Quantcast
RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

I don't plug mine in either, and I've never timed it but would have to estimate it starts to blow warm after 10min of idling or 5min of driving. Tailgate works fine too.

My Ride
    bus

No issues with my tailgate or undercover flex tonneau cover in this weather. You guys should install a dee zee tailgate assist, works like a charm.

My Ride

I'm thinking I need some more bass in my old man truck, but don't want to give up the fold-flat floor thing that attaches to the backseat. Does anyone here have a workable solution for a decent sub box in theirs? Not looking for window breaking competition stuff, maybe just 1 or 2 10"-12" subs?

The alpine upgrade option comes with a sub under the rear passenger side and still has the fold flat. You could easily fit another one on the other side given the room there too.

Big $$ though, glass box, shallow depth 8's or 10's, Amp under passenger seat.

Or you could pick and pull the parts from an OEM wreck.

My Ride

I've got the factory Alpine upgrade with a single 8" in a plastic box under the rear passenger side. Is that the same one you're talking about? It's pretty underwhelming to be honest. I see there's a Mopar Kicker upgrade kit you can get from the dealer, but it's stupid expensive and still looks pretty cheesy. I'd pay a bit for a box if I could keep the stupid folding floor thing as it's kinda handy.

Originally posted by carson blocks
    I've got the factory Alpine upgrade with a single 8" in a plastic box under the rear passenger side. Is that the same one you're talking about? It's pretty underwhelming to be honest. I see there's a Mopar Kicker upgrade kit you can get from the dealer, but it's stupid expensive and still looks pretty cheesy. I'd pay a bit for a box if I could keep the stupid folding floor thing as it's kinda handy.
    Ah, if you have the factory sub, then it should be easy.

Guys have had success in upgrading to something more efficient in the OEM box and reinforcing/applying sound deadening in the process. Many aftermarket players make shallow depth 8's.

If you want more than that, you can pull the OEM alpine sub/box and have a stereo shop build you a fiberglass one in each of the well's under the seat. Guys have fit shallow depth 10's in there.

Id go a reputable shop and get them to quote you. It will likely be almost a grand for the box/install though.

My Ride

Originally posted by spike98

Ah, if you have the factory sub, then it should be easy.

Guys have had success in upgrading to something more efficient in the OEM box and reinforcing/applying sound deadening in the process. Many aftermarket players make shallow depth 8's.
    I wasn't sure if a better 8" sub and adding an amp would make enough of a difference to be worth it? I'm not looking for competition grade, but enough to feel in the back of the seat and make listening to bass heavy music fun.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

So I guess there was a reason there are no 2017 Ecodiesels anywhere.

Wonder if people will pile on FCA like they did on VW now.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

I'm looking to replace my side steps to the OEM black Mopar side steps, anyone have a suggestion where the best place to buy them new online or locally?

Also would consider used takeoff OEM Mopar side steps as well if anyone knows of someone getting rid of some. I have a 2015 Ram Sport Crew Cab.

I wasn't sure if a better 8" sub and adding an amp would make enough of a difference to be worth it? I'm not looking for competition grade, but enough to feel in the back of the seat and make listening to bass heavy music fun.
    I recall a thread on ramforumz where i guy started with a better sub, braced the existing box a bit and added some sound deadening for a noticeable improvement. Up the power if need too but i wouldn't go that step unless i am going all in (2 subs, custom box, ect) as you will need to do the work for an aftermarket amp.

Honestly, the best is to just hit up a reputable car audio shop and check your options and decide what fits your budget.

My Ride
    bus

Small Diesel engines are done in North America

My Ride
    bus

Originally posted by redevil
    I'm looking to replace my side steps to the OEM black Mopar side steps, anyone have a suggestion where the best place to buy them new online or locally?

Also would consider used takeoff OEM Mopar side steps as well if anyone knows of someone getting rid of some. I have a 2015 Ram Sport Crew Cab.

My local dealer had the best price on the black factory side steps. I purchased them at airdrie dodge and installed them myself. Pretty easy diy

Originally posted by redblack

Small Diesel engines are done in North America
    its all about expectation management, and somehow VW and the like somehow convinced the EPA that urea based DEF somehow took oil burners and made them hybrids.

not anything wrong with the solution, just they weren't hybrids and honestly a diesel in a half-ton is a very "Smart" idea to get better fuel economy out of a working class vehicle...

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Clever
    Redline_mr2 works out of Red Deer I think, but again send him a PM as he is one of the trusted OG's here and would be able to point you to the right direction.

On a different note, is anyone else having issues with their tailgate not closing when it's cold outside? I started having issues once it got really cold the last few weeks and would take several hard shoves before the tailgate locks.
    Ive had that tailgate issue since I bought it. if it's more than -20 I don't open my tailgate. I fucked around with the bump stops and all that shit and nothing helped, only heat.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Where's the cheapest place to buy a BAKFlip F1? I just sold my Mopar tonneau cover and want to go with the F1. So far cheapest place quoted me $1199. I plan to install it myself as well.

Originally posted by redevil
    Where's the cheapest place to buy a BAKFlip F1? I just sold my Mopar tonneau cover and want to go with the F1. So far cheapest place quoted me $1199. I plan to install it myself as well.
    Try Truckcessories, I thought I saw it for cheaper on their website. Or maybe contact Bob at Urban X, there was a thread about tonneau covers and one of the members said he got his cover from Bob, I don't think it's the same cover but he might be able to get it for you.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Don't think there is any options that keep your fold flat... I have a JL stealth box with a 10" W3 under my rear passenger. It's great for the truck, adds the perfect amount of bass, and sounds good with the stock speakers. Mine aren't even alpine. My old roomate had the alpine system the sub sucked haha

One thing that bugs me about these trucks is the windshield defrost doesn't hit the windshield low enough the warm the wiper blades haha... super annoying.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

What sort of fuel economy are you guys getting with the Hemi? is the 16.0L/km city on the window sticker accurate?
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Originally posted by dino_martini
    What sort of fuel economy are you guys getting with the Hemi? is the 16.0L/km city on the window sticker accurate?
    If you want mileage that is close use the American numbers. Way closer than the Canadian numbers.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast