Quantcast
Proper etiquette at a gas station? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper etiquette at a gas station?

Default Proper etiquette at a gas station?

Hi guy's

Just want to know, after your done fueling at a gas station do you move your car to the side and go inside to pay, or just leave the car by the pump and pay inside and leave.

I am asking because I had this clown at the Esso gas station by country hills blvd. This morning That couldn't wait two minutes for me to pay and leave. He started to honk his horn telling me to move my car to the Fu@king side and then go inside and pay. I was like WTF....

So, he then does a burn out and moves inches behind my bumper, all this while i paying for the gas inside. I come out and he is like" nice to fucking leave your car parked here while paying asshole, there are lot of people waiting you know"

I just told him to pi$$ off, and left.

So what is the proper etiquette here? If I moved my car the side, store clerks would have chased me down thinking I wasn't going to pay and take off. Yea it was busy there this morning,but can't people wait freaking two minutes anymore?

End rant :-D

i would have assumed that he wouldn't even be able to use the pump until you have payed for your gas?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Leave it where it is and go pay. Some gas stations even have signs that say don't move the car until you've paid for your gas.

I was gonna say this clown sounds like he drives a BMW, but then I saw what you drove Maybe he drives a newer, more expensive BMW haha

Originally posted by holden
    i would have assumed that he wouldn't even be able to use the pump until you have payed for your gas?
    Agreed. Pump, Pay, Leave.
    If he has a problem, he should be lining up for pay at the pump only. You should have taken the moment to use the squeegee to to an ultra perfect job of cleaning your windows, just to pis him off more.

I don't think I've ever seen someone move out of the way before going in to pay. I know I've never done it.

My Ride
    AWOL

If it's retardedly busy and moving your car is a simple turn-in maneuver then yeah move it, especially if you're going in to shop or shit, but otherwise the 1min wait won't be fatal. I can count on one hand the number of times I've moved...

My Ride
    is Invisible

The next person can pump before the first person paid for the gas.

And the clerks wont chase you if u ended up moving ur car into a parking stall. They are used to it.

I always pump and go inside without moving my car. Unless its really, really, really busy than ill move it. Which has yet to happen.

My Ride
    Sentra

Who doesn't pay at the pump these days?

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

I was gonna say this clown sounds like he drives a BMW, but then I saw what you drove Maybe he drives a newer, more expensive BMW haha

No, he drove a older blue color Grand Prix, he was in his mid twenties with the girl friend in the car.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Leave it where it is and go pay. Some gas stations even have signs that say don't move the car until you've paid for your gas.

Originally posted by GoChris
    Who doesn't pay at the pump these days?
    I would NEVER move my car to go and pay after pumping gas, what a waste of time. The only time I pay inside is when I need a delicious snack.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

pretty sure if you get in your car and start to drive off without paying, most gas stations would assume you're trying to steal gas, and as said above, most stations have signs stating you should pay before moving your car.

Should have rushed the kid and scared the shit out of him.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-02-2019 at 03:33 PM.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Why pay at the pump if you have to get smokes or a drink or a lottery tickets

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Yeah i agree, I always pay @ the pump, but who the fuck moves their car to pay? What a doucher

My Ride
    changes every year

fuck him, go in and pay, thats how its always been. however if its a 2 pump and youre parked in the middle of the second pump and i have to wait for you to move, fuck you, move, that shit pisses me off.

ya cant move up a foot so i can get in and pump too? whats the point of 2 pumps if people park in the middle of both? /end rant lol

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Why arn't you paying at the pump, lol
    I sometimes do but....Needed a Lotto Max ticket for tonight's 50 Million Dollar draw.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

That guy is an absolute idiot. Driving your car anywhere before paying is a big no no, leave your car and go in pay, that guy can wait.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Originally posted by Jlude
    pretty sure if you get in your car and start to drive off without paying, most gas stations would assume you're trying to steal gas, and as said above, most stations have signs stating you should pay before moving your car.

Should have rushed the kid and scared the shit out of him.
    I know at one of the esso's here they have an automated system that records the plate of the vehicle at the pump then forwads it to authorities if it moves. Reguardless of your intent, leaving it until paying is proper. Fuck that guy and his impatient cocky attitude.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

I always thought the standard was to pay first then move your car, I've been filling up gas every few weeks for a couple years now and I have NEVER seen anyone pull aside before paying.
    Go Flames!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    fuck him, go in and pay, thats how its always been. however if its a 2 pump and youre parked in the middle of the second pump and i have to wait for you to move, fuck you, move, that shit pisses me off.

ya cant move up a foot so i can get in and pump too? whats the point of 2 pumps if people park in the middle of both? /end rant lol
    No, the Coutry Hills Esso have only one pump not double...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast