Quantcast
Opinions requested. Thinking of trading my truck in.... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions requested. Thinking of trading my truck in....

My Ride
    bus

I'd wait for the 2nd year of the new 3.5 and 10sp tranny, so 2018 model year

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Darell_n
    The 10 speed will make more improvement in performance vs new engines. For Dodge, the ZF 8-speed resulted in a nearly 1 second improvement in the 1/4 mile over the identical 6-speed truck and made the vehicle much more responsive. I would expect the same results with Ford.
    I find that super odd. GM's trucks didn't improve with the 8sp over the 6. Infact, arguably, it got worse.

The 8sp in the gmc and chevs may only last 2 years.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Are you getting a POS XLT trim? I wouldnt get a POS xlt trim if i were getting a new truck. The new f150's have amazing interiors now and with the huge dual moonroof why would you get a POS xlt? POSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOS

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    Are you getting a POS XLT trim? I wouldnt get a POS xlt trim if i were getting a new truck. The new f150's have amazing interiors now and with the huge dual moonroof why would you get a POS xlt? POSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOSPOS
    the new XLT has some "options"

if you opt for the power moonroof and the 8" screen... add your own Katskin leather and you're pretty much at the Lariat without the price.

that said, I'd go Lariat... just because thats going to be the model that will retain the best value.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

He is being sarcastic r3cc0s and trying to be funny.

Have decided to ditch the 5.0l. Tried the 2.7l EB and it is decent. Plants you in your seat more than the 5.0 does, but the towing numbers are throwing me off. So they are now hunting down a 3.5L for me. I think we have all the numbers worked out, and I am not getting totally raped on the trade in so I am ok with that.

They are offering me 17k for my 2012 Screw 3.5L with 115kms on it.

Are the USA buyers still around Calgary? Wondering if it is better going through them...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS
    He is being sarcastic r3cc0s and trying to be funny.

Have decided to ditch the 5.0l. Tried the 2.7l EB and it is decent. Plants you in your seat more than the 5.0 does, but the towing numbers are throwing me off. So they are now hunting down a 3.5L for me. I think we have all the numbers worked out, and I am not getting totally raped on the trade in so I am ok with that.

They are offering me 17k for my 2012 Screw 3.5L with 115kms on it.

Are the USA buyers still around Calgary? Wondering if it is better going through them...
    have you compared Kijiji for what you can do private?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

No, but it is more out of fear of having to deal with kijiji idiots.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

What's the body condition and tire condition like on your current truck? Any accidents, liens, or hail claims? Any tears or major stains on the seats?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    What's the body condition and tire condition like on your current truck? Any accidents, liens, or hail claims? Any tears or major stains on the seats?
    As it stands now, body condition is good. I have a scratch on the drivers door that I am getting fixed through insurance after some kid on a bike scraped it. Did have a slight passenger door ding in a parkING lot that got fixed ($1600). Tires are about 70%.

Did have a hail claim, but our reident PDR guru fixed it, and if it was to get hail damage again, it is able to be claimed.

Zero tears or stains, but the truck could use an interior clean and shampoo.

Truck does not currently have a box liner, so the bed is scratched up, but a spray in liner would make it 100% new again.

And just has my current lein from Ford credit on it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

You'd probably get more than 17 on beyond no kijji imo.
    It's too late and I'm sure the engines a bit different, but city driving my 2011 5.0 gets the same or better as you eco boost guys claim, no real towing #s though

Originally posted by Black Gts
    You'd probably get more than 17 on beyond no kijji imo.
    It's too late and I'm sure the engines a bit different, but city driving my 2011 5.0 gets the same or better as you eco boost guys claim, no real towing #s though
    this is not uncommon... just the performance of the ecoboost is better for low RPM towing.

when you got 12PSI per turbo running, you're running a 6+ litre engine, so

you get the power, which comes at the sacrifice of efficiency

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Id say you can get $20-22k pretty instantly in kijiji for it spikerS.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Wait for then 2017...

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

How much do you want for your current truck? how much are they offering trade? I might buy it off you if its a good enough deal and donate it to my dad. Hes go an aging 1998 F150 with 420km. still runs good lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Forwarded you the contact info for the USA brokers I used last fall. No idea if they are still actively looking for trucks though.

If it was me, I'd be willing to fuck around with the guys on kijiji if it meant another couple grand in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Black book on a 2012 3.5 Screw with 115,000 kms is $22,325-$24,785.

$17,000 is way too low IMO. Typically private should bring in a few grand above the low CBB range. I think 23-24 private should be an easy sale.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by InRich
    How much do you want for your current truck? how much are they offering trade? I might buy it off you if its a good enough deal and donate it to my dad. Hes go an aging 1998 F150 with 420km. still runs good lol

Originally posted by Aleks
    Black book on a 2012 3.5 Screw with 115,000 kms is $22,325-$24,785.

$17,000 is way too low IMO. Typically private should bring in a few grand above the low CBB range. I think 23-24 private should be an easy sale.

Well, providing my financing goes through, if someone wanted my 2012, I would be willing to go under the Black book values for Beyonders and sell it for $21,000 as is.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Spikers, what is throwing you off about the tow rating?

This is one of the few cases where I would have no qualms towing near the max capacity with the 2.7L ecoboost if you like it. The trucks are literally the exact same except for the engine, anything else is them playing shenanigans with tow ratings. Unless of course you go for the max tow package 3.5l, then things change.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Forwarded you the contact info for the USA brokers I used last fall. No idea if they are still actively looking for trucks though.

If it was me, I'd be willing to fuck around with the guys on kijiji if it meant another couple grand in my pocket.
    Would you mind forwarding that info to me as well? I am also looking to get rid of my truck.
    Thanks

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

The tow rating is a factor for 2 things.

1 is the resale value down the road, the max tow packages help keep value, and 2, We are eventually going to be buying a new travel trailer, and not having to worry about weight restrictions is a big bonus.

I drove the 5.0 for a day, and the 2.7 for a day. The 5.0 felt really sluggish, it really needed to rev up to start moving. the 2.7 was good, more off the line than the 5.0 but still, just didn't feel right. the 3.5L is just a friggin beast under the hood compared to the other options, and for me it feels right. I use my truck as a truck, like I don't mind putting 3k lbs of concrete and lumber in the back, all my tools etc, or even towing a car hauler with another truck on it. And the 3.5L has proven itself in the real world now, for myself too. There isn't really any questions about it, and we know what the gremlins are. Next year the new 3.5L comes out, and it creates a big question mark again.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast