Quantcast
Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by OTown

My understanding is that every single person (civilian or police) is told what charges they are facing before they are questioned and given a chance for a defense. Its set out in law and in the the charter of rights and freedoms. They also get full disclosure for court.

So why shouldn't Phil get those same rights should he be investigated?
    I don't think you understood the allegations being made.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by OTown

My understanding is that every single person (civilian or police) is told what charges they are facing before they are questioned and given a chance for a defense. Its set out in law and in the the charter of rights and freedoms. They also get full disclosure for court.

So why shouldn't Phil get those same rights should he be investigated?
    I dont think you understand the seriousness of it and no the police don't provide every piece of evidence to their suspects before charging them with a crime. Why would they? That makes no sense. Up until charges are laid there is no reason to. Doing so in advance will only ruin the investigation. A suspects rights are to get their disclosure before their trial.. not before they are charged.

Imagine a big murder investigation with the police having to piece the puzzle together. Do you think they'll run to their suspect and provide them every single piece of evidence they have on their suspect before charging them? Of course not.. Hey mr murderer here is all the evidence we have on you. Do you mind giving us a statement now that you've read it. We haven't charged you yet but we'd love to hear your unbiased thoughts as to what happened.

CPS is purposely tainting their own investigations to help the officers figure out what to say.

Heres the CBC article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...hson-1.4005029

Heres a quote from that article:

"Furthermore, I cannot imagine a more unprincipled practice that has the obvious potential outcome of tainting any statement the subject officer could provide and leaving it fraught with the possibility of tailoring to be consistent with the evidence of other witnesses."

I don't think you understood the allegations being made.
    I don't think you understand what Otown is saying.

Originally posted by gwill

I dont think you understand the seriousness of it and no the police don't provide every piece of evidence to their suspects before charging them with a crime. Why would they? That makes no sense. Up until charges are laid there is no reason to. Doing so in advance will only ruin the investigation. A suspects rights are to get their disclosure before their trial.. not before they are charged.

Imagine a big murder investigation with the police having to piece the puzzle together. Do you think they'll run to their suspect and provide them every single piece of evidence they have on their suspect before charging them? Of course not.. Hey mr murderer here is all the evidence we have on you. Do you mind giving us a statement now that you've read it. We haven't charged you yet but we'd love to hear your unbiased thoughts as to what happened.

CPS is purposely tainting their own investigations to help the officers figure out what to say.

Heres the CBC article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...hson-1.4005029

Heres a quote from that article:

"Furthermore, I cannot imagine a more unprincipled practice that has the obvious potential outcome of tainting any statement the subject officer could provide and leaving it fraught with the possibility of tailoring to be consistent with the evidence of other witnesses."
    You also don't understand what he is saying. Everyone has a right to know what charges they are facing before questioning. He didn't say anything about evidence.

I'll address the rest of your comments later. In the meantime, you should read the press release from ASIRT in its entirety so you have the complete picture, and also a statement from one of our superintendents about how our internal investigations don't accept preferred statements, which seems to run contrary to your belief they are throwing things to protect each other.
    Last edited by phil98z24; 04-12-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Originally posted by phil98z24

You also don't understand what he is saying. Everyone has a right to know what charges they are facing before questioning. He didn't say anything about evidence.

I'll address the rest of your comments later. In the meantime, you should read the press release from ASIRT in its entirety so you have the complete picture, and also a statement from one of our superintendents about how our internal investigations don't accept preferred statements, which seems to run contrary to your belief they are throwing things to protect each other.
    I agree everyone has a right to know the charges they facing before questioning. Thats pretty straight forward. Whats not is the practice in cps to provide every bit of evidence to a police officer before theyve provided any statements.

Is the article wrong on this? They quoted CPS as saying this is common practice.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by phil98z24
    I do. And I agree with the information he shared.

I believed he was answering a question correctly, but not the question that gwill asked. I don't agree with a lot of gwill's take on police/policing, I just felt Otown overlooked the point that he (gwill) was insinuating.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Can you not just submit a FOIP request to obtain the video? If there were charges, you could request disclosure from the crown prosecutor, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

http://www.calgary.ca/cps/Pages/Publ...t-request.aspx

To be honest, I just really want to see the video vs. the original post...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Oh BTW Mar, the CPS will charge their own - in this case a 13 year member - for striking a person with their vehicle (lightly).

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary...n-vehicle.html

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Someone hacked my server and all my images are gone, I'll have to upload them again. Give me a few days.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Originally posted by Mar
    Someone hacked my server and all my images are gone.
    It was probably the cops

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Mar
    Someone hacked my server and all my images are gone, I'll have to upload them again. Give me a few days.
    Thats what backups are for??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4