Hey everybody. I have run into the following problem and am curious if anybody else has encountered it.

Some 6mths ago I looked at my bell cell phone bill and noticed some $8 charge for a subscription. I had no idea what it was so I called Bell for an explanation. They informed me that I had subscribed to Tone Club. I have never heard of this and would definitely not have subscribed to it. It's a mthly charge that gives you acess to free ring tones. They told me that they could reverse the charge once as a good jesture. I cancelled the subscription and forgot about it. Fast forward to last mth and this mth and the subscription charge has once again appeared on my bill. I called back and was told again I had subscribed to this Tone Club. I asked to speak to a manager who informed me that I subscribed to the service either via text or online. I have never signed up for any additional 3rd party features for my phone. He told me that somebody could have entered my number into the subscription by mistake. I argued with him about this problem and demanded my money back. He told me that he sees that they gave me my money back for this one time before but cannot reverse the charges again. He told me to just cancel the service which I obviously did immediately. I asked him if there is any way to protect myself in the future and he said no. Are you kidding me? So pretty much I can be signed up for this every couple of mths and I have no way to stop it. He didn't even care if I was to cancel my account.

I'm hoping somebody else has experienced this issue. I'm gathering some info for backup since I've contacted Leah Williams-Doherty and she wants to chat about it.

Thanks in advance everybody.