Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > P.Eng Application Question

Author
Thread
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by killramos

edit: So updates on this for anyone who is interested on current timing, all others just ignore:

About 2 days after putting ( Jan 22 ) in my application i checked my status that was saying my academic records were missing, which was stupid since I'm already a registered EIT. Anyhow a quick phone call in and the guy was able to put me directly in the application queue over the phone. So definitely something to check as that could have taken them quite a while to resolve on their own.

Now today ( Feb 1 ) I have started getting emails saying my character declaration and my work experience record has been accepted and my references have been sent the questionnaire. I didn't expect to get to this step until the summer by the way people were talking.

That's pretty fricken fast if I say so myself so maybe they have churned through the backlog?

I have also been assigned to a coordinator and everything outstanding is being live tracked on the website.

Thats pretty standard. Those steps occurred right away with mine as well. The big backlog/time sucker is the experience examiner and review board (they're the last of the ~8 or 10 stages it has to go through).

Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, but you aren't even close to knowing if you have a fast application process

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:41 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Hilarious, well whatever it doesn't really bother me. Getting the questionnaires out sooner actually helps me with some timing stuff with my references so ill take that as the positive and call it a day.

Gives me something to occupy my mind haha

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Last edited by killramos on 02-23-2017 at 09:13 PM

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:44 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

quote:

Old Post 02-01-2017 11:08 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

What I drive: Fiesta ST
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Yeah thats about normal. Mine was:

Apply
A couple days - References sent out
2.5 months of hounding my twat of a reference to fill out the stupid survey
5 months of being reviewed because of the backlog
1 month of review completed and will go in front of the board at the next meeting (usually around the 15th of the following month)
Got my PEng.

Total time ~9 months but a large chunk of that was wasted on a reference not doing the survey. One of my coworkers just got hers and she did it 3 months end to end. They appear to have caught up on a lot of the backlog and are processing applications faster now.

Old Post 02-01-2017 11:34 PM
pheoxs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pheoxs Click here to Send pheoxs a Private Message Find more posts by pheoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

So... how many months later? Apega is just acknowledging they have all my references. Be careful who you ask to sign off on you kids...

Apparently the 12-18 month clocks starts now

Engineering is the worst.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

fact.

Old Post 05-01-2017 09:47 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

What I drive: Fiesta ST
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
So... how many months later? Apega is just acknowledging they have all my references. Be careful who you ask to sign off on you kids...

Apparently the 12-18 month clocks starts now

Engineering is the worst.

Its been quicker lately. My co-worker got hers done late fall and it was only about 2 months from when her references were all in. Not sure if thats changed since then.

Old Post 05-01-2017 09:49 PM
pheoxs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pheoxs Click here to Send pheoxs a Private Message Find more posts by pheoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

The 12-18 months was right from the horses mouth in their email today. Though probably a gross overestimate agreed.

I just hope they don't come back to me on anything cause that is what will eat up time.

fact.

Old Post 05-01-2017 09:54 PM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Yeah, tracking down your references and getting them to actually respond is by far the worst part of the process.

Old Post 05-01-2017 10:10 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

quote:

For me, the references was the easiest part. Chalk it up to active networking I suppose.

APEGA just sucked the hind tit on the review process for mine.

Old Post 05-02-2017 12:37 AM
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

It was one reference without a company email that brought it down to a crawl for me. So they mailed it to him. Then he want to Hawaii for a month and a half.

Oh well it's done now. Ironically now I am at a point where the PEng could really help me for work and I need to get it to have a chance of promotion.

fact.

Last edited by killramos on 05-02-2017 at 02:10 PM

Old Post 05-02-2017 03:33 AM
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Yeah, non-email references can really slow things down. I had 2 that had to be done by mail, and that added probably an extra month. Finally got mine, in total it took about 15 months.

Old Post 05-02-2017 05:18 AM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

What I drive: Ford, Acura, Harley
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

My wife's was surprisingly fast. She submitted hers mid January and she got her P.Eng mid April.

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Old Post 05-02-2017 02:03 PM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:08 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > P.Eng Application Question

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: