Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Official Short-term Investments Thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Author
Thread
SilverRex
Second Gear

What I drive: a tank
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

US dollar

ever since it broke the head and shoulder neckline, the target of the 95-96 is fully underway. I was expecting a counter trend bounce but now dollar is much weaker than I first thought. which is fine, I wanted it to drop any ways to fuel goal.

the 200 EMA daily around 98.7 could offer initial support.

Gold

well what do you know, the breakout was real, despite a last minute sell off into the close on friday, it was really a quick shake out. it never broke the days low under 1240 to confirm the downtrend and my original bullish count remains intact.

now with dollar 200EMA just a little bit to go, I hope gold has enough momentum this week to at least make a new high above 1263.87, there is quite a significance in forming this new high due to the cycle counters. in order for gold to be in a new intermediate up trend with alot more upside to go, it needs to make a new high and not a lower high. so I will be watching the 1263 area

the 6.41 Jnug I repurchased last week was indeed a good position. with a big gap up this morning, if wave 3 is underway. these gap up needs to stay unfilled. The moment things look weak relative to gold's performance I may quickly exit all my leverage position. (considering miners have corrected enough in price but not in time so I will stay a bit cautious)

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Last edited by SilverRex on 03-27-2017 at 01:44 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2017 01:31 PM
SilverRex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SilverRex Click here to Send SilverRex a Private Message Visit SilverRex's homepage! Find more posts by SilverRex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

SilverRex
Second Gear

quote:

here is an alt count I have for gold. I am still leaning towards an uber bullish move for gold but miner needs to follow, gap up and remain up. wave 3 moves tends to leave gap behind.

if miner under performs, then I will begin to consider gold being in an extended 5th wave sequence which will soon still lead to a top follow by a big decline.

miners gdxj may look ok with an ABC correction but gdx still looks a bit short in time which is my concern.

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Old Post 03-27-2017 02:00 PM
SilverRex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SilverRex Click here to Send SilverRex a Private Message Visit SilverRex's homepage! Find more posts by SilverRex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ickyflex

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Oil hovering around 47 again

Old Post 03-27-2017 02:46 PM
ickyflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ickyflex Click here to Send ickyflex a Private Message Find more posts by ickyflex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vanish3d
Neutral

What I drive: Horse
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

FCX taking a beating

Old Post 03-27-2017 02:57 PM
Vanish3d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vanish3d Click here to Send Vanish3d a Private Message Find more posts by Vanish3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverRex
Second Gear

quote:

jnug

if jnug breaks below 6.60 I am going to exit and just be content with a slight profit and wait for much lower prices.

fcx

looks like a final wave 3 of V of C underway. the lower low has been my alt count. final capitulation imo

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Old Post 03-27-2017 03:05 PM
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.75
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

Such a sad sight to see that gold is hitting 1260s and JNUG in the low 7s range.

Old Post 03-27-2017 03:16 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

No, what's sad to see is my MEG stock drop below 6 Im in it for the long game so I guess ill just twiddle my thumbs and wait for the summer oil hike.

Old Post 03-27-2017 03:20 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vanish3d
Neutral

What I drive: Horse
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by Kloubek
So, on a total whim I cashed in all my shares of BNE to try to dump it into something to make me a quick 5%. (I use the term "cashed in" as light as possible, as we all know how oil has done lately).

I dropped the roughly 10g into GBR around 11am, when I saw it has a strong upward trend in the morning. I entered at $1.25, and it has already gained some 30% by that point.

Man, was that a good play. Spiked at $1.95, and I took 8g of it out at $1.85. (Almost sold at $1.92 but I got greedy.) I'm leaving 2g in there to see what happens next week - though it is more likely than not investors will realize this was a momentum increase as opposed to one based on fundamentals.

Still, 50% gain in one day ain't too bad. If I can do that one more time I'll actually be even in my stock market attempts.

Looks like you should've held more lol

Old Post 03-27-2017 03:27 PM
Vanish3d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vanish3d Click here to Send Vanish3d a Private Message Find more posts by Vanish3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverRex
Second Gear

quote:

setting a stop under Jnug at 6.75, not liking the action in the miners. and if miner is to pop it needs to make a move now.

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Old Post 03-27-2017 04:01 PM
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.15
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Vanish3d

Looks like you should've held more lol

Yes, apparently!

No, I don't want to advertise what I am doing with my stocks all the time. Fact is, I am way down overall so nobody should be taking my advice. I just got real lucky here.

I had 2g left, which I cashed in for another 75% gain today. (It was actually well over 100% but I had too many things to do at work before I had the opportunity to cash out.)

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 03-27-2017 05:29 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bspot
Second Gear

What I drive: Vulva S40 T5 AWD
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Oil is testing the crap out of the uptrend line. If there wasn't such good opportunity here, I'd likely cut loose my BTE and UWT positions, but instead I'll hope that the gasoline draws of the last couple reports are in fact showing future supply drawdown on the way:

Old Post 03-27-2017 07:42 PM
bspot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bspot Click here to Send bspot a Private Message Find more posts by bspot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bspot
Second Gear

quote:

Gold broke out over the first downtrend line I was watching, so after exiting JDST and waiting for a direction, I opened a position in JNUG at 6.87.

I'm hoping for a retest of this breakout to add more:

Old Post 03-27-2017 07:59 PM
bspot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bspot Click here to Send bspot a Private Message Find more posts by bspot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverRex
Second Gear

quote:

Stopped out of JUNG 6.75, goibg to wait for lower prices

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Old Post 03-28-2017 04:20 PM
SilverRex
Second Gear

quote:

with my stop being knocked out. miners are clearly corrective with the recent move up. I had my suspicion that the correction was too shallow and needed to correct further in time.

so the original idea of gdx making a 3 wave move down to the 22 area is back on the table. or has always been on the table.

wave (c) down is underway. will be looking to buy back as it gets into the 22s.

there is also a h&s which could also target under 22. I expect there will be a bounce when price hits the neckline then breaking down shortly after

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Old Post 03-28-2017 04:53 PM
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

EDIT: I am retarded and will go back to read investopedia.

Last edited by jacky4566 on 03-28-2017 at 05:13 PM

Old Post 03-28-2017 05:02 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverRex
Second Gear

quote:

fcx

fcx never confirmed the bottom by taking out 13.15, and so the count which one more lower low was possible. now that it has produced this low. the probability of a low is near. even if price was to break the low under 12, it should be very mild. we are either in a wave iv of v of (c) or v of v (c) finished and i of 5 being started.

strong Positive divergence has appeared. again, I am still leaning towards the 1-2, 1-2 setup with fcx hitting 20-24 in the coming months.

2009 STI AWD
2004 TSX
2002 WRX
2000 Celica GT

Old Post 03-28-2017 05:06 PM
bspot
Second Gear

quote:

There goes GDXJ.

I'm out of JNUG for a loss, miners look like there is lots of downside if gold retests its breakout. I'll rejoin the party then.

Old Post 03-28-2017 07:04 PM
The time now is 02:16 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Official Short-term Investments Thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: