Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Wrangler around Africa

Author
Thread
Grecy

What I drive: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Hi All,

I am out exploring the mountains of Togo, right along the border of Ghana.

I am loving this place! Much cleaner than nearby countires and really, really friendly people.

Read More: http://theroadchoseme.com/the-mountains-of-togo

-Dan

--
WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-01-2017 03:57 PM
Grecy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grecy Click here to Send Grecy a Private Message Visit Grecy's homepage! Find more posts by Grecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

OTown
Neutral

What I drive: '15 Tacoma TRD DCLB
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Those are some sketchy looking bridges. I've been following and enjoying your trip. Keep it up and be safe!

Old Post 05-01-2017 06:31 PM
OTown is online now Click Here to See the Profile for OTown Click here to Send OTown a Private Message Find more posts by OTown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

For those of you that enjoy Dan's adventure, you may also enjoy this trip report from a trip across the Congo. Much shorter than Dan's expedition, but still a really interesting read as they face a lot of challenges.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hu...-kinshasa-53285

Old Post 05-03-2017 02:21 AM
BerserkerCatSplat is online now Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

What I drive: KTM
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
For those of you that enjoy Dan's adventure, you may also enjoy this trip report from a trip across the Congo. Much shorter than Dan's expedition, but still a really interesting read as they face a lot of challenges.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hu...-kinshasa-53285

Awesome read, this was actually the first "expedition" I followed. Which brought me to Grecy's first trip to Central/South America.

Old Post 05-03-2017 03:00 AM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grecy

quote:

How is the Jeep running, I hear you ask?

I am bringing back the "Jeep Stuff" posts from my previous expedition!
Here is the first one from Africa:
http://theroadchoseme.com/jeep-stuff-africa

And to read about all the repairs, upgrades and maintenance I recently performed over here checkout my article in the latest FREE edition of JPFreek Adventure Magazine:
http://currentissue.jpfreek.com/

-Dan

--
WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:47 PM
Grecy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grecy Click here to Send Grecy a Private Message Visit Grecy's homepage! Find more posts by Grecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grecy

quote:

Hi All,

After really enjoying Togo I have moved into Benin, African country number 11.

Read more: http://theroadchoseme.com/into-benin

-Dan

--

Old Post 05-14-2017 04:52 PM
keyjey77

What I drive: taxi
Posts/Day: 0.13

quote:

amazing pics and stories! will be following gladly. have fun and safe travels, the best of luck on the road

Old Post 05-19-2017 09:43 AM
keyjey77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keyjey77 Click here to Send keyjey77 a Private Message Find more posts by keyjey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grecy

quote:

Hey everyone,

Exactly a year to the day since I bought this Jeep, I have driven it to Elephants!!

http://theroadchoseme.com/pendjari-national-park

I am still pinching myself, and I can't believe the scale of the adventures I have already had, but more than that, what is in front of me!

The adventure keeps growing by the day!

Next up: Nigeria.
Gulp.

-Dan

--

Last edited by Grecy on 05-24-2017 at 07:24 PM

Old Post 05-24-2017 07:21 PM
The time now is 04:02 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Wrangler around Africa

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: