brutal man. sorry to hear about that.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I won a trip around Europe on the radio, almost 20 years ago now damn. Then I won $7000, then $1000 a couple of times, good way to supplement income

A bullet went through my house about 10 years ago, no injuries.

My Ride
    RSTi

I almost missed the birth of my second child because I was working on the north slope of Alaska when a volcano went off and shut down all air transport. I pretty much took anything going south (really wanted to hop on a dog sled but the opportunity didn't present itself haha).

In the end I made it with about 2 hours to spare...most stressful time of my life but makes for quite the story.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast