Quantcast
Unfortunate experience at Valentine Volvo - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unfortunate experience at Valentine Volvo

My Ride
    NC1

I also agree.

While not in the industry I think these kinds of mistakes happen more often than not.

Last year a buddy bought a car and the deal was supposed to be $5K off and 2.6% financing but the manager printed off the docs at 0% financing. In the fine print there was a sections for Errors. Now the errors thing seems to protect the dealer more than the customer (of course). Because if the tables were turned, KVG left a $1000 deposit and had buyers remorse he would be SOL!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    G37X

If you get shitty service/shitty follow up post a FB/Google review. Calgary Honda quickly addressed my concerns the next day using that method.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I posted a review in their FB page and they said they would call me, still no word

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I bought my XC60 from Valentine, I had a few complaints after purchase which they handled professionally and made things right. Long story short, very happy with the purchase, the price I paid and I'll return as a customer.

Email Terry Coulter if you have concerns. He sorted everything out for me. On that note, a mistake is a mistake and I don't believe they have massive margins on these vehicles. They let me walk on a $200 differential on one of the XC60's I made an offer on. I bought a different vehicle ~1-2 months later.
    I like neat cars.

^^ Good for you for sticking to your price. I think a lot of people would have just done it for $200 but if you have a price you got to stick to it. I suspect the margins are bigger than you may think though haha - and they get kickbacks for volume.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I received a FB response,

"Kelly, I talked to Bruce and Bryan Cassidy (Sales Manager). They did not respond as I would have liked them to regarding this incident. The quote was our mistake and we apologized but we did not offer anything to you to show our remorse. I told them that we should have offered you the Volvo at cost and the trade value should have been the highest number we could find. We shouldn't lose money on a simple mistake but we certainly should not have tried to make money. I don't know if you are still in the market for a car and that specific Volvo is now gone but if there is anything else on our lot that interests you, I will sell it to you at cost and give you the best price we get from the market for your trade. Let me know if that's of interest. Either way, thank you for the feedback. We will be better thanks to you. Paul Valentine"

My Ride
    Grimace

^^That seems like a pretty decent offer.

My Ride
    This and that.

That's a good response. Definitely explore more options with them if you can.

My Ride
    NC1

Wonder what Bruce and Brian had to say about it
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I think it sounds like a fair offer personally.

My Ride
    Lease

Can't wait to see kvg's new Volvo posts

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Hey want to pull a couple dings out of a 93 850 thats been kicking around my family since new?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by kvg
    I received a FB response,

"Kelly, I talked to Bruce and Bryan Cassidy (Sales Manager). They did not respond as I would have liked them to regarding this incident. The quote was our mistake and we apologized but we did not offer anything to you to show our remorse. I told them that we should have offered you the Volvo at cost and the trade value should have been the highest number we could find. We shouldn't lose money on a simple mistake but we certainly should not have tried to make money. I don't know if you are still in the market for a car and that specific Volvo is now gone but if there is anything else on our lot that interests you, I will sell it to you at cost and give you the best price we get from the market for your trade. Let me know if that's of interest. Either way, thank you for the feedback. We will be better thanks to you. Paul Valentine"
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

That is actually a pretty good response. Way better than I would have expected personally.

I recently had a terrible experience at Northstar Ford, and I don't think they could ever convince me to step foot into another of their dealerships. I have been debating on posting my experience for a bit now, but I just don't think I want them contacting me.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

That's a pretty stand up response from them. Nice to see that it looks like the owner is willing to stand behind an offer, even when it's a money loser
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

KVG - only thing I have to add, is when trading that car in, do not trade it with the winter tires/wheels. Sell them separately as that won't impact the trade in value.

Originally posted by spikerS
    That is actually a pretty good response. Way better than I would have expected personally.

I recently had a terrible experience at Northstar Ford, and I don't think they could ever convince me to step foot into another of their dealerships. I have been debating on posting my experience for a bit now, but I just don't think I want them contacting me.
    Not that it matters but was it crowfoot? I had a less than satisfactory experience with them when looking at used vehicles.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

So to the shitty dealerships out there, this is an example of a stand-up response and how you deal with situations. Mistakes happen, and people will mess up. But there is always something that can be done if you put in the effort.

I wouldn't hesitate to visit Valentine Volvo if I was in the market for something there.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
    KVG - only thing I have to add, is when trading that car in, do not trade it with the winter tires/wheels. Sell them separately as that won't impact the trade in value.
    Great advice!! Also agree that is the way to respond. Way to go Valentine Volvo.

I don't believe these "errors" or "mistakes" that they make. C'mon man, you have two dollar figures to deal with and you can't make them correct when conveying them?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast